Kopite

Amy Winehouse...

Way better singer than Janis Joplin. Streets ahead.

She certainly was a talented girl with a great voice but not in the same league as Joplin

When you get Mama Cass mouthing, "Wow" just listening to her, that's quite an endorsement.

Yes she was. Easily. Stature as an artist is another matter, but vocally she was right up there. Most people know her voice from Back to Black with the soul/R&B stylings. Frank is a far better indication of her vocal talent though.

I know her voice from the pub jukebox when clueless tarts come in and stick her entire catalogue on.

'Tough week at the office dear?'

Just to chuck another luminary into the mix, how would you compare Adele?

Certainly a better comparison than Aretha Franklin, Billie Holiday or Ella Fitzgerald as neither of them are in the same universe as that lot.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Whats snobbish about not thinking somebody is anywhere near as good?

To be fair to Spy Bee, I edited my post there, my initial point was a little more succinct & didn't mention the other singers.

• Upvote 1

Adele kind of annoys me because everybody loves her. Like, people who don't even like music like Adele, but she does write some very catchy songs and she does have an excellent voice.

I'd say that was a rather significant edit Mook!

• Upvote 1

Adele kind of annoys me because everybody loves her. Like, people who don't even like music like Adele, but she does write some very catchy songs and she does have an excellent voice.

I'd say that was a rather significant edit Mook!

It was, apologies.