You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy you

windass

Thanks all. I've long since come to terms with the fact that my Dad is a cock. He's got 6 kids, and all of us (but the youngest who is too young to escape him) want nothing to do with him. I've always got it in the neck from him the worst because I'm female and remind him of my Mum (who 25 years after their divorce he still won't hear her name mentioned).

I don't agree with blood being thicker than water. He doesn't deserve any of his children, or his Grandchildren. I've tried on countless occasions in the past to get along with him, and he's let me down every time. He's a horrible man, and I'm ashamed that he's my Dad.

It makes me sick to the stomach that so many people out there have put fantastic Dads in the ground, while mine is still walking round.

I'll chip in with a bit of Dad bashing, but I have to agree with Remmie too, some/most dads are ace. My brothers are both fantastic fathers; mind you they only had to look at ours to know what not to do.

I still see my Dad from time to time, but he has to be one of the most bitter and twisted men on the earth. He has pretty much bore a grudge against me, since I choose to live with my mum after their divorce. Hes never had anytime for me or my brothers really. The eldest brother fucked off sharpish when the divorce happened and my dad pretty much bribed the middle brother into staying with him. He then set about bad mouthing mum for years and tried to get the middle brother to cut off contact. When he got visiting rights for me, he would pick me up every saturday, drop me off at my nans and fuck off down the pub ten minutes later. he'd then return to pick me up hours later; half pissed, and then drop me home, that pretty much went on every week for 7 years or so.

Amongst shitty things he has done, smacked mum about, been pretty much pissed for the last thirty years, fought a horrible custody battle; although he showed no interest in actually raising his children before or after the court case. Snatched me straight from school when i was seven and kept me for three months, at the time my mum was in hospital.

He pretty much never encouraged any academic activity in any of us or attended anything to do with our education or development, despite this and thanks to my mum, two of us went to uni; which I reckon pissed him of as he is one of the most intelligent blokes I have ever met, he was just raised when working class kids never went to uni.

He basically ignored his 4 grandchildren, when my brother moved to aus a few years ago, he didn't have any grace to wish him luck in building a new life and told him to fuck off and stay there. I have missed out so much more as I could have typed all night.

As much as at time I could kill the twat, he still my dad, so I just keep in contact when i have to. It keeps the peace better, especially since the other now refuse to speak whatsoever to him. I reckon he was just never cut out to be a Dad and just wanted to spend his life with the lads down the pub, which he has done despite having an ace family. Worra twat.

I'd disagree Sir. I think he's made some pretty darn decent pop tunes and it's mostly about the production. You have to consider that he had a bash at a Radiohead song and I still don't want him dead so he must have done a few things right.

He's upped the horn content on the radio by about 200%, which is a good thing.

You're the only Radiohead fan who doesn't in my experience. I hate him for what he did to one of my favourite Smiths songs too.

Kudos for the horn though. A bit more Hammond Organ and I could warm to him.

My Dad is ace (the only bad thing was that; I had to get him in to football)

Anyways....

I was in Sainsburys just now and there was this girl pricing dvds. Looked amazing, tight body lovely hair etc. I was gladly fantasising about her when she suddenly turns around to reveal a pig ugly moon face. Thus annoying me slightly

• 13 years later...

There's a bloke who took my old job and now and again he phones me for advice. But after he's asked the question he starts making loud noises of agreement to the point where neither of us can hear what I'm answering.

"Hi, I was just wondering what you'd do about X,Y and Z?"

Me: "Well, firstly I'd........

Him (as soon as I open my mouth). 

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yeaaaaaaahhhhhh riiiiiiiighttttttttt."

Me: "Erm yeah so what I'd do is...."

"Mmmmmmmmm yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mmm, mm, mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Do you.know I was thinking that?"

It's like trying to talk to a blue whale.

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Another trip away, another collective refusal by the rest of the household to empty the bin in the interim. Every fucking time I come back to this sort of thing. 

41EFB7D9-9464-4BA8-B1FF-250F341D8B97.jpeg

As chief bin emptyer and recycling officer in our house, thats a capital offence as far as Im concerned. 

• 2 months later...

Audible alerts. My mate has got a phone and smart watch and it's like being in the company of R2-D2. One or both is always going off with a Twitter alert or bbc breaking news or some bollocks, I'm talking literally every two minutes. 

The noises are becoming increasingly bizarre too, one sounds like the tripod from the tom cruise version of war of the worlds. 

'Hgnarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!'

Oh Grant Shapps has entered the Tory leadership race. 

That someone had the audacity to start a new 'little things that annoy you' thread when this one was perfectly adequate, it's just very wasteful. There's kids in Africa with no internet and we are wasting bandwidth willy-nilly.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

That someone had the audacity to start a new 'little things that annoy you' thread when this one was perfectly adequate, it's just very wasteful. There's kids in Africa with no internet and we are wasting bandwidth willy-nilly.

Not whats happened in this case, but misuse of the word "bandwidth" in the corporate world. People wont ask you if you have the time to do something, they will ask if you have the "bandwidth".

Fuck Off.

On 23/05/2008 at 05:15, longballs said:

I was in Sainsburys just now and there was this girl pricing dvds. Looked amazing, tight body lovely hair etc. I was gladly fantasising about her when she suddenly turns around to reveal a pig ugly moon face. Thus annoying me slightly

You had me at "pricing DVD's."

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

People who moan that we haven't had a summer and then moan their arses off when we do get a few nice day that it's too hot. Fuck off and make your mind up.

Bit of rain earlier today and one bint saying 'oh, we needed that, it got too hot'

Not me, I love winter.