You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glen Johnson....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rafa saw Alves as a right midfielder, he certainly played Riise there a lot, and he even played Finnan there. Given his defensive frailties he might see Johnson as a right midfielder - I bloody hope not though.

Ah, so because you THINK something. Could've fooled me.

depends what you want from a full back, my personal obversation of johnson is he is much better at going forwards than bob but bob is less likely to get dragged out of position. There are other factors as well, johnson would recieve a lot of protection from kuyt and to a lesser extent masherano.

I think someone like johnson will (counting chickens again :whistle:) be a massive asset in regards to breaking down stubborn defenses our biggest achilles heel.

I read somewhere that we could have got Johnson for around £8M in January but we did not have the money, now a few months later he has signed a new contract and we have to pay £18M for him, thats one hell of a visionary business model we are using.

Do they teach stuff like this in school, because I certainly missed out on it when I did my economics degree.

Guest Kenny
I read somewhere that we could have got Johnson for around £8M in January but we did not have the money, now a few months later he has signed a new contract and we have to pay £18M for him, thats one hell of a visionary business model we are using.

Do they teach stuff like this in school, because I certainly missed out on it when I did my economics degree.

we couldnt afford 8m but the Crouch money is 7m, lazy newspapers

why cant we do what madrid do and just get someone to go out where he is on holiday do the medical sign the fuckin contract deal done move on to the next target instead of wating and god knows what could go wrong.

Madrid have done it for slightly different reasons though.

Kaka was with the National side so it was easy enough but the medical teams allegedly were visiting Ronaldo to check on his hernia problem and assess whether it needed surgery.

Not sure if a proper medical has been carried out.

Where?

I blame CEO's

I can see a glorious partnership between Kuytinho & Johnson. Eventhough at 18m, he is still a good signing, and he will improve us. Carrick was bought for 18m but he is barely worth 14m, but the vile needed him to progress and he improved them, simple as. It's about time we splashed the cash to get rafa's #1 targets instead of settling for 2nd fiddle. YNWA

Anymore if Arbeloa has only 12 months left as Coop posted, somebody said its 2012?

Prem: Arbeloa on future | Setanta

Liverpool defender Alvaro Arbeloa has revealed he would be tempted by a move back to Spain with The Reds poised to sign Glen Johnson as a potential replacement.

Arbeloa, who is currently on international duty with Spain in the Confederations Cup, has been linked with a move back to former club Real Madrid in a reported £7 million deal.

The defender, who has one year remaining on his current contract, has established himself as Benitez’s first choice right back since signing for the club in 2007 from Deportivo La Coruna.

But the expected arrival of Johnson is likely to push him down the pecking order with Madrid reportedly keen to tempt him back to his homeland.

“I am happy at Liverpool, but I have something to prove in Spain as I did not show my best form in La Liga,” he told Elmundo. “One day, I’m sure I will return.

“It is always nice to be linked to big teams – even to this Madrid side in a time of transition. They are working hard to build a great team. I have one more year remaining on my Liverpool deal, but anything can happen.

“A contract renewal is in the air. I am contracted for one more year, but if Liverpool get an offer they will consider it. It is all in the hands of my agent.”