You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Crouch

Rashid

We can't keep Crouch, TK. He's not good enough or versatile enough to start matches.

Wibble. You're soooo stupid.

Kuyt can't play that lone striker role. He runs like he's waist deep in cement. It would be painful to watch. He's got no close control, can't beat a player with pace or skill, misses too many chances, and lacks the intelligence and technique to play the right ball.

If Rafa had wanted us to play 4321 all along, he wouldn't have bought either of these two.

Wibble. You're soooo stupid.

Kuyt can't play that lone striker role. He runs like he's waist deep in cement. It would be painful to watch. He's got no close control, can't beat a player with pace or skill, misses too many chances, and lacks the intelligence and technique to play the right ball.

If Rafa had wanted us to play 4321 all along, he wouldn't have bought either of these two.

I don't get it. I don't get why people want to deliberately smear him, but they do. He's shown on hundreds of occasions that he has the skill to go past someone. Please stop talking shite. What went past Maicon like he wasn't there? Scotch mist?

I'd like to issue an apology to anybody that I've offended by calling them a whopper. Specifically Paul. I need to chill a little and learn to adjust my debating style.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

• 10 years later...

Get on his podcast on bbc

It's pretty funny

Talking of secret santa on this one. He got Rafa and bought him a leather jacket(said Rafa changed his style and started wearing them) and a Mourinho book 'how to win the league' thought Rafa would go mental. He just said love the jacket and he was off to read the book might be interesting. 

But his Xabi story is best. Said Xabi bought a unnamed player a real canary in a cage. On the card it said I bought you this bird cause nobody has ever seen you with one

• Upvote 1

Yeah I always have time for him. Seems a really genuine guy, quite funny too. 

Still couldn't believe it when we signed him. Won most people older, shame he didn't stay for a season longer with Torres misses a large chunk of the season we finished 2nd. 

• 7 months later...

Announced he's retiring...

For me I think we should have kept him for a couple more seasons and if we had I honestly think we'd have won the league in 09

Great player for us scoring one of the all time great hat-tricks against Arsenal

Still can never understand why Rafa didn't start him in the World Club Final instead of Morientes

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Never wanted us to sign him, never wanted us to sell him

Great lad, good player.

It took the lad ages to settle, but once he did he became a good reliable player who never whined about how the manager used him. I'd like to see him go into management, he has the right temperament. 

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

It took the lad ages to settle, but once he did he became a good reliable player who never whined about how the manager used him. I'd like to see him go into management, he has the right temperament. 

Yes and no. Obviously the goal thing was hanging over his head, and once he got that slice of luck, he was fine. I remember being pretty happy with his contribution though. As a player for us, his hold up play and link up with Stevie really stood out. We all remember how good Stevie was with Torres, but he loved having Crouchy there before that.

Top man who gave us some great memories, and laughs.

Hope he enjoys his retirement. I can be fairly certain he will.

• Upvote 2