You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LIVERPOOL FC V BLACKBURN ROVERS

Red Nick

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Red Nick

We,ve have 5 days rest and our next game isnt till next weekend so there is no need to rest player,

Id pick our strongest team which doesnt include Crouch and includes Lucas for Mascher.

---------------Reina--------------

Finnan--------Carra-----SKrtel-----Aurellio

----------------Lucas---Alonso----------

Kuyt---------------Gerrard-------Babel

-------------------Torres----------------

Even though I dont think Kuyt is good enough for a title winning LFC I have to concede he´s the best player for us in that formation and that position, obviouly Crouch is far better but we have to play 4-4-2 to accomodate him

change arbeloa for finann and that is the team :yes:

Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Skrtel, Carra, Lucas, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt, Babel, Torres

Confirmed

*cough*

I can see into rafa's mind

No Crouch on the bench

thats the only grief I have with the line up. Voronin ahead of Crouch on the bench. I do know Crouch carried a knock after last match though, but he was expected to be fit for the match.

That`s the only reason I can see why Voronin would be ahead of him, as there is no way Crouch should need a rest.

Crouch's omission is strange, but I'm pleased with that team. These are a side that should not be underestimated and we really need three points today.

I don't think Rafa's taking this one lightly. His comments about wanting to wrap up 4th place so he can concentrate on Chelsea suggest he feels a win today will as good as get us 4th. With Everton faltering and Chelsea getting next weekend off I can see a few of the ressies getting a run at Fulham.

Strong team.

Gives Finnan and Sami a rest and Lucas was expected to come in for Mascherano.

Finnan's hardly played?!

He must be struggling with fitness again surely? I thought he was excellent last week against Arsenal and was looking forward to him playing every week again.

I hope he's just not simply out of favour because he's our best right back IMO.

Overall that's a great team though, and we should win comfortably enough.

Finnan has had an up and down season, but so has Arbeloa. I think the reason Rafa is still changing the fullbacks for nearly every game, even whilst keeping the rest of the team for the most part intact, is that he genuinely can't see a lot of difference between them and is struggling to work out which two to keep.

thats the only grief I have with the line up. Voronin ahead of Crouch on the bench. I do know Crouch carried a knock after last match though, but he was expected to be fit for the match.

That`s the only reason I can see why Voronin would be ahead of him, as there is no way Crouch should need a rest.

Sly says he's got a toe injury.