Jump to content
StevieH

James Milner

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, CapeRed said:

As fit as he is he was 2 or 3 yards off the pace last night. I think it is fine to use him as a late sub but not a starter . Would like him to be offered a position on the coaching staff.

Agree with this. Think the game passed him by a lot given Benfica were always going to go a bit eyeballs out in this.

 

But, I think Milner was a better choice than slinging young Curtis into the firing line, as it were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a shocker last night but shit happens, so did Fabs on Sunday. Big Game James still has plenty to contribute 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Agree with this. Think the game passed him by a lot given Benfica were always going to go a bit eyeballs out in this.

 

But, I think Milner was a better choice than slinging young Curtis into the firing line, as it were.

Funnily enough,I'd have started Curtis last night and brought Milner on later. Playing both Henderson and Milner was not a good idea given how quick Benfica were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most heard phrase on concourse yesterday was “Why the fuck is Milner playing?”.

 

One of our best players yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suzy said:

Seen a post ‘elsewhere’ we’ve offered him another year - surprised it’s not been posted here.

You’re cheating on us by going “elsewhere”?

 

I'm shocked and appalled by this Suzy. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milner’s worth around the club is constantly referenced. His professionalism and attitude is clearly seen as key by Klopp.  That, with his undoubted football ability, as seen this weekend, makes a deal obvious. Yes, he won’t be starting against any of the top 6 these days, but he still has great worth in early cup rounds, especially guiding kids in the game. 
 

Also, it just feels right having Milner at the club. Get him signed. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would deffo keep him as a coach, he needs to be around the dressing room, can't see us offering him any kind of playing deal though, he's 137 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Would deffo keep him as a coach, he needs to be around the dressing room, can't see us offering him any kind of playing deal though, he's 137 years old.

Of course he’ll get a playing deal? He can still come on late in games against lessor PL teams and start again lower league oppo in cups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Would deffo keep him as a coach, he needs to be around the dressing room, can't see us offering him any kind of playing deal though, he's 137 years old.

So long as lifey is burning toast, Milner should be burning the opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Of course he’ll get a playing deal? He can still come on late in games against lessor PL teams and start again lower league oppo in cups. 

Yeah I think he should but can't see them giving him one, they're pretty frugal the owners, we saw it with Gini. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

You’re cheating on us by going “elsewhere”?

 

I'm shocked and appalled by this Suzy. 

I’m sorry. It wasn’t another forum but an Lfc page on the book of faces. I can’t find it anywhere else though so looks like wishful thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former England midfielder James Milner, 36, has been offered another one-year contract at Liverpool but the future of Egyptian striker Mohamed Salah, 29, at the the club remains uncertain. (Telegraph)

Might be some legs in what @suzy saw 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That story was written by someone called Luke Edwards rather than Bascombe, and Indy Kaila would have felt sheepish at the bit about Salah. Hopefully as reliable as Milner himself rather than AOC about the other part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually thought it was mentioned on the commentary yesterday we'd offered him a new deal or at least were in talks, which I think is sort of the same - it's a starting point that both sides think there's value in another year. If milner stays, we need to be ruthless with Chamberlain. Get him out of the club and replace him with a talented young midfielder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I actually thought it was mentioned on the commentary yesterday we'd offered him a new deal or at least were in talks, which I think is sort of the same - it's a starting point that both sides think there's value in another year. If milner stays, we need to be ruthless with Chamberlain. Get him out of the club and replace him with a talented young midfielder. 

Yeah, that’s the move isn’t it. Carvalho looks like he may have the tools to grow into right forward cover, but AOC moved on and a midfielder in the vein of Bellingham or the lad from Monaco would be a big step in the right direction for the midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Nowt said:

Yeah, that’s the move isn’t it. Carvalho looks like he may have the tools to grow into right forward cover, but AOC moved on and a midfielder in the vein of Bellingham or the lad from Monaco would be a big step in the right direction for the midfield.

Yeah..I think we need someone who's ready to go. We've already 2 big projects in Elliot and Jones, I don't think we need a 3rd. I don't know enough about Bellingham (in fact haven't thought much of him on the rare occasion I've seen him) or tchouameni - but providing klopp thinks they're ready to compete in this midfield and be able to fill either 8 role, I'm good with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah..I think we need someone who's ready to go. We've already 2 big projects in Elliot and Jones, I don't think we need a 3rd. 

My thoughts exactly. No doubt the profile they’re looking at is someone Klopp thinks is ready for a starting role now but can still develop further. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of life's unsung pleasures is to see Milner come on as sub with ten minutes to go in a game we're leading. Shut up shop, clatter someone, pick up a yellow, buy a freekick and go home with the points.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klopp implied he'd been offered one in the post match and said it was up to him now.

 

I see people are still questioning his ability on the pitch. That's been the same since Klopp got here.

 

I also see some people still think Gini wasn't offered a contract, didn't go chasing one final pay day, and that Klopp actually wanted to keep him only for FSG to refuse.

 

That's fantastic fiction right there.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×