You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bosingwa

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Therein lies our problem. We cannot constantly compete when it comes to signing top quality like that. We have to find someone of a similar level who is a lot cheaper.

Cant wait til Rashid enlightens us all in this thread aswell. :wallbutt:

The only reason we weren't in for him is because Rafa is obsessed with squad players, he doesn't want players for the first XI. He wants to buy three slow and shit right-backs for 5 mill rather than paying 15 for an ace one.

That's spot on. Rafa doesn't care about the League but has worked out that the sure way to feed his obsession with CL success is with journeymen squaddies.

The only reason we weren't in for him is because Rafa is obsessed with squad players, he doesn't want players for the first XI. He wants to buy three slow and shit right-backs for 5 mill rather than paying 15 for an ace one.

To be fair though, look at Chelsea's right backs since Abramovitch

Glen Johnson - 7mil - Shite

Ferreira - 13mil - Shite

Belletti - 6mil- Shite

All had huge hopes, huge prices, all proved absolute piss. We've had..

Josemi - 2mil - Shite (But cheap and sold a year later)

Arbeloa - 3mil - Good

Finnan - 3mil - Very good (I know its a GH signing, but he's shone under Rafa)

Kromkamp - around 2mil - average, but sold on for double 6months later

I think that goes to show that despite the huge money theyve spent at RB, they are no stronger than us whatsoever. Who's to say this Bosingwa will be any good? Probably a new flavour of the month portugues signing.

To be fair though, look at Chelsea's right backs since Abramovitch

Glen Johnson - 7mil - Shite

Ferreira - 13mil - Shite

Belletti - 6mil- Shite

All had huge hopes, huge prices, all proved absolute piss. We've had..

Josemi - 2mil - Shite (But cheap and sold a year later)

Arbeloa - 3mil - Good

Finnan - 3mil - Very good (I know its a GH signing, but he's shone under Rafa)

Kromkamp - around 2mil - average, but sold on for double 6months later

I think that goes to show that despite the huge money theyve spent at RB, they are no stronger than us whatsoever. Who's to say this Bosingwa will be any good? Probably a new flavour of the month portugues signing.

Stop messing up my sarcasm!

Therein lies our problem. We cannot constantly compete when it comes to signing top quality like that. We have to find someone of a similar level who is a lot cheaper.

Cant wait til Rashid enlightens us all in this thread aswell. :wallbutt:

If spending 16 million on Bosingwa is competeing I don't ever want to.