You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The official Peter Schultz NHL Ice Hockey Playoff Thread

Nunavut Patrick

Yes, it's that time of the year again where DT, who absolutely loves ice hockey (his team is the Nashville Predators and Jordin Tootoo is his favourite player), gets to chat shit about the NHL!!!

Calgary off to a flyer against the Sharks. The Penguins (without Sid the Kid getting a point) do the Senators.

Should the Senators go with Emery, who is loonier than Grobelaar and Lehmann put together. I reckon they're fucked as Alfredsson is out and the top line (Spazza and Heatley) is fucked without him. As well Fisher is the grit.

Penguins in 5.

Today the oldest rivalry gets going with the top seeded Montreal Canadiens (BOOO BOOOO BOOOO) taking on the Boston Bruins. With Carey Price in goal, will the Native Canadian (ie-Indian, but doesn't look as Indian as Ted Nolan) crack under the pressure cooker that is hockey in Montreal. They're missing Saku Koivu as well.

Bruins in 7.

And now onto DTs team, the Predators. Doesn't look good but the Red Wings are perennial underachievers and Hasek, the goalie, is also a bit loony so you never know.

Wings in 5.

As for the rest, Washington with Ovechkin might be a sleeper and the Flyers return to the playoffs after a truly horrendous year last season.

Don't count out the Ducks or Avalanche either.

I reckon a Penguin-Shark final is on the cards with the Penguins lifitng Lord Stanley's Cup.

i grew up cheering for the bruins - always liked the toughness of stan jonathan, terry o'reilly, mike milbury, gerry cheevers (best hockey mask ever).....couldn't name more than a couple on the roster now.

i wear number 8 in honour of cam neely - an all-round player, inspirational and tough.

crosby is a similar player, but not as tough...if you squint the penguins look just like boston !

i grew up cheering for the bruins - always liked the toughness of stan jonathan, terry o'reilly, mike milbury, gerry cheevers (best hockey mask ever).....couldn't name more than a couple on the roster now.

i wear number 8 in honour of cam neely - an all-round player, inspirational and tough.

crosby is a similar player, but not as tough...if you squint the penguins look just like boston !

Terry O'Reilly....now there was a player. Big #24.

Too bad Neely was hurt alot.

Not the same in their new building, when it was the Boston Garden and the Montreal Forum it was special in the playoffs.

Terry O'Reilly....now there was a player. Big #24.

Too bad Neely was hurt alot.

Not the same in their new building, when it was the Boston Garden and the Montreal Forum it was special in the playoffs.

pound for pound, i think stan jonathan might have been the toughest of them all.

o'reilly gets a mention on style though, for jumping the glass at madison square gardens and chasing that fan up the steps in his skates and beating him with his own shoe....class.

cam neely wins it though. he had something like 15 surgeries on his knees, but kept coming back. his last season he couldn't play many games back to back, but he still scored 48 goals in 50+ games.

it was ulf samuelson who really did in his knee with a cheap shot. i remember they interviewed neely on the eve of his first reunion with samuelson. the announcer suggested that maybe he would be looking for retribution.....cam said the right things ("i'm just concentrating on the game" and "the team comes first")

it took all of 15 seconds after the puck was dropped for cam to start rag-dolling big pussy ulf all over the rink.

its hard to get any coverage outside North America... but Ovechkin and the Caps went from 14th to 3rd i think... if you can ride a hot goalie, surely the caps will be in with a chance with Ovechkin scoring like a demon.

Pittsburgh are a good young team and with Crosby and Malkin have a chance to score a few as well

I think it might be Detroit and New Jersey... simply because ive heard of Brodeur and I remember Hasek from his Buffalo days...

Question for the more knowledgable hockey fans... Ovechkin or Crosby? who looks the better player?

its hard to get any coverage outside North America... but Ovechkin and the Caps went from 14th to 3rd i think... if you can ride a hot goalie, surely the caps will be in with a chance with Ovechkin scoring like a demon.

