You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A few years back I went to this hardcore gig in Sheffield. I was in severe pain with gout at the ttime and knew I was pushing my luck. Anyway, stood there on one foot for about an hour, swaying this way and that to avoid flying elbows and what not, thought I was gonna make it out unscathed...when this young lass, 12 or 13, got pushed backwards into me and stood on my right big toe.

I swear that Rival Mob stopped playing when the big cunt near the back screamed out in pain at the top of my lungs, screaming like a little girl. The fucking looks I got.

Quack reckons it’s not gout if it’s not flared up in my toe or ankle.

Reckons it is Olecranon Bursitis but said the treatment would be the same either way.

Been prescribed;

14 X Clarithromycin &

112 X Naproxen.

Are either going to do anything or should I just kill myself?

An antibiotic and an anti inflammatory. Clarithromycin gave me the raging shits,dizziness and I could hardly get out of bed when on it either. I find Ibuprofen better than naproxen.

I got my first bout of this bastard last November.

It was hands down the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced and I've had several major surgeries down the years.

I was literally bed ridden for a week. A solid 9/10 pain but CONSTANT there is just no off switch like with anything else like a broken leg or whatever.

I know a woman with 3 kids who suffers from it and she says she'd rather have a fourth lid than ever get it again! Ha

Anyway, I've been on a low purine diet since Christmas, I'm veggie thro ugh the week and I'm on Allopurinol 200mg a day for life.

But I've still had 2 outbreaks.

It's so fucking infuriating.

Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Actually, that's bollocks, I'd give it to all my enemies. The cunts.

• Upvote 1

FYI Colchicine is the ONLY thing that works. It's basically poison and you take it every two hours until you either shit yourself, throw up or get pain relief.

It's unpleasant but brilliant stuff. Clears up a attack in 12 or so hours.

I always have some in the cupboard now. Suggests you all do the same!

• 9 months later...

Bastard.

Had first experience last year at about same time in similarly hot weather.

Flared up in my right big toe a few days ago. Just about getting over that, but I can feel it coming in my left big toe now, I fear.

For the record: I have a family history of kidney stones on the female side. While I drink too much myself. And don't take to heat. I haven't yet experienced it in Ireland / Britain. Or when I stick to cider. But it's relatively early days...

Oh, and I'm a long-time vegetarian, for what that's worth.

Yeah i had it when in hospital in my big toe the other year.

Only had it a couple of weeks and looks like it was mostly due to being long term bed bound. Fuck me it was awful. Anyone suffering from that has my sympathies 

Yeah i had it when in hospital in my big toe the other year.

Only had it a couple of weeks and looks like it was mostly due to being long term bed bound. Fuck me it was awful. Anyone suffering from that has my sympathies