You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Selling Kuyt

KevieG

No. Absolutely not. Selling Kuyt would be ridiculous in my opinion.

He's the hardest working player at the club, putting in more immense shifts than even Mascherano can, and that's saying something. He is brilliant and a great example to the younger lads, and the new signings- this is the effort required to be a Liverpool player.

And let's not forget he isn't short of skill either, his crossing has improved greatly since switching to the right, and his awareness of other players is brilliant. Okay so he hasn't scored the goals but with Torres in such good form he hasn't needed to.

For every Torres and every Gerrard, you need a Dirk Kuyt.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look at wide players or right sided forwards , Kuyt is almost unique. He's very strong , quite intelligent and posses very good movement. He bullies FB and stops them getting any joy going forward. He's also got 7 assits and 3 goals in his 15 starts since moving to that position.

Agree 100% with your most accurate assesment!

Oops, repped instead of negging. Can two people neg him for me please?

Its ok, just got about 15 of the things.

I'll be bumping this when the forum have decided to destroy him for not being good enough as soon as he hits a run of bad form. He was chief scapegoat for loads of his now biggest fans 6 months back.

I stand by the view, I think if we could get our money back and put it towards some serious quality then it would be worth doing.

Its ok, just got about 15 of the things.

I'll be bumping this when the forum have decided to destroy him for not being good enough as soon as he hits a run of bad form. He was chief scapegoat for loads of his now biggest fans 6 months back.

I stand by the view, I think if we could get our money back and put it towards some serious quality then it would be worth doing.

Oh right, when he gets back into that mindset... is his other father going to die this year too?

What kind of fucking mong would decide to sell a player based on the notion that he is now showing the kind of form that would see him fetch big money? A massive mong is my guess.

Here are a few players that fetched more than what they are worth based on a good major championship preformance.

El Hadji Diouf

Karol Poborsky

John Jensen

You'd do well to wake up and think before you post.

Here are a few players that fetched more than what they are worth based on a good major championship preformance.

El Hadji Diouf

Karol Poborsky

John Jensen

You'd do well to wake up and think before you post.

But as the stats previously quoted show, he's been playing like that for the majority of the last four months. To compare him to the players above is retarded.

But as the stats previously quoted show, he's been playing like that for the majority of the last four months. To compare him to the players above is retarded.

Very, I'd say. I was being polite earlier but . . . . *shakes head til it falls off*

I like Dirk, but I don't rate him as one of our best players. Everyone has a price and mine for Dirk would be anything above what we paid for him. So, for £10m I'd let him go. Certainly, I'd prefer to sell Dirk to raise funds than Xabi. If I was in Rafa's shoes, I'd sell any or all of Dirk, Pennant, JAR, Voronin and (unfortunately) Crouch in order to bring in one impact signing like Torres (Villa, for example). We'd be a stronger team doing that deal, in my opinion.

Guest TK-421
Xabi?

BTW I wasnt against the Xabi sale if the business improved the first team, so if selling Kuyt allowed us to buy a Macinin or Villa then id be all for it

I'd rather Xabi stayed.

Anyway, it's not always as straightforward as saying "sell X for £X and buy Y for £Y", transfers don't really work like that in reality.