You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garry Barry

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

If the whole forum where one someone elses back like they are with Rashid, my guess is that this person would repeat himself rather often as well in defense of his own opinions.

If people could take the opinions for what they are instead of making things so personal all the time a lot of the repetitive posts would be avoided.

But when 100 people are having one opinion and 6-7 others are having another one those in the minority will have to back their cause a bit more than those in the majority, its pretty simple is it not?

all these quotes are from the last couple of days alone and some i haven't posted as they are just 2-3 word digs which don't make sense out of context.

(you think that's maybe a little more than necessary?)

I am so excited, can't wait.

Apparantly Barry hasn't travelled to Spain with the Villa squad. SSN "Understands" he will sign for us by the end of the week.

Imimiminiminiminiminiment

I can't wait.

Re: Alonso or Barry?

It's been ignored on the main Barry thread, but Barry's been left behind from Villas trip to spain.

That's because half the fans don't care whether he signs or not.

Young is a top player.... he would be perfect for our left hand side ahead Barry.

Arsenal have their own Poll. Maybe some of our guys could go there and vote for Barry to make him look a bit better?

- Home - POLL - Should Arsene Wenger target Xabi Alonso?...

So we buy Barry who is known for his mobility?

United needed Carrick as Keane left and all they had left was Fletcher with Scholes out with a long term eye injury. We have 3 CM's better than Barry here already.

It is only tight cos Rafa wants him. If we did a vote back in January before the rumours, 90% would choose Alonso. You could call this the sheep vote.

Barry is a risk we don't have to take though...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about Barry, this just made my day.

Also from Shankslegend on RAWK.

"Also just like I said with Yossi, Xabi stays......." :thumbsup:

I do not know who Shankslegend or how reliable he is ,given that transfers situations can change in a minute, but this is great great news.

I'd call this , if we can also keep Finnan, the best tranfer summer since we got Houghton,Beardsly and Barnes. It really is up there.

Lucas - Anderson- Mikel

Xabi - Scholes- Ballack

Mascherano- Hargreaves- Makelele

Barry-Carrick-Lampard

Our 4 , not including our best player who can play their to devastating effect, is a match and arguably better than any of our rivals for the title. Our front 4 likewise.

The league is coming home.

I do not know who Shankslegend or how reliable he is ,given that transfers situations can change in a minute, but this is great great news.

I'd call this , if we can also keep Finnan, the best tranfer summer since we got Houghton,Beardsly and Barnes. It really is up there.

Lucas - Anderson- Mikel

Xabi - Scholes- Ballack

Mascherano- Hargreaves- Makelele

Barry-Carrick-Lampard

Our 4 , not including our best player who can play their to devastating effect, is a match and arguably better than any of our rivals for the title. Our front 4 likewise.

The league is coming home.

He's at PSG now. And you missed out Essien, although I take your general point. We've got a hell of a central midfield.

Gareth Barry unhappy at delay over Liverpool switch

James Ducker

Gareth Barry would consider pulling the plug on his prospective move to Liverpool from Aston Villa if the transfer is not resolved come the start of the Barclays Premier League season in eight days' time.

Barry is eager to join Liverpool, but the England midfield player is becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of time the deal is taking, after Villa paved the way for the move last weekend, and he is not willing to wait much longer

Gareth Barry unhappy at delay over Liverpool switch | Aston Villa - Times Online

I don't look like a prick about Crouch at all, I said he wasn't good enough long term for us and I have been proved right. I think Barry is good enough for us, but we have better here already and he would be 4th best CM at the club at £18m - what a waste. See I managed to do that without acting hard beacuse we all know you're a fanny deep down don't we?

Bollocks, you called him a freak and you have been proved to be wrong than a extremely wrong thing.

I can't believe you are claiming you've been proved right about Crouch. This takes the entire biscuit-making industry and it's supporting businesses.

Gareth Barry unhappy at delay over Liverpool switch

James Ducker

Gareth Barry would consider pulling the plug on his prospective move to Liverpool from Aston Villa if the transfer is not resolved come the start of the Barclays Premier League season in eight days' time.

