You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Selling Kuyt

KevieG

ye we know our defence and cm is solid but we're talking about getting that extra quality in attacking positions.

KevinG said those bit nothing players would get into our squad. I disagreed.

AS for attacking positions; Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, and Tevez would have a shout of getting into our squad.

Ronaldo and Rooney would get into our first team.

Tevez is an uglier version of Kuyt with less work ethic and a bit more creativity.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is open to discussion but when someone acts a cunt... Whats there to discuss?

Explain to me how someone is acting a cunt when he asks a valid question; also, how many have negged Paul for basically agreeing with the initial post.... thought so.

Top 5, that's a bit too much credit. I rate reina, carra, agger, masch, gerrard and torres all above him. He's a hardworking player but definitely replaceable.

Hopefully Agger can prove you right on that next season, the potential's there, let's hope he gets the fitness back.

I think we couldn't replace Dirk - he's that unique.

I just find it laughable that some people - not yourself - think our only option in the wide front positions must be a permatanned, 'fast', diamond stud wearing southern European, just because that model has worked well for United.

More than one way to break an egg, and hopefully many on this thread will be eating humble pie with Rafa's ingenious omelette next season.

is kuyt better than ronaldo, giggs, tevez, rooney, scholes,?

Are they better than Gerrard or Torres?

You can't be slating Kuyt because he is not as good as those players, it's like saying that those players are shite because Torres and Gerrard are better than them.

Kuyt is a good, strong, intellegent player who adds a lot to the balance of the team, he helps win back the ball a lot, high up in the pitch, he creates chances and is always a good outlet - doing the work so Gerrard, Torres and Babel can do the damage. We lose Kuyt, and we lose that work ethic, which means Gerrard would probably have to do more chasing and not be in the positions which will hurt the other team more, in turn this isolates Torres.

Explain to me how someone is acting a cunt when he asks a valid question; also, how many have negged Paul for basically agreeing with the initial post.... thought so.

Pretty easy... He comes in and goes about it a different way. Paul is stating his opinion, an opinion he formed earlier this season and will not change, and we come to expect it and KevinG is going, "WE NEED TO SELL KUYT WHILST THE PRICE IS HOT!" and now he's slagging off our squad and licking bit part united players' nuts.

It's a pretty different way about it.

edit: He also made the thread which opened up a huge can of worms because some people: Philly, Paul, etc

Have not, and will not forgive Kuyt for playing poorly after his father died.

Exactly, he just asked a fair question as I said earlier on the thread how many of those against selling Kuyt would change their minds if Rafa wanted rid

Pretty easy... He comes in and goes about it a different way. Paul is stating his opinion, an opinion he formed earlier this season and will not change, and we come to expect it and KevinG is going, "WE NEED TO SELL KUYT WHILST THE PRICE IS HOT!" and now he's slagging off our squad and licking bit part united players' nuts.

It's a pretty different way about it.

He never said "we need to sell him", just that would it make sense to sell him if the right price came in for him.

Guest TK-421
If I was in Rafa's shoes, I'd sell any or all of Dirk, Pennant, JAR, Voronin and (unfortunately) Crouch in order to bring in one impact signing like Torres (Villa, for example). We'd be a stronger team doing that deal, in my opinion.

What happens if Impact Signing (I'm assuming he's a forward) gets seriously injured and you've got rid of Kuyt, Voronin, Crouch and Pennant?

KevinG said those bit nothing players would get into our squad. I disagreed.

AS for attacking positions; Nani, Ronaldo, Rooney, and Tevez would have a shout of getting into our squad.

Ronaldo and Rooney would get into our first team.

Tevez is an uglier version of Kuyt with less work ethic.

I think he looks like an uglier version of anthony keides, but I do think he is better than kuyt, I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong tho.

He never said "we need to sell him", just that would it make sense to sell him if the right price came in for him.

and a lot of us strongly disagreed and disagreed with him opening up another thread for pricks to start slinging mud at Kuyt, whom is a fantastic person, along with being one of our best footballers.

What happens if Impact Signing (I'm assuming he's a forward) gets seriously injured and you've got rid of Kuyt, Voronin, Crouch and Pennant?

We don't need a squad or superb athletes like Dirk. We just need a starting XI.

That's it. Why the fuck would we need a squad? It's not like we play in four competitions and haven't learned the lesson showed to us, painfully, by United the last two years.

Are they better than Gerrard or Torres?

You can't be slating Kuyt because he is not as good as those players, it's like saying that those players are shite because Torres and Gerrard are better than them.

