You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

100 Million (Dollars)

YNWA

Looks like ONE of the yanks have put the money where their mouth is. Not sure which, I am guessing Hicks, but Rafa will recieve £50 million to spend this summer on players.

From what I can make of it, the fact it has not came from the 'ownership' and only one of the owners, may be a positive thing in terms of the other half having to match it or be exposed!!

He is due to be given the dosh over the next few days, lets hope he spends wisely and gets a mate up front for Fernando.

Getting rid of the dead-wood (which for me, doesnt incude alonso), may yield us another 10-20 millions depending on our bargaining powers with Crouch, so already I am optimistic and excited!!

Bring on 08-09.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...Cards are marked!!

I stuck my neck on the line at the start of the thread, just as you have both stuck your necks on the line with your opinions.

I didnt believe it either when the same person told me about us approachin Klinsmann 6 weeks before it came in the papers. Nor did I believe them when DIC where in intense negotiations with the club and they where saying, its all a front - the real negotiations are with Gillett!!! Albeit she meant Gillett the shavers mistakenly, but she is a blonde!!

Isnt that just the cash that they borrowed for the transfers last time along with the stadium money to get it off the ground i wouldnt think this is new money

it just sounds like spin and you would expect us to spend that amount

if we can spend 20m a season net other years this year there is an extra £20m from TV money plus extra prize money plus CL Money and that is what i would have thought we would spend

The only question i had was Rafa getting the money from Player sales also ?

no facts or source to this just my opinion

Ok...Cards are marked!!

I stuck my neck on the line at the start of the thread, just as you have both stuck your necks on the line with your opinions.

I didnt believe it either when the same person told me about us approachin Klinsmann 6 weeks before it came in the papers. Nor did I believe them when DIC where in intense negotiations with the club and they where saying, its all a front - the real negotiations are with Gillett!!! Albeit she meant Gillett the shavers mistakenly, but she is a blonde!!

Nothing will make me more happy than you being right, but I just cant see it. With the credit crunch, and all the financial trouble both owners are in, i cant see any of them coming up with that sum, at least not from their own pockets.

Maybe if DIC has lent Gillett the money to push Hicks out before they buying us from Gilett again, but that is clutching at straws.

But hell, we can all need something to dream about.

the only way to get that figure is to add up the money they have left from the refinancing, less Mascherano, plus some sales. I can't see it any other way and that money was to supposed to start the new stadium too

WE dont know if the Javi deal was money up front or a sort of lease £4m a year if it was the latter then they would have that sort of money to spend

its all ifs and buts

but i think we will see at least 1 Torres type signing i would love to see

Silva and Villa

Kun and Nassri

Alves and Aimar

Maxi and Robhino

or any combo of above

I know its pie in the Sky but dont piss on me chips till September

Laughable really. It'll just be 50m on the club, not from his own pocket.

That is the way it should be

You shouldnt spend what you cant afford, i dont want a sugar daddy for an owner.

But i would like fit and proper people in charge and the 2 we have are niether fit nor proper

If the Sheik wants to buy a football team and spend a bit of his own cash on a few quality signings to bring it up to scratch, that is ok, but i dont want us to behave like Chelsea or R Madrid ffs blowing 100m a year on the latest playboy signing

we will do it The Liverpool Way

Maybe if DIC has lent Gillett the money to push Hicks out before they buying us from Gilett again, but that is clutching at straws.

But hell, we can all need something to dream about.

Didn't Rafa only the other day say the "final solution" was close maybe this is it! Also wasn't Gillett at today's game!!

Torres 20.2m

Jossi 6m

Babel 11.5m

Lucas 6.75m

Letto 2.5m

plus all the youngsters would have brought are spending to over 50m last year

and the new TV money didnt kick in till this window

Is that Net/Gross? :whistle: