You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They need to leave behind Vader, Luke, Leia, Han etc. and move on to another story. Or maybe set in the past, like the Old Republic video games. The story of Vader and co is well and truly over, time for some new material.

its a tough one, new characters could ruin it American Pie style (Until the re-union of course) but then obviously the original actors are all far too old now and re-casts would be completely and utterly wank

definately one that could go either way this, 3PO and R2 definately need to be kept alive though, and preferably Chewy too

its a tough one, new characters could ruin it American Pie style (Until the re-union of course) but then obviously the original actors are all far too old now and re-casts would be completely and utterly wank

definately one that could go either way this, 3PO and R2 definately need to be kept alive though, and preferably Chewy too

Personally I'd sooner be shot of 3PO. R2 is okay since he can't talk so is unable to utter the absurd lines Lucas conjures up but the beeping bastard was pushing the envelope in terms of irritating viewers in the prequels, what with his newfound flying ability, squirting oil and doing some fucked up force lightening of his own.

Time to face facts. The success of the first three was largely drive by the FX. Star Wars revolutionised cinema and FX. It was that spectacle which dragged people in. Without that the film would have been very average.

So it was FX which accounted for the success of Episodes 4,5 & 6.

By the time of episodes 1,2 & 3 those FX were far from special and hence devoid of the Emperors new clothes the films were shit.

No good can come of this

4 5 & 6 certainly changed cinema and set new incredibly high benchmarks for FX but they had a lot more about them than just that

I wasn't that impressed with the special FX. The original movies were more groundbreaking and looked better than the silly, cartoony, Babylon-5 type environments in the prequels.

"Lucas said in a statement' date=' "It's now time for me to pass `Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers."

Yeah yeah you grubby little cunt, never a truer word spoken though, the further he is away from it the better.

This could be quality.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. His creative juices dried up years ago but that hasn't stopped the cunt milking the Star Wars universe dry in the meantime. We might finally get something in the Star Wars universe that's great again.

Edited by Paul

Time to face facts. The success of the first three was largely drive by the FX. Star Wars revolutionised cinema and FX. It was that spectacle which dragged people in. Without that the film would have been very average.

So it was FX which accounted for the success of Episodes 4' date='5 & 6.

By the time of episodes 1,2 & 3 those FX were far from special and hence devoid of the Emperors new clothes the films were shit.

No good can come of this[/quote']

Totally disagree. It was the story and characters; the sheer imagination of it all. The effects were incidental for me. When I think of Star Wars, I want to be Han Solo. I don't think about how cool the effects were.

Yeah, they were a REAL epic Adventure... with a compelling storyline, genuinely likable characters, and an easily definable good vs. evil struggle.

add in a healthy dose of mythology as well

I wasn't that impressed with the special FX. The original movies were more groundbreaking and looked better than the silly, cartoony, Babylon-5 type environments in the prequels.

i was referring to the OT (456). They blew the world away with the fx. The prequels were good as far as fx goes but nothing that changed the world of cinema. Having said that ILM made almost every major advance for years after ep6

So that now gives Disney Marvel,Lucas Film and the Muppets.

I can see some real shite cartoon and crossovers coming from this.

Luke Skywalker and Iron Man trying to save a kidnapped Miss Piggy couldn't be any worse than any of the prequals.