You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bosingwa

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Therein lies our problem. We cannot constantly compete when it comes to signing top quality like that. We have to find someone of a similar level who is a lot cheaper.

Cant wait til Rashid enlightens us all in this thread aswell. :wallbutt:

I reckon it might go something like... "Even with the Bosingwa signing, Rafa has still spent Net/Gross more than the other managers and Rijkaard has been sacked for having a similar season (if not better) than your team.. oh, sorry I mean OUR team...." :whistle:

Portuguese reporter on Five Live said Bosigwa wasn't worth that fee.

You could almost say no fullback is worth that fee, it certainly isn't the most important position on the field. If there is one position you would want your weakest player in it would be fullback in my opinion.

You could almost say no fullback is worth that fee, it certainly isn't the most important position on the field. If there is one position you would want your weakest player in it would be fullback in my opinion.

That's changing though, IMO. The fullback is today's winger. That's what everyone is after, hence why Alves is so highly sought and kept.:wallbutt:

That's changing though, IMO. The fullback is today's winger. That's what everyone is after, hence why Alves is so highly sought and kept.:wallbutt:

Yep. Especially in a 433, which is being used more and more - partly fuelled by the glamour of having 3 strikers playing methinks (see La Liga).

Ben Arfa has admitted talking to Arsenal about a summer move.

Another top player potentially joining one of the teams above us to make them stronger.

Too bad our manager is only interested in shit journeymen like Degen and Milner. Why can't he be more ambitious in the transfer market? Why are we never interested in good players?

Too bad our manager is only interested in shit journeymen like Degen and Milner. Why can't he be more ambitious in the transfer market? Why are we never interested in good players?

He doesn't like good players. Or star players.

He wants people who are easy to control. Robots who play hoofball.

Surely he can see that good players are likely to be better than average players?

Last 12 months : Torres, Babel, Skrtel, Mascherano - straight into the 1st team. Young players - Lucas (already progressed), Nemeth, Plessis, Insua, Bruna, Pacheco....

The worst he's bought in that period are Benayoun & Voronin, just to bulk out the squad and who cost fuck all (almost)!

We won't buy Milner. Or Downing. Or Bentley (though he's better than Pennant - just). Degen is free and we know almost nothing about him.

Since Rafa has been here the squad has only ever improved, never taken a step back or fallen further behind the rest. The squad will be better in August than it is now. I'm not worried. We always get linked with shite players. Ignore it!

Surely he can see that good players are likely to be better than average players?

He hasn't understood that yet. He is hell bent on not winning the title with talentless twats. Rumour has it Momo got sold when he trapped the ball in training.

He hasn't understood that yet. He is hell bent on not winning the title with talentless twats. Rumour has it Momo got sold when he trapped the ball in training.

If only Rafa would see sense and let Everton into that 4th place. The we could win the 'League Within A League' and we could get to play with the wonderful trophy that is Kenwright's Ring, and we could have an open top bus parade.

Last 12 months : Torres, Babel, Skrtel, Mascherano - straight into the 1st team. Young players - Lucas (already progressed), Nemeth, Plessis, Insua, Bruna, Pacheco....

The worst he's bought in that period are Benayoun & Voronin, just to bulk out the squad and who cost fuck all (almost)!

We won't buy Milner. Or Downing. Or Bentley (though he's better than Pennant - just). Degen is free and we know almost nothing about him.

Since Rafa has been here the squad has only ever improved, never taken a step back or fallen further behind the rest. The squad will be better in August than it is now. I'm not worried. We always get linked with shite players. Ignore it!

I hope you're right about Milner and Downing but we've been looking at doing deals for Downing and Milner according to peopel who would know about these sort of things.

I think Guido is right. Think back to last summer when we where linked with fuckin Forlan, Kone, and alot of other dross. Its standard fare with he press these days, whether fed from the club or not. Rafa usually has someone up his sleave that suprises us. Im not at all worried.

I think Guido is right. Think back to last summer when we where linked with fuckin Forlan, Kone, and alot of other dross. Its standard fare with he press these days, whether fed from the club or not. Rafa usually has someone up his sleave that suprises us. Im not at all worried.

It wasn't the press who said we were after Downing and Milner.

I make that:

Carvalho = £20m

Boswinga = £16.2m

Ferrier = £13.2m

Terry = Free

Belletti = £6.5m

Wayne Bridge = £7m

Cashley Cole = £15m (deal)

Branislav Ivanovic £9.2m

Tal Ben Haim = free

Alex = Undisclosed - (rumours about £10m)

Essien = £24.4m

Roughly about £120m on defence alone. Not to mention wages.

Not to forget they shipped off Del Hornio and Glen Jonson who both cost about £6-7m each.

But you'll still get Hansen, Lawro, Dicko, Redknapp, Andy Gray and the rest trotting out that we've spent big on players - "they bought Torres for £27m blah, blah".

Two things it seems, that gives you the best chance of winining the prem.

time & money - United have had both - Chelsea the latter and Arsenal the former.

Just ignore the papers until you see Rafa with someone holding a scarf or you read it on the BBC website or the official.

The papers get everything wrong all the time.

If he's signed for them does that mean the window is open? Let the buying commence!

I said stop ruining my sarcasm!

Jesus, the very thought of people taking the shit I've wrote on here serious says something about the standard on here nowadays. Just proves that when "someone" repeats some idiotic shit over and over, people start taking it seriously in the end.