You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jill Dando murder re-trial begins

Guest PaddyBerger15

• 5 years later...

That reads more like he was saying they were the same type of bullets as the one used to shoot Dando, as opposed to they came from Liverpool criminal gangs. It’s a fucking non-story of epic proportions from the Red Echo. Stick to the BMD fantasy pieces.

On 02/04/2019 at 21:41, Bjornebye said:

Cant remember how Barry George got released as innocent for this but fucking hell he was/is a right weird bastard. 

I've seen him around town here as he lives with his sisters (or maybe step-sisters) in Ireland. He is a weird fucker but there is no way he committed that murder and that was a massive stitch-up. The only piece of evidence was a single firearm particle

He spent a few years in prison and hasn't received a penny in compensation. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Razoray said:

I've seen him around town here as he lives with his sisters (or maybe step-sisters) in Ireland. He is a weird fucker but there is no way he committed that murder and that was a massive stitch-up. The only piece of evidence was a single firearm particle

He spent a few years in prison and hasn't received a penny in compensation. 

Why has he not received compensation? Locked up for years for a crime you didn't commit and not being compensated seems outrageous.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why has he not received compensation? Locked up for years for a crime you didn't commit and not being compensated seems outrageous.

He'll end up blowing it all on weed and gas masks 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

From wiki:

On 11 May 2011, the Supreme Court defined "miscarriage of justice" as evidence "so undermined that no conviction could possibly be based upon it". This decision cleared the way for George's solicitor, Nicholas Baird, to request that the Justice Secretary Ken Clarke "consider afresh" George's claim for compensation, applying the new test set out by the Court. The claim was heard in the High Court but in their summing up, judges Lord Justice Beatson and Mr Justice Irwin said: "There was indeed a case upon which a reasonable jury properly directed could have convicted the claimant of murder" and on the strength of this, denied George compensation for wrongful incarceration.

He did win a few awards for damages again the S*# and Scum of the World but nothing for the incarceration 

On 02/04/2019 at 21:41, Bjornebye said:

Cant remember how Barry George got released as innocent for this but fucking hell he was/is a right weird bastard. 

And that's the exact reason he was roped into this in the first place by the police. I posted this in this thread back in June 2008.

I remember thinking at the time of the first guilty verdict that we hadn't seen the last of this case.

It reminds me of the Stefan Kishko case. Barry George was an easy target for the police.

It was a one of the worst fit ups I can remember. Atypical case of, they weren't bothered who was guilty, as long as someone was.

• Upvote 1