You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garry Barry

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

We should have an option #2 rather than just chasing Barry in what could be a repeat of the Heinze farce. There should be a 'fuck it, let's move on' point rather than returning time and again. If he was the dogs bollix it might be worth some perseverance.

It's maybe now up to Barry to hand in a transfer request and force the issue if he really wishes to join us.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think carson plus money is the way to go.

I think Barry is a good player and I think he would probably blend well with masch and gerrard in front but I have to admit O'neil is starting to take the piss asking for 18- 20 million.

Like mentioned by others it isnt helped that all our transfers seem to be dragged out for ages through the press.

Again I am repeating myself and others but the top wide player is more of a priority and I do worry that Rafa's failure to sort this out may be to his detriment as I think a trophyless season next year will cost him his job.

Who would make the biggest difference to the team if you imagine Alonso was still being sold.

Barry and Milner or signing David Villa and either playing Lucas in midfield or dropping Gerrard back into centre.

That would make a fucking great thread that

Where´s RIS when you need him

Fuck it off at that price, come back in a year and offer them £5 million when he only has a year left on his contract.

You know its a fucked up day on this site when we agree but Im afraid I have to agree with you on this.

Unfortunately as posted earlier we cant keep Xabi now so id look at someone like Stankovic or Albelda who could easily do a great job and cost next to nothing.

Weird question. David Villa would make a difference to every team everywhere but as it looks now he's out of our reach. Barry would also change our specific play a lot, but not so much Chelsea's or Man Utd's.

Its Irrelevant anyway but Villa´s price is 25m if you believe the reports so we could put the money into Villa if Rafa wanted to.

I think we´ve had enough to those arguments and the other RIS thread shows up peoples views about it

I've got nothing against bringing Barry in as xabi's replacement even though I'd rather xabi stayed, but if we sell alonso for 15 million and buy Barry for anything more than that we'll have been completely fucking mugged, and the fact that we've now more or less made it impossible for xabi to return I can see us getting desperate and paying over the odds

Who would make the biggest difference to the team if you imagine Alonso was still being sold.

Barry and Milner or signing David Villa and either playing Lucas in midfield or dropping Gerrard back into centre.

Selling Alonso, buying an attacking midfielder and then moving our best attacking midfielder from last season into a more defense minded position doesn't improve our attacking options.

Frankly, we put ourselves over a barrel for Villa to spank us on this whole affair.

Trying to offload Alonso before buying Barry sums it up. We've now got to pay over the odds for him (£15m - £18m? Do me a favour) while Alonso would probably reject any overture to keep him cos he knows he's on borrowed time.

I've got nothing against bringing Barry in as xabi's replacement even though I'd rather xabi stayed, but if we sell alonso for 15 million and buy Barry for anything more than that we'll have been completely fucking mugged, and the fact that we've now more or less made it impossible for xabi to return I can see us getting desperate and paying over the odds

Exactly. Villa will dig their heels in knowing that we are desperate and we will end up paying over the top and will eat into the remainder of our budget set aside for other players.

Frankly, we put ourselves over a barrel for Villa to spank us on this whole affair.

Trying to offload Alonso before buying Barry sums it up. We've now got to pay over the odds for him (£15m - £18m? Do me a favour) while Alonso would probably reject any overture to keep him cos he knows he's on borrowed time.

Exactly, if we end up paying through the nose for Barry I'll be seriously pissed off as the main reason i could see sense in doing the deal was getting the extra few million from the alonso deal to spend on other areas of the team

Guest TK-421
Maybe but we have thrown all our eggs in one basket just as we did with Heinze last sumer.

Yeah but that involved a hearing and all sorts of legal shenanigans and we left it until the end, it's only June. I'm sure we'll have other options but it looks like Rafa is very determined, and the player wants to join us.

Maybe but we have thrown all our eggs in one basket just as we did with Heinze last sumer.

Hahaha have we fuck. It's not like the transfer window is going to close tomorrow is it? Fucking stupid comment, consider yourself negged (this normally might not merit a neg, but I'm in negging mood).

Hahaha have we fuck. It's not like the transfer window is going to close tomorrow is it? Fucking stupid comment, consider yourself negged (this normally might not merit a neg, but I'm in negging mood).

Well what are our other alternatives ? Remember that we need to sign a Central midfielder who is preferably English as next season CL teams must have 8 homegrown players.

Well what are our other alternatives ? Remember that we need to sign a Central midfielder who is preferably English as next season CL teams must have 8 homegrown players.

Fucking hell, that comment is so fucking thick I am finding it hard to respond. You can't have it both ways.

Let me get this right, you are implying that he is the right player to go for, but we shouldn't have gone for him, because that is putting all our eggs in one basket?

Or what? I don't get it.

Fucking hell, that comment is so fucking thick I am finding it hard to respond. You can't have it both ways.

Let me get this right, you are implying that he is the right player to go for, but we shouldn't have gone for him, because that is putting all our eggs in one basket?

Or what? I don't get it.

No Im saying that we shouldn't be negotiating to sell Alonso when we aren't that far advanced with any deal for Barry. We will end up paying OTT for Barry and will end up eating up the remainder of our budget set aside for other players.