Barry is eager to join Liverpool, but the England midfield player is becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of time the deal is taking, after Villa paved the way for the move last weekend, and he is not willing to wait much longer

Gareth Barry unhappy at delay over Liverpool switch | Aston Villa - Times Online

Complete and utter lack of quotes, source or anything.

Mascherano

Alonso

Lucas

Gerrard

Plessis

(Spearing if needed)...at home for the bulk of Prem games, we will only need one unless he goes 442 and then it can be one DM and Gerrard.

Aurelio

Dossers

Insua

Don't need to mention left half as he won't be playing there.

Let it go now, RB.

Let it go.

If we get enough cash together for one more player this summer, I want us to further strengthen the attacking third and it would make sense to move on Pennant, The Wolf, Itandje to support the fee.

I wish this whole saga would just sort itself out once and for all. I've never been as bored with a proposed transfer as I have with this one and honestly don't care any more if he comes or not.

3 fucking months now and still not much going on.

Here Here

Another nothing article that looks like it has been made up.

Gareth Barry transfer hits new snag as Liverpool run out of money

By David Maddock 8/08/2008

Gareth Barry

Gareth Barry (Pic:Getty Images)

Gareth Barry's move to Liverpool is in fresh doubt as the club's owners have failed to put the money in place to complete the deal.

American tycoons George Gillett and Tom Hicks had confirmed they would underwrite the £18million transfer for the Aston Villa skipper, allowing manager Rafael Benitez to sign Barry by the end of this week without first selling players.

But the money has not arrived, prompting fresh speculation about their commitment to the club.

Benitez is still keen to do the deal because he wants Barry at Anfield in time for the start of the season, and will not give up hope of securing the money needed.

He is hoping Villa will agree a deal to take Steve Finnan in part-exchange for Barry, meaning he will need to raise around £6.5m from the sale of players.

I really hate David Maddock; knows nothing, for a so-called LFC expert and adjusts his tone depending on whether we're doing well at the time of writing or not...if we've been beaten, puts the boot in. Doing well and its all titles and trophies.

No perspective or pattern of sourcing.

"But the money has not arrived" - Ooooh, hasn't it dear.

Well how the fuck do YOU know?

Another nothing article that looks like it has been made up.

Gareth Barry transfer hits new snag as Liverpool run out of money

By David Maddock 8/08/2008

Gareth Barry

Gareth Barry (Pic:Getty Images)

Gareth Barry's move to Liverpool is in fresh doubt as the club's owners have failed to put the money in place to complete the deal.

American tycoons George Gillett and Tom Hicks had confirmed they would underwrite the £18million transfer for the Aston Villa skipper, allowing manager Rafael Benitez to sign Barry by the end of this week without first selling players.

But the money has not arrived, prompting fresh speculation about their commitment to the club.

Benitez is still keen to do the deal because he wants Barry at Anfield in time for the start of the season, and will not give up hope of securing the money needed.

He is hoping Villa will agree a deal to take Steve Finnan in part-exchange for Barry, meaning he will need to raise around £6.5m from the sale of players.

You can't argue with that. All those quotes and sources and that.

If the whole forum where one someone elses back like they are with Rashid, my guess is that this person would repeat himself rather often as well in defense of his own opinions.

If people could take the opinions for what they are instead of making things so personal all the time a lot of the repetitive posts would be avoided.

But when 100 people are having one opinion and 6-7 others are having another one those in the minority will have to back their cause a bit more than those in the majority, its pretty simple is it not?

No-one is debating whether Rashid has the right to have his own opinion. Whether or not a particular poster agrees with it is almost irrelevant, the problems that most people have and always will have is that he:

a) Repeats the same things over and over again.

b) Says things that he has made up and states them as fact.

c) Has claimed in the past that people are racially prejudiced against him when they actually just didn't agree with his viewpoints.

d) Makes bold claims and then ignores any posts by people who make valid points against them.

As Rashid himself said yesterday, his viewpoint is that if you have an outspoken opinion and keep it to yourself then that's ok, but if you voice it then you have to expect repercussions. The logical repercussion on an internet forum is that people will want to debate that viewpoint with you, since that is the whole point of a forum, yet somehow people who chose to do so get castigated for it.

