You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, sh#t waffle said:

This season was a big return to form, some of the most effortless dialogue in years.

I enjoyed the latter half of the season immensely.  The bowling episode had me in stitches

On 27/09/2023 at 20:24, Lee909 said:

Not seen the latest series yet. Didn't know it had been on uk tv to be honest. Looking forward to the podcast being back. Its a great watch for the nightshift. 

Whats happened to that actually? Was thinking the other day that it must have been months since the last episode now.

The new season was ok. Some decent bits, but it’ll never be the juggernaut it was from about series 3 to about 11. The characters, mainly Mac and Dee, are totally detatched from what made them still feel real and the interactions seem genuine, even when the story is so beyond reasonable mostly.

It was the best thing I’ve ever seen as a comedy as it developed and built across the series I mentioned above. Even the modern and polished cameras and sound have ruined it a bit for me, which they do mention debating between them on the podcast too.

51 minutes ago, Curly said:

Whats happened to that actually? Was thinking the other day that it must have been months since the last episode now.

The new season was ok. Some decent bits, but it’ll never be the juggernaut it was from about series 3 to about 11. The characters, mainly Mac and Dee, are totally detatched from what made them still feel real and the interactions seem genuine, even when the story is so beyond reasonable mostly.

It was the best thing I’ve ever seen as a comedy as it developed and built across the series I mentioned above. Even the modern and polished cameras and sound have ruined it a bit for me, which they do mention debating between them on the podcast too.

Agree with most of what you say, but I do think this season had moments where they came close to season 3-11 brilliance.

Expect the podcast will be back soon now that the writers' strike is over

1 hour ago, sh#t waffle said:

Agree with most of what you say, but I do think this season had moments where they came close to season 3-11 brilliance.

Expect the podcast will be back soon now that the writers' strike is over

Ah, is that what it’s been due to? I thought it was mad because they recorded some after they had finished the series. Nice one mate