You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 28/09/2019 at 22:39, Lee909 said:

I've never watched this. Saw a few clips and love watching Danny Devito. Got about 15mins in to episode 1 and was bored to fuck and turned off. Does it get better or is that what it is

On 28/09/2019 at 22:55, Mook said:

It improves 10 fold when DeVito comes into it (start of the second series I think). Definitely worth sticking with.

On 28/09/2019 at 22:57, Sugar Ape said:

It’s one of the best comedy shows of all time. Stick with it man. Just power through series one which is only about five episodes then it gets a lot better. 

Finally went back to it last night, fucking brilliant especially when Frank turns up

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Finally went back to it last night, fucking brilliant especially when Frank turns up

18 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Yeah, it’s amazing. Took me a few tries then it hit. Hard. 

Yep. It’s actually frustrating when someone gives up after a few episodes because you know what they’re missing out on. 

Jealous of Lee watching it for the first time. 

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

What's the newer stuff like? I stopped watching after Dennis partly left and they had that annoying woman on the show instead.

She was on it for one episode I think, and I don’t think Dennis has missed an episode. It’s still great. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the last few seasons have been more miss than hit. Seasons 3 to about 10 are just fucking unbeatable comedy though in my eyes. Fucking love it. I might start it again - I hovered over it when I was looking for something on Netflix while I peeled the spuds, but I went right through it again during lockdown/furlough. It’s too soon.

Finished it all up early tonight

Superb, wished id watched earlier 

Looking for something similar or Parks and Rec like to watch. Never found either US or UK Office any good(I fucking hate Gervais, find him a smug cunt, he can get in the same bin as the cunts from little Britain)

42 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Finished it all up early tonight

Superb, wished id watched earlier 

Looking for something similar or Parks and Rec like to watch. Never found either US or UK Office any good(I fucking hate Gervais, find him a smug cunt, he can get in the same bin as the cunts from little Britain)

Maybe Brooklyn Nine Nine. 

I’ve been laughing out loud to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

Maybe Brooklyn Nine Nine. 

I’ve been laughing out loud to it. 

Yeah, first thing that came to mind. A few other options: 

A.P. Bio - Has Dennis from Sunny as ‘bad teacher’.
Californication - Mulder as a sexy addict. 
Community

DAVE

Detectorists

Ghosted - Has from Parks and Rec and Trudy Judy from Brooklyn

The Good Place - Ends a little soft but well worth the journey 

The Mick - Dee from Sunny as ‘Bad Auntie’

Rick and Morty - Actual genius. 
Santa Clarita Diet - Mental

Schitt’s Creek - Cult-like following

Scrubs - Bingeable and funny 

Silicon Valley

• Like 1

The League is worth a look

Bob's burgers is on and off of Prime, animated but it's almost King of the Hill level good and grounded in reality to a similar extent.

And Community.

Also all of Seinfeld is on Prime, don't know how old you are but if you were too young for it at the time it's worth getting into.