You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Selling Kuyt

KevieG

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about one thing, he isn't a fancy player. However, he's a shiteload better than what you give him credit for... He puts in Man of the Match performances in big games and scores big goals.

Fuck off... He's worth more then £12million and is one of our best players.

have you been dropping acid?

I think Dirk is a great player for us. Everyone has recognised his hard work and it was that that got him through his dodgy start to the season. He never gave up. I wasn't slagging him off then; his dad, who he was very close to died and he's a young kid in a foriegn country. Dirk is a man of steel and has scored many important goals too. I love him.

you don't sell your best players (unless you're aston villa) and kuyt is clearly one of our best players.

kuyt had a poor season but finished strongly. class is permanant.

Well he wouldn't be one of united's best players and thats who we must try to eclipse.

Liverpool football club cannot find better than Kuyt? it will be a sad state of affairs when that is the case

depends who it was. obviously there are more talented players out there, but are they rght for liverpool fc, or in our price range?

if we're going to continue with this current system, then i 'd rather stick with dirk on the right, who looks to be fully adjusting to the role now, and improve the left side instead.

Well he wouldn't be one of united's best players and thats who we must try to eclipse.

United have a lot of seemingly average players who help make the team tick. Without them Rooney, Ronaldo et al would have to do all the heavy lifting so to speak. Dirk is above average, check out his goals in the CL. I think we'll have more goals from him next season. Anyone know how many assists he came up with, particularly in the second half of the season?

Bullshit argument. Could Brown/Oshea/van der Saar/Hargreaves get into our squad?

yes they could, so its not bullshit and its one fo the reasons we are consistently behind them, because where as they'll have ronaldo on the right we'll be happy with kuyt, who would probably get 15 games at most for united.

The only reason Kuty is playing for club and country is because of his work rate.. He isn't that bloody skillful.. he won't go past a defender with his quick feet and to be honest, his shooting isn't the best either..

If you could sell him for 12 million and be guaranteed that the money would go towards a top player for the wing/striker (Not a squad player) then hell yes.

Stevie G played way better on the Right that kuyt did.. and i'm sure the stats would prove that .. so saying that Kuyt couldn't be replaced.. is bull.

get rid of the squad players and get quality.. reserves shoudl be used to fill the gaps when needed.. that why we have them

yes they could, so its not bullshit and its one fo the reasons we are consistently behind them, because where as they'll have ronaldo on the right we'll be happy with kuyt, who would probably get 15 games at most for united.

So Reina is worse than Van Der Saar? and Brown is better than Finnan? and Hargreaves is better than Masch? you are, quite frankly, insane!

i thnik dirk has a lot more to his game than just hard work, but when did an amazing work ethic become such a bad thing?

our history is littered with good, honest, hard working players who were supplimented by a sprinkling of top class players around them. it was the platform for most of our success.

i'm sure someone like quaresma might offer moments of brillance but is he going to fight for that extra yard that makes the difference?

Dirk Kuyt was absolutely awesome in the last few months of the season after some tough personal issues and kept that up against Italy this week.

Some of the comments on his workrate verge on the patronising, ignoring the space this creates for Torres and Gerrard and the pressure it puts the opposition defence under. There is no fucking player on earth like him (besides maybe Mascherano).

Have people forgotten the games against Inter Milan? Arsenal? Chelsea?

Why would we want to sell one of our top five players?

He's fucking boss, and we're privileged to have him.

United have a lot of seemingly average players who help make the team tick. Without them Rooney, Ronaldo et al would have to do all the heavy lifting so to speak. Dirk is above average, check out his goals in the CL. I think we'll have more goals from him next season. Anyone know how many assists he came up with, particularly in the second half of the season?

I like Kuyt and admire his workrate but their will be games when his hardwork counts for nothing and we'll need that bit of unpredictabilty or magic to turn the match, we can't just rely on torres and gerrard to be our match winners as much as we did last season, ye its good having grafters and torres works hard also plus he has flair and of creativity that you want players in attacking positions to have.

Everyone one of them would be in our squad

I don't think Brown/O'shea would make it into our squad. Hargreaves at a push/Carrick at a push, and VDS would be on the bench.

If you think O'Shea would be in front of Aurelio on the bench, incorrect. If you think that Brown would be ahead of Agger or Skrtel or Carragher, incorrect. Hargreaves/Carrick may be able to squeeze ahead of Lucas due to Lucas' age/inexperience.

but we're not talking about squad players? unless you are indicating that Kuyt shouldnt even be in the squad?

Jesus christ lad, you just said the aforementioned players wouldn't make our squad.

My point, if you can follow, was that with Kuyt possibly reaching his maximum potential transfer fee during these championships, and considering that IMO he isn't what we need for that position, and also considering that we are skint and selling the likes of Xabi to fund transfers, that maybe we should cash in on him and put it towards a top class winger.

Do you want me to write all that with crayons?

Second half of the season, Kuyt had seven assists.

Dirk Kuyt was absolutely awesome in the last few months of the season after some tough personal issues and kept that up against Italy this week.

Some of the comments on his workrate verge on the patronising, ignoring the space this creates for Torres and Gerrard and the pressure it puts the opposition defence under. There is no fucking player on earth like him (besides maybe Mascherano).

Have people forgotten the games against Inter Milan? Arsenal? Chelsea?

Why would we want to sell one of our top five players?

He's fucking boss, and we're privileged to have him.

Top 5, that's a bit too much credit. I rate reina, carra, agger, masch, gerrard and torres all above him. He's a hardworking player but definitely replaceable.

I don't think Brown/O'shea would make it into our squad. Hargreaves at a push/Carrick at a push, and VDS would be on the bench.

If you think O'Shea would be in front of Aurelio on the bench, incorrect. If you think that Brown would be ahead of Agger or Skrtel or Carragher, incorrect. Hargreaves/Carrick may be able to squeeze ahead of Lucas due to Lucas' age/inexperience.

ye we know our defence and cm is solid but we're talking about getting that extra quality in attacking positions.