You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 years on

Kevin D

Have you made peace with Houllier? I recall the animosity towards GED in that final year was at extremely high levels and in particular this site had constant digs at him.

I try to remember those years with a fondness , that great week. That great european final and that great Fa cup final.

My question is now that we've had time to reflect how do you remember the GED years?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you made peace with Houllier? I recall the animosity towards GED in that final year was at extremely high levels and in particular this site had constant digs at him.

I try to remember those years with a fondness , that great week. That great european final and that great Fa cup final.

My question is now that we've had time to reflect how do you remember the GED years?

Not a chance.

Never had a problem with houllier. I think he turned us around and stopped us sliding into obscurity. Some of his players let him down in that last season and he did make some mistakes in the transfer market (but then so to have every other manager).

It was basically Houllier's team that won the CL. He won us 4 major trophies and always played his strongest team which I always prefer.

Guest PaddyBerger15

I'm delighted that he spent the half time interval in the Marseille game checking whether it was or wasn't a penalty rather than being in the dressing room to give a tactical team talk, just to save his own ego and reputation. Unfortunately, things like that will be the abiding memory of the last 2 seasons of his reign.

He deserves a lot of credit for putting Liverpool back on the footballing map, he gave us some great times and made us proud, there isn't any animosity felt towards him, but by the end he became a man consumed by paranoia and his own ego and he didn't leave one day too soon.

Ruined all his work in two years. I don't have any real animosity towards him really but I just feel indifferent towards him now. I actually have said on here before that I was wanting us to lose games in 03-04 as I didn't trust the men at the top to get rid and I was scared they would keep him in a job for getting 4th. Luckily I was wrong. As much as Rafa fucks me off at times he is A HUNDRED times a better manager than Houllier.

If he had stayed for 04-05 my football watching that season would have been taking place at the Deva Stadium and someone famous on here can quote me on that ifthey remember me saying it at the end of 03-04..

I never had a problem with him really. I know some stuff went on and I was glad when he left but I have absolutely never felt hatred towards him.

Exactly how i feel. I think that on the whole he did quite well for us. It was an excruciatingly long goodbye but for that i would blame Moores and Parry, not Houllier

I was slightly saddened when he left even though I realised about a season before it was time he moved on. Now I am delighted he left, we have Rafa.

Earlier today on .tv I saw the line up for Rafa's first home game against Man City, it really makes me appreciate how far we have come and how much stronger this league is.

I never had a problem with him really. I know some stuff went on and I was glad when he left but I have absolutely never felt hatred towards him.

Yeah, agree with that. The days in Dortmund and Cardiff were brilliant and because of that I'm grateful to Ged. It went tits up and the illness and later parnoia consumed him and that's sad. He went at the right time, if not possibly a season too late.

I'll give you the Moores thing Paul, but how can anybody not have a problem with a man who raped the club of serious money with signings via Willie McKay.

I believe it was a triumvirate of Houllier his Brother in Law and Mckay.

I believe Rafa's first phone call to Houllier's brother in Law is the stuff of legend. Bascombe wrote an article on it in Blood Red a few years ago.

I believe it was a triumvirate of Houllier his Brother in Law and Mckay.

I believe Rafa's first phone call to Houllier's brother in Law is the stuff of legend. Bascombe wrote an article on it in Blood Red a few years ago.

Link please, would love to read that again :D