You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ocarina of time

woodylfc

Browsing through the Wii store last nite and noticed this is now available for download. To my shame I have never played it but hear its one of the best games over, being rated 10/10 on gamespot.com

Is it worth playing now or will it be too dated. Also available is wonderboy in monsterworld which I remember as being class but worried playing it again may destroy my memories of it

• 6 years later...

This game is just sheer fucking genius. It can be hard if you're not used to puzzle solving, or generic games of late, but it's just......I don't know, is sublime the right word? I've had to check online several times for help after getting it on the 3DS because I was rushing through the game and impatient (wanted to play as grown up Link mainly. Link actually grows as the game goes on.) and also a bit thick at the time, but I managed to get through the water temple without checking for help, so have salvaged some self respect (took hours to get through it though.) Anyway, to think that this game is so old is just mind boggling. It is a classic, without any doubt whatsoever.

Am planning on getting a Wii purely for Twilight Princess next.

Majora's Mask is coming out on the 3DS in spring as well, that's another quality Zelda game in the series.

Yeah have linked a trailer in the upcoming games thread not long back for it, should be getting that eventually as well. Have got a Wii ordered in the meantime with Twilight Princess too, really want to play one of the more recent games to see how good it is. Skyward Sword should also be after that.

Link's Awakening on the Game Boy was one of the first ever rpg's I spent ages playing and got kind of obsessed with, and it was probably what got me into rpg games in general, just a bit surprised that it's taken this long to get back into playing the series. It'll be hard to resist saving up for a Wii U in the near future too if that next game is as good as it looks.