You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thierry Henry: Make it happen Rafa

KevieG

Disregarding his age, price tag or wages.

I think we have some urgent gaps that need reinforcing; we certainly need one or two full-backs (I'm not convinced by Aurelio or Arbeloa). We certainly need competition for the wide attacking positions (call em wingers, call em what you want) because we need much better than Jermaine Pennant.

If Alonso leaves we need a replacement for him.

But assuming we fill these positions with (choose from) Rodriguez, Valencia, Barry, Bentley, Rafinha, or WHOEVER, I still think we're missing a "catalyst" player.

A player that can offer us some creative magic. A player that can drag all of our other very good footballers onto a new level. Gary Mac did it for us. Cantona did it for the Mancs. Bergkamp did it for Arsenal.

A player that could be the missiing 5% that means Champions. Or also-rans again.

Henry can be that player for Liverpool next season. No, he isn't the only choice. But he is a valid one.

Agreed mate. I think Liverpool have been guilty of building too much for the future. Sometimes a team has to buy a player who will make an instant impact and be in his prime from the off. Like Torres has been a phenomonen but look at babel. I think he will be fucking boss but it will take him time. You get Henry in, bang, from the word go he will be klass and i think he could help babels development immensley. I say go for him but do not pay more than what barce paid.

We are lacking that catalyst player. There was a good example recently(cant remember which match) but babel tore down the left, flicked to torres who touched it to stevie G and he swung it out to the right where Kuyt was running onto it. I love Dirk Kuyt as a professional. But the move went from looking menacing to looking like piss. We are missing that something going forward that the other teams have (ronaldo, Hleb, Cole)

Disregarding his age, price tag or wages.

I think we have some urgent gaps that need reinforcing; we certainly need one or two full-backs (I'm not convinced by Aurelio or Arbeloa). We certainly need competition for the wide attacking positions (call em wingers, call em what you want) because we need much better than Jermaine Pennant.

If Alonso leaves we need a replacement for him.

But assuming we fill these positions with (choose from) Rodriguez, Valencia, Barry, Bentley, Rafinha, or WHOEVER, I still think we're missing a "catalyst" player.

A player that can offer us some creative magic. A player that can drag all of our other very good footballers onto a new level. Gary Mac did it for us. Cantona did it for the Mancs. Bergkamp did it for Arsenal.

A player that could be the missiing 5% that means Champions. Or also-rans again.

Henry can be that player for Liverpool next season. No, he isn't the only choice. But he is a valid one.

Bring back Jari Litmanen.

(Or if he isn't available, I suppose we could make do with Modric.)