You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garry Barry

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently our wage structure is quite low compared to the other top clubs, so talk of bringing in 1 or 2 big names for big fees is pie in the sky stuff as the wages alone would eat up most of our budget.

we're looking at next summer now before we can add another torres and offer him a mega package.

what does it matter if barry costs more than what we get for alonso as long as rafa gets the player he wants?

we're not accountants, and the transfer market is not an exact science. it's all about demand and what a club is prepared to pay.

if the specualtion is true obviously. might just be a lot of bluster about nothing and we get him for 14 million.

Given it looks like Rafa is on a pretty tight budget an extra £4-5 million could be a huge difference. I think the idea was to replace Alonso with Barry without spending anything now it looks like Villa want an extra £5 million on what we'll get for Alonso.

If they continue to be stubborn and Rafa thinks we can do better than Alonso in that position you also have to start asking yourself what other players could we sign for £15 million that could replace Alonso and may possibly do a better job than Barry.

Given it looks like Rafa is on a pretty tight budget an extra £4-5 million could be a huge difference. I think the idea was to replace Alonso with Barry without spending anything now it looks like Villa want an extra £5 million on what we'll get for Alonso.

If they continue to be stubborn and Rafa thinks we can do better than Alonso in that position you also have to start asking yourself what other players could we sign for £15 million that could replace Alonso and may possibly do a better job than Barry.

bingo-pic2.gif

First things first we cant keep Alonso as Rafa has made it clear that he doesnt want him and he has made it clear that he will joine Juve if a deal can be worked out even if he secretly wants a move back to Spain. It would be the same as Villa Keeping Barry not a very motivated player and you have the Pako/Alosnso thing in the background as well.

Now look at fucked up club and tell me how the magical 4 actually agree on what to pay for Barry, my view is you have Hicks and Rafa in one corner and Gillett and Parry in the other, If it was down to Hicks then Rafa would get his man but Gillet is probably saying no fucking way because we expected to make a profit on this deal. Now how do you get those 4 to agree should be quite interesting and just highlights some of the problem the club is probably having behind the scenes at the present time

Now look at fucked up club and tell me how the magical 4 actually agree on what to pay for Barry, my view is you have Hicks and Rafa in one corner and Gillett and Parry in the other, If it was down to Hicks then Rafa would get his man but Gillet is probably saying no fucking way because we expected to make a profit on this deal. Now how do you get those 4 to agree should be quite interesting and just highlights some of the problem the club is probably having behind the scenes at the present time

made up lunacy.

if alonso is 'miles ahead' of barry, whatever that means, why is there not a stream of clubs desperate to sign him up, at what is a fair price for a supposed world class player?

Barry isn't world class, if he was, would he not also have a "stream of clubs" desperate to sign him?

And last time I checked, Juventus are hardly Aston Villa are they?

Oh, and Hi Momo

TLW wouldn't be the same without Momo not even trying to hide himself after 5 posts.

He's been posting as others too. He always does it, has one where he goes in at the deepend and then a couple of back ups where he posts sparingly so he can use them when he's banned.

some fucked up simplistic logic you're applying here, lad. no wonder SOS are struggling.

Funny that, as I have had little to do with them for a while

You fucking spunkbucket