You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Plot Thickens

bobhorse

He apparently said: "'I am surprised at things I have read, I need some clarification about a meeting that took place involving a lot of people that I did now know about. 'I need to ask questions and I want some answers. I want to clarify things. I am really calm, but I want answers. What concerned me was the people who were in the meeting, that was a surprise."

Hadn't seen those quotes.

Not much else he could be saying I suppose.

I fear this is Rafa's way of getting supporters against Parry. Maybe Hicks has told him to say it?

This whole thing is ridiculous.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He apparently said: "'I am surprised at things I have read, I need some clarification about a meeting that took place involving a lot of people that I did now know about. 'I need to ask questions and I want some answers. I want to clarify things. I am really calm, but I want answers. What concerned me was the people who were in the meeting, that was a surprise."

It wouldn't surprise me if Parry has said he wasn't there. Look at the way he tried to squirm out of the Athens ticket fuck up and the "numbers game" bollocks. Parry is an astoundingly arrogant man. I'm angry at all of this but part of me is laughing at the shit Parry is taking. I'd rather it wasn't happening, of course, and I'd rather it was done behind closed doors but seeing as it isn't, I think it's quite funny that Parry is being slaughtered, I hate Tom Hicks with a passion but I can't find one piece in the last week where he hasn't been correct about Parry's character. I despise Parry the most, followed by Hicks, then Gillett.

Hadn't seen those quotes.

Not much else he could be saying I suppose.

I fear this is Rafa's way of getting supporters against Parry. Maybe Hicks has told him to say it?

This whole thing is ridiculous.

It won't get me on Hicks' side, despite the fact that what he's saying about Parry is true.

Maybe he is making an issue out of it as he is about to leave club, I don't know for sure but have a gut feeling he is fed up of life at the circus and is ready to walk, even tho I have been critical of him in the past I hope I am wrong as their is only Mourinho who could come in and do as an effective job and their is no way him or any other top manager will come to the club in its current climate.

I unfortunately agree with you. I hope we are wrong. This looks a bit contrived by Rafa. Maybe he wasn't aware who attended the meeting, but you must understand the amount of crap he has had to deal with this season. I think he is looking for a get out. IF, and its a bif if, DIC could buy the club very soon, he might stay for at least one more season?

:(

I think it's quite funny that Parry is being slaughtered, I hate Tom Hicks with a passion but I can't find one piece in the last week where he hasn't been correct about Parry's character.

That's true, but Hicks has known about Parry for a long, long time. Last summer I emailed Tom Jr with the full lowdown on Parry's fuck ups (others did too), so it was amusing to see that the stuff I complained to them about last summer was in the letter they sent this week (the arrogant attitude towards fans after the ballot, the constant fuck ups in the transfer market etc).

That letter should have been sent to Parry last summer. It wasn't though, as Hicks wasn't arsed about Parry's 'incompetance' back then as it didn't affect him directly. It was only when Parry became a thorn in his side by siding with Gillett that he decided he wanted him out.

They are all as bad eachother in their own different ways.

That's true, but Hicks has known about Parry for a long, long time. Last summer I emailed Tom Jr with the full lowdown on Parry's fuck ups (others did too), so it was amusing to see that the stuff I complained to them about last summer was in the letter they sent this week (the arrogant attitude towards fans after the ballot, the constant fuck ups in the transfer market etc).

That letter should have been sent to Parry last summer. It wasn't though, as Hicks wasn't arsed about Parry's 'incompetance' back then as it didn't affect him directly. It was only when Parry became a thorn in his side by siding with Gillett that he decided he wanted him out.

They are all as bad eachother in their own different ways.

So this is all your fault? :whistle:

True Dat.

But I like I said in another thread, what me and you do/believe doesn't matter if the "silent majority" of the fans keep getting sucked into the Hicks media propaganda.

And that is very true, unfortunately.

When Hicks said all that about "I have a lot of assets and I will invest money blah blah" and "the club will be debt free by the start of 2011" you just know there will have been loads of people rubbing their hands together and saying he deserves a chance.

I unfortunately agree with you. I hope we are wrong. This looks a bit contrived by Rafa. Maybe he wasn't aware who attended the meeting, but you must understand the amount of crap he has had to deal with this season. I think he is looking for a get out. IF, and its a bif if, DIC could buy the club very soon, he might stay for at least one more season?

:(

Lets hope its sorted sooner rather than later or we could end up falling out the top four and behind the likes of villa, spurs and the blueshite, its a fucking nightmare.

