You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dossena is a red

Mikey Boy

I will be surprised if Dossena doesn't improve us at left back. He is an attacking left back and he looks quite fast. He is also quite big and strong, so I don't think he will be muscled out of it much. By all accounts he has improved quite dramatically over the past year, so if he carries on with that he will be an excellent signing. If he sort of stays around about the level he's at now, he will still be better than what we have, and his forte is getting forward. This will help Babel or whoever is on the left. Good signing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dossena is quite clearly the best left back ever to play the game, bar none.

He is.

I also heard that he is willing to change his name in order to please some of the hard core liverpool fans who is renowed for their knowlegde of the game.

Next year he`ll be known as Dozzena. He was considering Quozzena, but opted out as that would be too much for fans in St.Alban.

Luca Toni, Andrea Pirlo, Grosso, Cameronesi etc. to name a few

All Italian, all didn't make the break through for their country until their mid to late twenties.

Italy is renowned for late developers.

Di Natale is the latest. We should sign him.

I reckon we might buy another Italian now we have Dossers.

Aquilani anyone?

Would say De Rossi if we didn't own every other central midfielder in the cocking solar system.

Wouldn't mind that mad cunt Cassano either.

Aquilani would play... where? He'd be a stellar replacement for Xabi if he translated to the English game. However, if we are to sign Barry then Aquilani wouldn't make sense.

We could use someone like Ricardo Montolivo, though. He'd be a great signing.

From an Inter Milan fan.

Guys Dossena is a very good player, I reckon he's been the second best left full-back of this serie A season, Vargas being the absolute number one. He's very good at positioning, going forward and getting himself in dangerous positions. Moreover he has a great left foot that allows him to deliver good crosses and make long throws from the defense or half field to set up the forwards for scoring. He has collected a cap for the italian national team (Italy-South Africa, October 2007) and he crossed the ball that Lucarelli headed in. He's not part of the Euro 2008 squad just 'cause our coach wanted to reward the players who helped him qualifying to the competition (Grosso, Zambrotta and so on). At Udinese he has always played in 3-4-3 formation but he can play also in a 4-4-2. I think that he's a good sign for Liverpool, I hope that he will settle down well in England.

Just a few formalities last i heard.

By all accounts the medical went well but due to his impending marriage he was not going to hang about whilst a deal was thrashed out.

Udinese were wanting more of the fee upfront was the last thing i heard which was holding up the deal but Liverpool were confident of completing the deal.

have we officially signed him yet?

Why has there not been an announcement on the official site it thought it was meant to be wrapped up last week.

Tom calls George: George, we have to finalise that contract for that Dossena chap.

George: I'm not talking to you Tom, you fat whopper

Tom: Ok.

George calls Tom: Tom, we have to finalise that contract for that Dossena chap.

Tom: I'm not talking to you George, you little midget.

George: Ok.

Rafa calls Parry: *Hi, this is Rick Parry. I'm sorry my phone is switched off at the moment. I'm sorry to say you can't leave a message either*

Moores gives an interview: It is heartbreaking that we can't sign that Dossena lad.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Waiting for his honeymoon to end is a wise decision. That signals the first day of a new life for him. Given the incidents some of our players have had in the past involving ironing boards, I say we wait a couple of weeks to see if he's ready for his new life as a moth-eaten husband. No use signing him if he's out for five months with a slipped disk after slipping cleaning the shower.

Aye, plus his blow job ration will have been immediately terminated as of Saturday, so he might not be in such a good frame of mind in 2 or 3 weeks time. Best wait and see first.

Luca Toni, Andrea Pirlo, Grosso, Cameronesi etc. to name a few

All Italian, all didn't make the break through for their country until their mid to late twenties.

Italy is renowned for late developers.

They probably didn't make the breakthrough as the Italian National side tend to have a higher average age than most other teams. Possibly because their game is slower thus giving them alonger shelf life. Does no favours to younger ones mind.

He is.

I also heard that he is willing to change his name in order to please some of the hard core liverpool fans who is renowed for their knowlegde of the game.

Next year he`ll be known as Dozzena. He was considering Quozzena, but opted out as that would be too much for fans in St.Alban.

l heard that too....Dosser Hughes or something like....