Pittsburgh are a good young team and with Crosby and Malkin have a chance to score a few as well

I think it might be Detroit and New Jersey... simply because ive heard of Brodeur and I remember Hasek from his Buffalo days...

Question for the more knowledgable hockey fans... Ovechkin or Crosby? who looks the better player?

Ovechkin is a better scorer and probably more talented but Crosby is the complete player, has size and strenght.

DT's man Jordin Tootoo became the first Inuk to score in the Playoffs but sadly the Predators went down 3-1 to Detriot.

Calgary came apart and took 7 straight penalties and played most of the second period shorthanded (Is Steve Bennet a hockey ref?) but the Kipper held the door until the last one; they went down 2-0.

However, the Series heads back to The Red Mile!!! Toothless hockey fans-PAH.

The Red Mile makes Mardi Gras look like a Baptist Convention.

It's a sad testament ot the GF that this thread hasn't made 10 posts yet. In the Golden Era it would have been at least at 15, with 10 of them being 'ice hockey sucks'.

Monkeywool with the props, but he's just bitter because his bird left him for a lumberjack with a terrible French accent who wears womens clothes.

Ovechkin is a better scorer and probably more talented but Crosby is the complete player, has size and strenght.

DT's man Jordin Tootoo became the first Inuk to score in the Playoffs but sadly the Predators went down 3-1 to Detriot.

Calgary came apart and took 7 straight penalties and played most of the second period shorthanded (Is Steve Bennet a hockey ref?) but the Kipper held the door until the last one; they went down 2-0.

However, the Series heads back to The Red Mile!!! Toothless hockey fans-PAH.

The Red Mile makes Mardi Gras look like a Baptist Convention.

It's a sad testament ot the GF that this thread hasn't made 10 posts yet. In the Golden Era it would have been at least at 15, with 10 of them being 'ice hockey sucks'.

Monkeywool with the props, but he's just bitter because his bird left him for a lumberjack with a terrible French accent who wears womens clothes.

She's welcome to the mountie loving, due south watching log chopping pointless dross that is Canada. She can copulate with as many of them as she likes, they will all come out with flip top heads and the uneering ability to annoy people just by singing.

Oh and Ice hockey still sucks, are we over 10 yet?

I've been supporting Calgary since I was a wee little canadian born hockey hoser.

They shall win the cup, you've heard it here first.

i'll sign up for that...the only true canadian team to cheer for since the winnipeg jets disappeared

The Winnipeg Jets.

Damn shame them and the Quebec Nordiques moved.

i went to university there for four years......never has one sporting team meant more to a city than the jets. when they left for phoenix the city was in tears.

it's just so damn dark, cold and depressing (which i'm sure you know something about) that they needed something to cheer about.

and teemo selanne cried when he was traded to anaheim !!california !!

i used to like the nordiques with the stastny brother, goulet and dale hunter beating the snot out of the habs. i forgot that joe sakic started there too, before they moved to colorado.

the NHL has allowed some tragic things to happen, for sure.

Montreal Canadiens will win the damned thing! The Liverpool of the NHL ( not for the Gillett connection ) and it`s about time they won it again.

Come on NP... admit it...deep down you want them to win. As your team of nancies ( Toronto Make Beliefs ) are so shit they did`nt even qualify you`d better support a real hockey team.

:whistle:

And by the way....where is truered these days??

• 2 weeks later...
The Canadiens just won a great game. The flyers up 2 - 0, Canadiens level at 2 - 2, Flyers up 3 - 2 and Canadiens level in the last minute of the game and first minute of the extra time to make it 1 - 0 in the series.

Mate, it's called overtime.

Looking forward to a Penguin-Canadien Conference Final- Les Penguins have a Frenchie goalie (as do Philly) and Sid the Kid. Malkin vs Kovalev as well and a snarly Gary Roberts at 42 wreaking havoc on players half his age.

They had a huge riot in Montreal when they beat the Bruins Monday- burning cop cars, smashing shit up all over downtown Montreal. And they make fun of 'soccer hooligans' in the media here.