You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra in Oslo tonight

Meijer

Preferably CB but at the end of the day he should play where he's told to play. This is Liverpool FC not A N Other FC.

True however he's an average right back and an excellent centre back. If rafa can't be arsed to improve this position its his own fucking fault. Gerrards probably our best right back, lets play him there hey.

True however he's an average right back and an excellent centre back. If rafa can't be arsed to improve this position its his own fucking fault. Gerrards probably our best right back, lets play him there hey.

Stop it; you're being belligerent for the sake of it.

For what its worth I don't think he'll play many games at RB next season, I fully expect him to play his part in a formidable defence at CB along with Agger, Hyypia and Skrtel.

he was an average at right back in the past, but he couild quite comfortably slot in there now and do a good job if need be. don't think it will happen though unless there's an injury crisis.

i think he's done really when played there under rafa and even come up with a few assists. he was our best player against arsenal in the cl, bombing up and down the line and putting good crosses in. defensively there's not many better.

Stop it; you're being belligerent for the sake of it.

For what its worth I don't think he'll play many games at RB next season, I fully expect him to play his part in a formidable defence at CB along with Agger, Hyypia and Skrtel.

It wasn't aimed at just you. The whole Degen signig has bit irritable.

We really should be at the stage of not paying people out of their positions. All well & good if inhuries and suspensions permit to do so but last season Rafa picked Carra on a few occasions above Arbeloa and Finnan to play right side. I'm sorry but its just plaing wrong.

Put our strongest XI on paper from last season and everyone would probably agree that our fullback are the weakest positions, therfore needing the most attention. Dossena (when it happens) looks a reasonable move (jury still out defensively imo) but the right side seems to have been competely ignored.

Why might i ask was the Rafinha deal pulled at the very last minute? why settle on Degen, regardless of wht peopl'es opinions a player who has struggle to hold down a regular spot for the past two years. hardly you would have thought a player of stature for a club challenging for the best/hardest of trophies.

Why weaken a place of strength. We all kno Carra and Agger form a great partnership, likewise with Sami. JC and Srktels partnership was growing too. Why risk another new partnership in such a key positon. It simply has to be JC + another. At least for another 6-18 months while other really get used to each other.

The 'weak' areas simply have to addressed. I'm going off topic now but after the two full backs the other two weakest positions are wide attacking. Will they be addressed or will we end up buying backups fo those who are already nt yet good enough.

Always look to improve your 1st team and as a result the squad will improve too.

Where do you want him to play?

I want him to play centre half mate because although Agger and Skrtel look top young players i dont think either of them are better then Carragher yet.

The 'diddums' post was not aimed directly at Carragher but more in reference to when Bascombe when the story saying the Carragher didnt like playing on the right.

Carragher doesnt come across as the moaning to the manager type and im pretty certain he will give everything he has if he does play at right back but for me that is how it should.

Regardless to where the manager picks you you should ways give 100% and play where you were told to.

I'm sure he will play where he is told and give 100% like he always does, but playing full back isn't good for him as it will knock a couple of years off his career. He could play centre half until he was 35 no problem, but he wouldn't survive at right back til that age, that's for sure.

If he ends up playing right back next season, then Rafa needs to take a look at himself as he'll have signed four right backs, none of whom will have proved good enough to be first choice.

We'll have to see what Degen is like, but the other three he's signed have not been better than Finnan.

I'm sure he will play where he is told and give 100% like he always does, but playing full back isn't good for him as it will knock a couple of years off his career. He could play centre half until he was 35 no problem, but he wouldn't survive at right back til that age, that's for sure.

If he ends up playing right back next season, then Rafa needs to take a look at himself as he'll have signed four right backs, none of whom will have proved good enough to be first choice.

We'll have to see what Degen is like, but the other three he's signed have not been better than Finnan.

I think with Arbeloa it's more of a replacement for Finnan. He's not getting any younger and Arbeloa is a very decent replacement.

Preferably CB but at the end of the day he should play where he's told to play. This is Liverpool FC not A N Other FC.

When has he ever not played where he's been told to play? Last season when he was at right back, i'm sure he didn't enjoy it, but he was still bombing down the wing putting crosses in etc.

Players are allowed to have favourite positions, as long as they get on with their jobs.

I like Arbeloa, but he's not better than Finnan.

When has he ever not played where he's been told to play? Last season when he was at right back, i'm sure he didn't enjoy it, but he was still bombing down the wing putting crosses in etc.

Players are allowed to have favourite positions, as long as they get on with their jobs.

I like Arbeloa, but he's not better than Finnan.

We got a pretty heavy anti-Rafa article after the Sunderland game though. I don't think that was a coincidence.

I think Arbeloa can be at Finnan's level. He's better going forward and has more pace but might not be as good defensively and with his delivery. With Finnan getting older its more about finding a replacement; I think Arbeloa is a good one.