You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kylo Ren is fucking shit.

That colonel or whatever he was giving his speech to thousands wasn't fit to lace Moff Tarkins boots. Proper gimp.

I agree that General Hux was a bit shit. I thought Kylo Ren was really good, although i’d have preferred him to have kept his mask on throughout.

I agree that General Hux was a bit shit. I thought Kylo Ren was really good, although i’d have preferred him to have kept his mask on throughout.

Spot on. Also felt the girl who played Rey’s acting was awful until they met Han Solo and the penny seemed to drop. I find the over acted English accent to be a distraction in Hollywood movies. Good film TFA but I just can’t watch that Rogue 1 for a 2nd time. Good looking but so boring. How bad must it have been before they had to do the last minute rewrites.

Spot on. Also felt the girl who played Rey’s acting was awful until they met Han Solo and the penny seemed to drop. I find the over acted English accent to be a distraction in Hollywood movies. Good film TFA but I just can’t watch that Rogue 1 for a 2nd time. Good looking but so boring. How bad must it have been before they had to do the last minute rewrites.

Rogue One was alright but not a patch on TFA for me.

Rogue One was alright but not a patch on TFA for me.

TFA’s one of those films that I can leave on no matter what point it’s at, but I switch over if R1’s on. I was really looking forward to it based on the trailers, but after watching it I didn’t feel it had to be made.

Whilst that scene is undeniably awesome it does throw the scene between Leia and Vader at the start of Star Wars out. She's telling him she's on a diplomatic mission when Vader has literally just seen her ship escape!!

That's because she'd been snorting coke.
  • Upvote 1

Whilst that scene is undeniably awesome it does throw the scene between Leia and Vader at the start of Star Wars out. She's telling him she's on a diplomatic mission when Vader has literally just seen her ship escape!!

This really can’t be over-looked i’m afraid.

That's easy to explain. The Tantive IV is a diplomatic ship (Leia's family are the rulers of Alderaan), and so they have diplomatic immunity. Vader has no business even boarding the vessel. Like when the Libyans shot that policewoman in London and smuggled the gun out in embassy luggage, we knew what they were doing but were powerless to act. Of course, Vader doesn't have quite the same respect for legal niceties.

I quite like Ren, it feels like a rerun of what Anakin should have been. As a character Anakin was supposed to be naive, easily manipulated and full of anger.

I think Ren and Ray's final destinations in the trilogy may overlap and she ends up the villain.