Quantcast
Peep Show - Page 7 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

Peep Show

I thought episode 2 was better, felt like they were either reaching, or retreading too much old ground, at times last night.

Agreed

Guest Pistonbroke

Peep Show is better than toast as is Catastrophe, Toast is still decent comedy though and worth a watch. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Right, I'm going to give that Toast a go. If it's shite I'm negging everyone that has recommended it.

I didn't recommend it as such Jazz, I said it is worth a watch. If I miss it I'm not that arsed and don't go out of my way to watch it on more 4. It is OK though.

If you haven't watched Catastrophe I would recommend that. 

I didn't recommend it as such Jazz, I said it is worth a watch. If I miss it I'm not that arsed and don't go out of my way to watch it on more 4. It is OK though.

If you haven't watched Catastrophe I would recommend that. 

Yeah saw that when I had a look on 4OD. Got through the four minutes of adverts before Toast started, paused it, made a brew, got back and it wanted me to watch another four minutes of adverts.

Out of principle I fucked it off.

Probably have another go later.

Guest Pistonbroke

Those adverts on catch up TV are a pain in the arse, plus when you pause something you run the risk of more fucking adverts or you come back and the fucking thing started playing again off its own accord.  You can also guarantee the phone will ring or the fucking door bell. 

She was. As was the role played by Morgana Robinson who I have a bit of a thing for.

She was filth in the first series of Toast, but last night ... not so.

However, I do agree there is something rather tremendous about her.

I think the whole series has been very poor. Partly because they announced it was going to be the final series so it's like it's working towards some sort of ending and lose ends are being tied up. We just cameo appearances from Big Suze, Sophie, Baby Ian and Jeff now to wrap it all up in true last series fashion.

One of my favourite all time programmes but this series and much of the last one have been poor. It should have been wrapped up a couple of series ago I think, I feel like I'm just watching this series out of some weird sense of duty rather than watching it because it's still funny.

I enjoyed both Peep show and Toast tonight, a real return to form for Toast, arguably the best episode of the new series.

A little bit disappointed with the end to Peep Show though, Sophie waking up being attacked by the snake would have looked a lot more sinister! 

Watched it last night and haven't caught any others from this series. I thought it was very funny. Not side splittingly, but I rarely laugh out loud ever, so a chortle part way through showed that it had my approval.

Thought that was poor. Need Toast to step up and save the night.

I think that is very harsh, myself.

At the same time, I also reckon if it had ended with Mark's wedding, it would be the greatest British sitcom ever.