You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thierry Henry: Make it happen Rafa

KevieG

He could be Rafa's Gary Mac.

So supposedly we are shopping in the bargain basket again this summer, supposedly anyway. Most people here agree that its quality and not more of this squad padding crap that we've been playing at for the last 2 years to give us something extra. Henry is the type of proven premier league quality we need that'll help us push on the little bit we need to challenge, he can play in Babels outside left position or up front with Torres if needed. He ticks all the boxes. If he is available we should do everything to make this happen.

10 million would be a bargain even if he is 30.

He could be Rafa's Gary Mac.

So supposedly we are shopping in the bargain basket again this summer, supposedly anyway. Most people here agree that its quality and not more of this squad padding crap that we've been playing at for the last 2 years to give us something extra. Henry is the type of proven premier league quality we need that'll help us push on the little bit we need to challenge, he can play in Babels outside left position or up front with Torres if needed. He ticks all the boxes. If he is available we should do everything to make this happen.

10 million would be a bargain even if he is 30.

He could be if he was on a free.. :whistle:

Isn’t the price being quoted around £16m, plus his £100k+ a week wages… Not much of a bargain, but I do agree I would love him here, even for those figures…

And being linked with Barry at 12 million, Bentley at 15 is hardly bargain basement.

Where would we play Henry?

You need your head testing if you're going to pay £16 Million for a 30+ forward that has been burned out by Arsenal.

Doubt he'd be going for 16 million.

Henry, Torres, Gerrad. It would be a 3rd world class attacking talent.

I think he'd still tear the arse out of most of the shit in the premier league

You need your head testing if you're going to pay £16 Million for a 30+ forward that has been burned out by Arsenal.

You're probably right mate, I only remember Henry in full flight, but if you look at it rationally, his best days are behind him.... but when football fans start thinking rationally is the day when football finally dies!!

Didn't Henry say yesterday there was only one club in England in his heart, I presume that would be the Arsenal.

He also said that apart from arsenal the only ever english club he would play for is Liverpool. I'd have him here in a heartbeat but it's not gonna happen. He's too expensive for his age.

Didn't Henry say yesterday there was only one club in England in his heart, I presume that would be the Arsenal.

They all say that, money talks with professional footballers. I reckon a couple of years in front of the kop would appeal to him.

Disregarding his age, price tag or wages.

I think we have some urgent gaps that need reinforcing; we certainly need one or two full-backs (I'm not convinced by Aurelio or Arbeloa). We certainly need competition for the wide attacking positions (call em wingers, call em what you want) because we need much better than Jermaine Pennant.

If Alonso leaves we need a replacement for him.

But assuming we fill these positions with (choose from) Rodriguez, Valencia, Barry, Bentley, Rafinha, or WHOEVER, I still think we're missing a "catalyst" player.

A player that can offer us some creative magic. A player that can drag all of our other very good footballers onto a new level. Gary Mac did it for us. Cantona did it for the Mancs. Bergkamp did it for Arsenal.

A player that could be the missiing 5% that means Champions. Or also-rans again.

Henry can be that player for Liverpool next season. No, he isn't the only choice. But he is a valid one.

he's a fucking quality player but i cant see it to be honest. Rafa tends to buy younger players (torres, mascherano, babel etc) and I also think his best years are behind him. How much would he cost? and how much would he get in wages? we would be better backing Rafa to buy a younger player who could improve and become "the next henry".

Can't see Terry Henry signing for us.

He complains about the system used at Barca, which is a similar system to what we use, and TH is quoted in the press saying that his legs can't run up and down the wing now like he used to, ala Babel.

Not disagreeing that he wouldn't be a great signing, but in what capacity and would Rafa want another very large personality in the dressing room?