You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genesis

windass

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Seen this mob a few times back in the day.

Nice that Phil's son is involved but it is a real shame what happened between the band and Chester Thompson.

Phil and Chester playing together -- shooooo.

Phil and Bill Bruford on dual kits in 1976 wasn't too shabby either.

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Seen this mob a few times back in the day.

Nice that Phil's son is involved but it is a real shame what happened between the band and Chester Thompson.

Phil and Chester playing together -- shooooo.

Just shows how out of touch I am. I was thinking, "Where's Chester Thompson? How come Dazza is there but no Chezza?" You've educated me. Sad indeed. Nick Collins was absolutely brilliant, mind.

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

That’s a funny sounding drum kit!

Top comedy. Ace.

Seen the reviews for the gigs have been good. Not a big fan of the Collins led era. It’s all Tony Banks’ fault. Hate his face. He just looks dead fucking smug, like he’s hand built a rocket with one hand tied behind his back.  And for how he treated Gabriel when his kid was ill and wanted to focus on that instead of the band. Understand his reasons for wanting to carry on but he’s shown that same attitude to his actions as he did back then, and has shown no remorse (not that I’ve seen) since.

Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is my favourite album, but Selling England By The Pound and Foxtrot have some bangers on there. “Get ‘Em Out by Friday” is my favourite track. 

I used to like ‘Brazil’ as well. It’s a strange story, but the reason for that could one day go in a drugs thread. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I honestly thought he was on his last legs, Barbara. 

You just knew that would bring a thunder-rep didn't you. If I could grant extra points you know I would. One small mark withheld for the typo. 

Bless Barbra. After Streisand, you see. 

Mea culpa, Barbra, and Roger. The sound of you making meowing noises, and the instant recall of my reaction on originally seeing the pic - the connection was made and thought I'd bring you a happy memory.

P.S. it was Liz's birthday yesterday, just in case you're out of touch on that score, too.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 23/09/2021 at 23:12, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Wait, what???

No word of a lie, I've been to see comedians, comedy shows, plays, been the match hundreds of times, but never been to a gig. I'm not enough of a fan of any particular artist or band to justify going. I'd be taking the place of somebody who would really love to be there.

13 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

No word of a lie, I've been to see comedians, comedy shows, plays, been the match hundreds of times, but never been to a gig. I'm not enough of a fan of any particular artist or band to justify going. I'd be taking the place of somebody who would really love to be there.

Same here.

15 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Not that there's anything wrong with what you're saying but the vast majority of live music isn't sold out.