You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fish and Chips

Section_31

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Hold the fuck up vinegar then salt?

Salt first, then vinegar, Shirley?

What the fucks up with these nonce cunts?

Close but not quite. The correct style is salt, to be well shaken to encourage lower chip distribution, a heavy soaking of vinegar and then salt again which will stick to the vinegared chips. 

I have spoken. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it's what you do when you don't like vinegar. 

Note: Favourite flavour crisps... salt and vinegar. 

Strange how that works, I don't like mushrooms like you have with a cooked breakfast, yet cooked with braising steak and onions they're one of the wonders of the world.

28 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I know. This’ll be another one in Sugar Ape’s ‘cunt column’ against me. If there’s any room left. 

Haha. I drown mine in the stuff. In-fact I can hardly eat them without it. They generally water down their vinegar in chippies so if I'm taking a bag home to eat I'll give them another soaking of sarsons. I'd rather rot my insides than be a nonce. 

• Upvote 1

Had a posh lady from HO visit our bank branch in Kirkby in the 80's , and to be 'part of the gang ' she came around with us to the chippy by the market. She was given her fish and chips and she said ' I would rather have liked some salt and vinegar '. The young lady  serving , who had more tattoos than Popeye just jerked her thumb towards the end of the counter and said ' Gerrit your fucking self '.

• Upvote 3