Kuyt is a good, strong, intellegent player who adds a lot to the balance of the team, he helps win back the ball a lot, high up in the pitch, he creates chances and is always a good outlet - doing the work so Gerrard, Torres and Babel can do the damage. We lose Kuyt, and we lose that work ethic, which means Gerrard would probably have to do more chasing and not be in the positions which will hurt the other team more, in turn this isolates Torres.

Anyone who pulls on the Red shirt should put the effort in, it shouldn't be this special thing, while Kuyt does work hard I think against the likes of United we will need more of a goal threat as if they take Gerrard and Torres out the game as they did last year, who is going to step up to the plate?

With Dirk playing pretty well, and hoping that he continues this form through the euros, would anyone agree with me that if the opportunity came up that we could get our money back our better that we should cash in while his stock is so high?

Anything around the 12 million mark would be great business IMO and should be seriously considered to fund purchases for the wings.

That would make us a "Selling club", a "provider" club, a "Nursery club".

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!

and a lot of us strongly disagreed and disagreed with him opening up another thread for pricks to start slinging mud at Kuyt, whom is a fantastic person, along with being one of our best footballers.

Just for the record, I like Kuyt and don't want him sold either.

Anyone who pulls on the Red shirt should put the effort in, it shouldn't be this special thing, while Kuyt does work hard I think against the likes of United we will need more of a goal threat as if they take Gerrard and Torres out the game as they did last year, who is going to step up to the plate?

Are you kidding? Some people just don't have the drive to try that hard. Some lack the fitness to work hard like Dirk. Dirk has an engine like Sissoko and can literally sprint for ninety minutes.

He gets down deep and then as our game goes into transition is already running at the fullback causing him to peel out of the center for the likes of Torres/Babel/Gerrard providing more space for them off the center/left.

When the play moves deep left he'll run right by the right back and let the centerback know he's there causing him to take two or three steps to the right... that opens up more space.

When you don't give Kuyt the respect of taking those steps... Guess what? he does to you what he did for Holland against Italy. Makes you pay. He showed us against Inter, he showed us against Arsenal.... He can burn you if you give him chances.

If you take away his chance... Torres, Babel, Gerrard have that extra yard necessary.

He's really a nightmare because he's always causing problems just by BEING where he is... There is never an attack for Liverpool without Kuyt being up near the line after helping to win back the ball at the beginning of the attack.

Guest TK-421
We don't need a squad or superb athletes like Dirk. We just need a starting XI.

That's it. Why the fuck would we need a squad? It's not like we play in four competitions and haven't learned the lesson showed to us, painfully, by United the last two years.

I know the point Paul is making, it's clear that he thinks we've signed too many squad players. I just think it'd be a case of placing all the eggs in one basket and would place huge pressure on the incoming player.

Also if people expect incoming players to make the same kind of impact Torres has in his first season they might come away disappointed.

My own view is that we need players like Kuyt, just as Man Utd need hard working players like Park and O'Shea, to balance the squad.

Are you kidding? Some people just don't have the drive to try that hard. Some lack the fitness to work hard like Dirk. Dirk has an engine like Sissoko and can literally sprint for ninety minutes.

He gets down deep and then as our game goes into transition is already running at the fullback causing him to peel out of the center for the likes of Torres/Babel/Gerrard providing more space for them off the center/left.

When the play moves deep left he'll run right by the right back and let the centerback know he's there causing him to take two or three steps to the right... that opens up more space.

When you don't give Kuyt the respect of taking those steps... Guess what? he does to you what he did for Holland against Italy. Makes you pay. He showed us against Inter, he showed us against Arsenal.... He can burn you if you give him chances.

If you take away his chance... Torres, Babel, Gerrard have that extra yard necessary.

He's really a nightmare because he's always causing problems just by BEING where he is... There is never an attack for Liverpool without Kuyt being up near the line after helping to win back the ball at the beginning of the attack.

Well I'l be interested to see what problems we cause United next year in what will hopefully be a six pointer.

Guest TK-421

There was a great moment in the Italy game when Holland were defending at 2-0, pretty much camped out in their own half. David Pleat said "I wonder how much more Kuyt can give in this game?", a few minutes later he was at the other ending providing the cross for the third goal.

I know the point Paul is making, it's clear that he thinks we've signed too many squad players. I just think it'd be a case of placing all the eggs in one basket and would place huge pressure on the incoming player.

Also if people expect incoming players to make the same kind of impact Torres has in his first season they might come away disappointed.

My own view is that we need players like Kuyt, just as Man Utd need hard working players like Park and O'Shea, to balance the squad.

Agreed. We need a solid bench, now. We build up a better bench and we'll be closer to winning the title.

We need some 'might be good enoughs' to replace our 'not good enoughs'.