So this is all your fault? :whistle:

I sent copies of all the blog entries I did about Parry and the ballot to Hicks Jr last summer. I also put some other comments of my own in the emails, and told him he could ask Benitez about any of it and he'd confirm it.

He replied and said they were aware of the fans being unhappy about the ballot and he'd look into it and get back to me (he said nothing about Parry's other fuck ups). About two or three months later I got an email saying "Hopefully next time UEFA will give us more tickets".

They swept Parry's actions under the carpet as they weren't arsed. It was only when he became a problem to them in the boardroom that they decided to do anything.

As it turns out, it's for the best that they didn't do what I wanted and sack him, as if they had then all the debt would be on the club now probably!

It sickens me; you'd get better behaviour from a bunch of school kids.

What really frightens me is if Parry is forced to resign, and Ayres steps onto the board in his place. Could this happen if Rafa say's it him or me?

I doubt Parry would resign. He has Moores' and Gillett's support plus his own vote.

Why should Parry resign? Not now, we need him to ge the two cunts out, first off if Hicks sells, Gillett will sell as he has already admitted he wants to.

Maybe Rafa should just shut the fuck up until this has settled, he had no reason to go public yesterday. He could have got answers without going public, he is as bad as the rest when it comes to media politics.

I doubt Parry would resign. He has Moores' and Gillett's support plus his own vote.

Could he vote for himself if it actually came down to it? That doesn't seem right, that you have a say in whether you keep your own job or not and that say is equally as important as your employers.

Could he vote for himself if it actually came down to it? That doesn't seem right, that you have a say in whether you keep your own job or not and that say is equally as important as your employers.

"All those in favour of Parry's contract being terminated, say 'Aye'"

Parry: "Aye"

Moores: "Rick, I think you mean 'No'"

Parry: "Shit. I'm supposed to be on holiday anyway."

He'll be excluded from it but you know Moores will vote in favour of Parry, as will Gillett and Gillett jr.

Here is a bit of wild speculation from me:

Rafa has been critical of Parry for a long time and the two men don't trust each other. Possible reasons for this: Gerrard fiasco, poor transfer record.

Rick Parry brought in George Gillett, he knew the man, he liked the man, these two 'clicked'. Tom Hicks was brought in at the last minute, Parry and Moores didn't know much about him.

First few months goes well for the Americans PR wise, Liverpool reach the Athens final. We lose, Rafa lambasts both Americans who he deeply suspects and implicitly criticizes Rick Parry. The three from that moment are all gunning for him but Rafa is untouchable with the fans.

Move on a couple of months. Results have been up and down, Rafa is looking in a weak situation. All three agree that now is the time to try and move the stubborn Spanish bastard on.

George Gillett brings in Jurgen Klinsmann for talks, someone who he has had professional dealings with. Rafa gets wind of this and leaks it to Chris Bascombe who prints it and causes a shitstorm.

Tom Hicks of his own accord then tries to bury the news by admitting that he did meet with Klinsmann. This causes a massive problem for George Gillett and Rick Parry as the news is undeniable and embarrassing, but it was just an honest gaff by Hicks, nothing Machiavellian. A wider rift has been bubbling in the background because both men realise that they may be in it above their necks financially. The Klinsmann debacle makes Gillett realise he has teamed up with a clown who he can't trust.

George Gillett is now with Rick Parry, Rafa is on his own, Hicks is on his own.

Over time both Hicks and Rafa realise that it's in their best interests to stick together. Hicks realises that football is going to be bigger business than he previously thought if he can get his finances sorted. Rafa realises that without Hicks he will be fired, he loves the club he wants to stay.

The blame of the whole mess lays at Rick Parry's door with David Moores his pathetic little lap dog. He brought the Americans here. He fell out with Rafa due to sheer incompetence. He gleely went to meet Jurgen Klinsmann because he hated Rafa.

I don't lay much blame at Rafa for this, he loves the club and he just wants to work with competent men but I think his love for his club may be blinding him to Tom Hicks.

If Rafa is now doing the PR dirty work for Tom Hicks then he must go too. Tom Hicks will be here long term and he is a cancer.

Rick Parry needs running out of town. The man has single handedly taken this club to the abyss.

Lets hope its sorted sooner rather than later or we could end up falling out the top four and behind the likes of villa, spurs and the blueshite, its a fucking nightmare.

You cant group one of the "oldest and most respected sporting institutions" together with Villa and Spurs.