Rashid knows why people get riled because it's been voiced to him over and over again. Since he carries on with it one can only assume that he either loves the attention or has nothing better to do. It's a shame because he does make good points sometimes, but he's very abraisive and that's why people lose their rag with him and the good points he makes often get lost in a sea of drivel which he posts to back them up.

Now, back to Gazbaz.

from Tony Barrett in todays echo

LIVERPOOL'S move for Gareth Barry was today in major doubt with Tom Hicks and George Gillett still to give the proposed deal the go-ahead.

Rafa Benitez had hoped Barry would already be a Liverpool player by now after Aston Villa gave the Reds the nod to bring the long running saga to an end last Saturday, when Martin O'Neill said he would no longer stand in the way of a deal.

But six days later the transfer is still to be done, leaving Barry in limbo and Benitez furious at the lack of progress.

It now seems increasingly likely that Hicks and Gillett will refuse to back their manager's judgement on this occasion, and the chances of the proposed £18m transfer taking place are receding by the hour.

Benitez identified the 27-year-old England man as a key signing for this summer and was even willing to sacrifice Xabi Alonso to get the deal done.

But, after months of haggling with Villa, Liverpool are still no nearer to concluding the transfer and Benitez is becoming increasingly resigned to the belief that Barry is unlikely to join the club during this transfer window.

The ECHO understands that Liverpool's American owners have major concerns about how much value the signing of Barry would give the Reds.

A proposed four-year contract would take Barry to 31 years old and Hicks and Gillett doubt he would have a significant sell-on value at that stage of his career.

They also believe the figure Villa are demanding for the England man is inflated and do not want to be held to ransom, particularly with Liverpool able to call on the services of Steven Gerrard, Javier Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Damien Plessis and Lucas in central midfield.

But Benitez remains adamant that Barry would improve his squad and believes that even at a cost of £18m the deal is still worth doing as he can play in several positions and would bring vast experience of the Premiership and English football in general.

After working so hard to get a deal in place, Benitez will be devastated if it is called off at the eleventh hour, and would inevitably demand answers from Hicks and Gillett.

The situation is made even more delicate by the fact that Liverpool's pursuit of Barry has been so public and a withdrawal from the proposed transfer at such a late stage would cause severe embarrassment.

Villa had finally agreed to do business and, with Barry desperate to move to Anfield, Benitez had hoped the deal was a formality.He will not take kindly to the club failing to bring in another of his top targets.

Its non of their fuckin business team affairs so why the fuck are they questioning the value he would give reds? also so what if his sell on value is down after four years it just goes to show them cunts couldn't give a fuck about our pursuit for honours, which is what a stronger squad would help us do, i'm disgusted

from Tony Barrett in todays echo

They also believe the figure Villa are demanding for the England man is inflated and do not want to be held to ransom, particularly with Liverpool able to call on the services of Steven Gerrard, Javier Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Damien Plessis and Lucas in central midfield.

Its non of their fuckin business team affairs so why the fuck are they questioning the value he would give reds? also so what if his sell on value is down after four years it just goes to show them cunts couldn't give a fuck about our pursuit for honours, which is what a stronger squad would help us do, i'm disgusted

They have a point IMO. I think you would too would have a point if THEY were the only ones questioning the merits of siging Barry but there are many on here that have raised the same questions and concerns.

Personally, I would not be disappointed if we kept Xabi and then go and get Barry next year at half the price.

5 centre midfielders isn't a lot especially when one is reserved for a more advanced role & 2 are just breaking through. united & chelsea have more at their disposal. I would hope xabi stays and we have both as i think we NEED both. xabi needs to step his game up though which I'm sure he is capable of.

5 centre midfielders isn't a lot especially when one is reserved for a more advanced role & 2 are just breaking through. united & chelsea have more at their disposal. I would hope xabi stays and we have both as i think we NEED both. xabi needs to step his game up though which I'm sure he is capable of.

Which to be fair he seems to have done in the pre season games so far...