You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garry Barry

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Rafa but sometimes you wana give him a slap, we dont need Barry especially at £15m, we need a winger or go for Villa and put gerrard back wide. This is getting ridiculous Rafa was only saying 2 days ago we have the spine its other areas we need. Tell o'niell to fuck off our final offer should have been Carson and £6m, thats it!

I like Rafa but sometimes you wana give him a slap, we dont need Barry especially at £15m, we need a winger or go for Villa and put gerrard back wide. This is getting ridiculous Rafa was only saying 2 days ago we have the spine its other areas we need. Tell o'niell to fuck off our final offer should have been Carson and £6m, thats it!

I don't understand this mentality. Villa will NOT do better than Gerrard behind Torres. No one can really improve upon that.

If Villa was signed it'll be for those forward positions. If he isn't going to play those forward positions then he should not be signed.

Im keen on the signing of Barry, but not if it means yet another English club taking the piss out off us when it comes to transfer fees. Crouch 7mill (he wasnt worth nearly that much at the time) Pennant 7mill (from a team just relegated) Yossi 6mill (a year left on his contract). Im sick of teams taking us up the fucking shitbox with transfer fees. No way Barry is worth more than we will sell Xabi for, no fucking way. Tell them to fuck off if they start asking stupid money for a player with a year left on his contract. Save the cash and get one quality attacking midfielder.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

We are talking about a player who nearly signed for Portsmouth for £5 million last year.

Honest to fucking christ, I can't see what the fascination is, and I think we have a few Rafa apologists on here who are making Barry out to be in a class of player that, in my opinion, is nowhere near.

I think that if it was United or Chelsea considering lashing £18 million in Barry, we would all be laughing our tits off.

Even taking into consideration Alonso's patchy form, he's miles ahead of Barry.

Also, even if Alonso was gash or wanted to move, I would expect alot more for £15 million + than Gareth Barry.

Im keen on the signing of Barry, but not if it means yet another English club taking the piss out off us when it comes to transfer fees. Crouch 7mill (he wasnt worth nearly that much at the time) Pennant 7mill (from a team just relegated) Yossi 6mill (a year left on his contract). Im sick of teams taking us up the fucking shitbox with transfer fees. No way Barry is worth more than we will sell Xabi for, no fucking way. Tell them to fuck off if they start asking stupid money for a player with a year left on his contract. Save the cash and get one quality attacking midfielder.

Mate, Crouch was a seven million pound fucking bargain!

We are talking about a player who nearly signed for Portsmouth for £5 million last year.

Honest to fucking christ, I can't see what the fascination is, and I think we have a few Rafa apologists on here who are making Barry out to be in a class of player that, in my opinion, is nowhere near.

I think that if it was United or Chelsea considering lashing £18 million in Barry, we would all be laughing our tits off.

Even taking into consideration Alonso's patchy form, he's miles ahead of Barry.

Also, even if Alonso was gash or wanted to move, I would expect alot more for £15 million + than Gareth Barry.

If I could agree any more then my head would explode.

i think we're basically offering what we're getting for Alonso which is £14m but I reckon Juve will want to pay some of that in clauses and therefore we want to pay some of Barry in clauses amd that is the sticking point, unless O'Neill reckons we will go higher

"I think that if it was United or Chelsea considering lashing £18 million in Barry, we would all be laughing our tits off."

in fairness i was scratching my head when Manure bought only Carrick in 2006 for £18m after finishing only 1 point ahead of us, everyone said Xabi's the better player but they've won 2 leagues since so i guess they viewed it as a great deal

Mate, Crouch was a seven million pound fucking bargain!

He has proven to be Tom ye, but at the time of his signing how many of us thought that we had been ripped off by a smaller English team, yet again? I know i did. 7million for a player who had one England cap, who had arguably only had 6months of good form in the premiership, and with a team who'd just been relegated. We all thought we'd been shafted big time on the price. Crouchie has proven well worth his price tag, but i think at the time it was definately another case of us being dry bum raped with transfer fees.

People wonder why clubs shop abroad. The price for English players is so over inflated its unbelievable.

Anyone know exactly why the fuck we are binning the big fella off?

Because he cannot operate in our formation, he's slower than Sami, he has less strength than Yossi, more attitude than Pennant, less motivational drive than Anelka...

Need I go on? Having talent and skill does not a good footballer make.

in fairness i was scratching my head when Manure bought only Carrick in 2006 for £18m after finishing only 1 point ahead of us, everyone said Xabi's the better player but they've won 2 leagues since so i guess they viewed it as a great deal

Carrick obviously played his part but they won the title because of offensive players which is exactly what we need this summer.

I didn't mind Barry's arrival since he is more than a decent midfield player but considering we have to money to spend, I can't understand why we are looking to spend £18m on him.

I would rather keep Alonso and look to strengthen the other areas that are in need of improvement.

Again Mr Ross spot on!

Anyone know exactly why the fuck we are binning the big fella off?

Oh yeah, cos he doesn't work haaaaaaaard, does he Rafa? (You daft little fuck!!)

(Can of worms opened again!)

How do you know his name is Mr Ross? Why are you calling our manager a daft little fuck?