You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fish and Chips

Section_31

52 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I'm not sure what the name of these style of pans are called but it's the light metal sort Jamie Oliver uses sometimes on his shows. 

We have had about 5 or 6 chips before I took the picture but that is absolute bullshit. 

My in-laws have never had fish and chips before so, against my recommendation, my wife ordered some from the pub. The chip portion was also fucking minimal, though the fish looked normal sized. They seemed to like it though. 

That’s a bloody disgrace, Rem.

First thing tomorrow, put them on the train to Liverpool. Tell them to ask for gravy or curry on their chips.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

There's a nice lake near where we live so took Yara and my in laws to feed the ducks, play in the park and have a pint in the quite crap pub in a pretty location. 

This is allegedly a large portion of chips my wife ordered:

IMG_20190331_160252.jpg

I just ordered a Chinese takeaway with small chips, and the portion is about three times bigger than that. 

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

There's a nice lake near where we live so took Yara and my in laws to feed the ducks, play in the park and have a pint in the quite crap pub in a pretty location. 

IMG_20190331_160252.jpg

Tell me where to find this place. I have a lighter, some rags and a suitable range of accelerants.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I love Whitby. Trenchers is very good. The

restaurant more so than the takeaway.

The food eaten in is better than the food that's delivered even though it's from the same kitchen? Am I missing something here?

11 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The food eaten in is better than the food that's delivered even though it's from the same kitchen? Am I missing something here?

There’s not a lot in it but the fish and chips do seem better cooked in the restaurant. Different people frying the restaurant and takeaway stuff, perhaps. That said, I used to go regularly but haven’t been for about three years.

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20190331_160252.jpg

This has been a gripe of mine for ages. It's a gamble these days what quantity of chips you get in a pub. We've gone in and got one portion like that, but in others we've had a veritable mountain of chips. The world's gone mad!

Had some really good fish & chips last night from my local chippy

Made fresh to order... they still can't do a decent gravy but they've upped their game significantly in the last year

£6.20 for large fish & chips and there were enough chips to feed the 5000

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Had some really good fish & chips last night from my local chippy

Made fresh to order... they still can't do a decent gravy but they've upped their game significantly in the last year

£6.20 for large fish & chips and there were enough chips to feed the 5000

What is your local chippy?

23 hours ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20190331_160252.jpg

I would have thrown them in Willen lake and driven around the nearest roundabout twenty times in protest.

*local knowledge*

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Remmie said:

IMG_20190331_160252.jpg

Name and shame so we can burn the plaice down....