You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Selling Kuyt

KevieG

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting in to the Dirk arguement because I'm his biggest fan and you all know how I feel about him but Holland are just ace.

I hate Robben but he's some player, put him in our XI and we'd win the league I honestly believe that.

And on a side note Khalid Boulahrouz seems to be showing why he was a decent player before Chelsea ruined him.

Guest TK-421
It's interesting to see how the dynamics of the team changed a bit when Dirk went off. He was fucking excellent with his tireless work rate, but he doesn't have the ability to beat players with pace like Robben and Van Persie do, and I think you can see the difference.

Please, please do not jump on me and start a fucking war, it's a valid point. Dirk is a different type of player to the likes of Robben and Van Persie and I think this game in the second half has encapsulated the point that people make when they advocate the signing of attacking wide players.

No war here Brownie, only I would say that bringing van Persie on suited the circumstances of the game. As a Kuyt fan I was scratching my head but credit to Van Basten as it proved to be exactly the right thing to do. Holland have an embarrassment of riches up front and it will be no shame if Kuyt is on the bench for the next game.

No war here Brownie, only I would say that bringing van Persie on suited the circumstances of the game. As a Kuyt fan I was scratching my head but credit to Van Basten as it proved to be exactly the right thing to do. Holland have an embarrassment of riches up front and it will be no shame if Kuyt is on the bench for the next game.

I agree that it suited the game. The only point i'm making is that when people such as myself say that we need someone better than Kuyt on the right, it's examples such as tonight which help to illustrate what is meant.

Kuyt has some fine attributes and can do things that other players can't, such as work his bollocks off for 90 minutes, however he doesn't possess the ability to run past players like Robben and Van Persie do.

The game just changed in an instant once those subs were made because France suddenly couldn't stay on the front foot because they were being destroyed going the other way. I think we need someone who has the quality that the likes of Robben and Van Persie have, I think it would improve us dramatically.

To an extent we have that in Babel, but he's not yet at that level.

I agree that it suited the game. The only point i'm making is that when people such as myself say that we need someone better than Kuyt on the right, it's examples such as tonight which help to illustrate what is meant.

Kuyt has some fine attributes and can do things that other players can't, such as work his bollocks off for 90 minutes, however he doesn't possess the ability to run past players like Robben and Van Persie do.

The game just changed in an instant once those subs were made because France suddenly couldn't stay on the front foot because they were being destroyed going the other way. I think we need someone who has the quality that the likes of Robben and Van Persie have, I think it would improve us dramatically.

Totally agree, mate.

I love Dirk and still believe he has a part to play next season but I honestly think that a genuine world class presence in his position would turn us into title challengers.

I don't mean that as a slur on Dirk at all as he can still easily do a job, but we need somebody of world class ability there.

Guest TK-421

You say better, I say different. They both scored one goal in the event.

Kuyt has some fine attributes and can do things that other players can't,such as work his bollocks off for 90 minutes, however he doesn't possess the ability to run past players like Robben and Van Persie do.

I totally concede this point, although I do think Kuyt can beat a player as he put Ashley Cole on his arse and should have had the little bastard booked in the CL. He got the better of Zambrotta too, but overall I can't argue that Kuyt is more skilful than van Persie because he isn't.

That I agree with, that's why I put David Villa in place of Babel in that team line up in the other thread. But then Babel is also a good option to have for the first sub and to start games, I'm glad Rafa gave Babel a lot of games this season as it should serve him well for the future, that his how players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Pires have flourished in the English game, just my opinion.

You need balance in the team, for example Park often gets a game for Man Utd because he works extremely hard and also supports the forwards. If you have too many creative players you might lose something defensively, it depends on the circumstances of the game I guess.

You say better, I say different. They both scored one goal in the event.

I totally concede this point, although I do think Kuyt can beat a player as he put Ashley Cole on his arse and should have had the little bastard booked in the CL. He got the better of Zambrotta too, but overall I can't argue that Kuyt is more skilful than van Persie because he isn't.

That I agree with, that's why I put David Villa in place of Babel in that team line up in the other thread. But then Babel is also a good option to have for the first sub and to start games, I'm glad Rafa gave Babel a lot of games this season as it should serve him well for the future, that his how players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Pires have flourished in the English game, just my opinion.

You need balance in the team, for example Park often gets a game for Man Utd because he works extremely hard and also supports the forwards. If you have too many creative players you might lose something defensively, it depends on the circumstances of the game I guess.

If we did bring someone in and Kuyt was then seen as second choice, he would still have a major part to play still. He's a cracking player to have in the squad because he's reliable and will always give you a performance.

In those games though where were are drawing at home, he isn't necessarily the man who will break the deadlock.

It's interesting to see how the dynamics of the team changed a bit when Dirk went off. He was fucking excellent with his tireless work rate, but he doesn't have the ability to beat players with pace like Robben and Van Persie do, and I think you can see the difference.

Please, please do not jump on me and start a fucking war, it's a valid point. Dirk is a different type of player to the likes of Robben and Van Persie and I think this game in the second half has encapsulated the point that people make when they advocate the signing of attacking wide players.

Its a valid point and the contributions of Robben and vanpersie were massive however it could be argued it's not a true reflection as both players were up against tired legs. Think about Babel compared to starting and coming on after 60mins of his effect on a match.

Also Evra this season has been world class and has been a major factor in Uniteds attacking play down the left the tracking back by Kuyt and his movement limited Evras attacking play in my view and that nullified their attacking threat down the left to some extent. It was a real team effort..

Guest TK-421

In those games though where were are drawing at home, he isn't necessarily the man who will break the deadlock.

Not necessarily, but it's not beyond him i.e Inter Milan and today after nine minutes. Anyway we'll end up going around in circles, I don't think he's the best player in the world but I'm a big fan, and it's fair to say I rate him more than you do. I want us to bring someone in this summer to give Kuyt and Babel some competition, plus David Villa. That's all I ask for!

Well here we are again. Its not enough that the lad finished the season as one of our most in form players but also played in a new roll.

Did he spit the dummy out and sulk?

Did he show any less desire playing in the new roll?

No he accepted what his manager asked him to do. Why.

Because he's a true professional who plays for the team and not just his own ego.

A player who also seems to relate to the people who pay his wages. Us.

Ive said it before and will say it again.

SOME PEOPLE WILL NOT REALISE HOW VALUABLE A PLAYER HE IS UNTILL HES OUT OF THE SIDE FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME.

What with the way football has gone these days and also the shit our club has been through the last year I need good reasons for me to shell out the price of my season ticket.

Let me tell you now Dirk is one of the reasons I renewed it. A very good hard working honest footballer.

Somebody asked what if Rafa wanted to sell. Would not change my opinion one bit.

I also love Dirk. Long live the Ox.

Oi, why did you neg me for worst post so far? What, because I can see how shite he is and you can't, have some fucking neggage back!!