You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Genesis

windass

Bugger! Didn't realise they were on.

Genesis, in particular the Peter Gabriel era, are one of the greatest bands ever.

The live set of The Lamb, on the Genesis 4CD box-set is possibly one of the greatest live sets I've ever heard.

Sunshine in my stomach indeed.

Bugger! Didn't realise they were on.

Genesis, in particular the Peter Gabriel era, are one of the greatest bands ever.

The live set of The Lamb, on the Genesis 4CD box-set is possibly one of the greatest live sets I've ever heard.

Sunshine in my stomach indeed.

I hope bbc4 repeat it.I missed alot of it. The track Mama was brilliant!

Went to the old trafforg gig trully was brill. The phil collins bashing in this country realy gets on my tits. It was quite endearing watching him in the docu before the gig getting realy pissed with himself when he couldnt cut one of the older genesis tunes on the drums. Yet hes still better than any of the drummers in the current load of tosh this country produces,and not bad for a man that doesent real play anymore.

Where's The Cage when you want him?

Outside looking at his brother John no doubt.

Proudly owning up to more than a little fondness of the old twats. Twickers was ace.

Im here Buddy. Love that quote. Back to the thread.

I saw them in July 2007 at Old trafford.

Best band in the world. Anyone who disagrees will be put in a room with a continuous loop of Johnny Cash and John Cooper Clarke.

Im surprised with RL as a fan of 70's rock (Roger Waters etc), he should love the old coggers who inspired my Username.

When in Rome: Genesis in Concert

Sunday 25 May

11:00pm - 12:00am

BBC1

Re-formed rock band Genesis recorded live at a free concert in front of 500,000 fans in Rome's ancient Circo Massimo. As darkness descends, it's a breathtaking spectacle, with a sweeping, curvaceous stage and huge graphics screens failing to dwarf the sound of a supergroup reborn. The band serve up plenty of old favourites like Invisible Touch, No Son of Mine, Domino and Genesis's first-ever charting single, 1973's I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)

• 13 years later...
34 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've never been to a gig in my life, but I gave serious thought to going to one of their liverpool gigs, bit expensive for my wallet though.

Looks amazing, but I hope for Phils sake they do call it after this tour, he's not a well man.

I can't criticise as I've been to see The Who (even The Two as they're now known) loads of times but I saw Phil Collins on the BBC breakfast the other week and he looked really really ill so ill he said he's unable to even hold a drum stick now....And sitting in a chair throughout the concert as well ?

There comes a point when you're charging over a £100 for a bog standard ticket that it just becomes a bit of a piss-take 

For me if I want to hear the music of these bands I'd rather now go and see a really good tribute band 

That's all fair. Phil's voice is still there, but of course a shadow of what he had previously. For me it was a great concert. Of course he can't physically do his dancing, rhythmic tambourine routine, less still play the drums. He can barely walk. Nevertheless, with the band including Daryll Stuermer, a couple of necessary backing singers, his boy Nick on drums, and the ubiquitous and awesome lighting show, it was a fitting curtain-call for Genesis. 

I'm so pleased I went. 

PXL_20210922_194814726.jpg

PXL_20210922_191452841.jpg

PXL_20210922_193321614.jpg

PXL_20210922_200048638.jpg

PXL_20210922_200137610.jpg

• Upvote 4

I'm more a fan of the Gabriel era stuff , but I am going to see them at the Arena and really looking forward to it. Not so much looking forward to twats who have paid £100 and then spend the whole night trudging to and from the bar past me and standing on my toes to buy plastic glasses of lager.

• Upvote 4