You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thirded (third sistered?). I'm enjoying it, different tone to the other Star Wars series. Great to finally see Alderaan before it was blown up. Nice Blade Runnery city in episode II. It's explained quite clearly in episode III that the planet is barren because of the Empire's activities. I think some people are just very dedicated to giving Disney Star Wars a hard time.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Red74 said:

The musics terrible. They’re recycling the awful mandolorian theme & score and it’s getting on my nerves. I liked the Mando but the music just didn’t fit Star Wars.. 

SPOILER

Leia should have been returned home by now and the story should have advanced in a new direction. Organa found kenobi easy enough and with his resources could have had them off planet in the last episode. 

Why did kenobi take time to blast the road block when he could have just ran around it. As shown when the camera went up. 

Why didn’t Vader extinguish the 2nd fire like he’d just done with ease minutes before. He could see the robot carrying him away so why not just force lift them over it. He’d only been hunting him through the galaxy for 10 years like. 

Im actually enjoying this but Christ, it doesn’t half test your patience. Every planet has to be a barren wasteland with a market and a boozer. Disney have got all the money in the world but they don’t half go cheap on these TV shows. 

Yeah I thought that about the fire but the scene when he was just walking down the road was outstanding.

And why didn't vader know it was leia in a new hope?

11 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Yeah I thought that about the fire but the scene when he was just walking down the road was outstanding.

And why didn't vader know it was leia in a new hope?

He might have known it was Leia, but the connection is Ben and Bail Organa of Alderaan. Leia was bait because of their connection, not because of her real parents. 

Leia was senator of Alderaan in A New Hope. At this stage Vader didn't know Luke had a sister.

At this stage, I don't think Vader even knows Padme gave birth. If you recall her burial scene (it was recapped at the start of the first episode), she is buried with an artificial baby bump to give the impression that she died while pregnant. I'm sure there's one of the comics that goes into his uncovering the deception.

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

At this stage, I don't think Vader even knows Padme gave birth. If you recall her burial scene (it was recapped at the start of the first episode), she is buried with an artificial baby bump to give the impression that she died while pregnant. I'm sure there's one of the comics that goes into his uncovering the deception.

He finds out between New Hope and Empire doesn’t he? 

EDIT: Yes, ‘Vader’s Quest’ 

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

Never gone onto that 

But they can sense other Jedis feelings

That black girl got onto the fact that Ben didn't know anakin was still alive

Obviously it's a minor point like.

Bought Disney+ to watch this and thought it was excellent. Don't get all the Reva hate either, seems pretty bad ass. 

Must admit though I'm bored off my tits now with Vader as a character. Would have preferred to see more of the Grand Inquisitor, pinhead-esque. 

• Upvote 1

Are they setting up the finale of Obi Wan to copy rebels with Reva going to Tatooine to find and kill Luke, in the same way Maul goes there and fights Kenobi, resulting in him killing her?

Wouldn't make sense for Vader to go there so his interaction with Obi Wan should be over now

Good watch the last episode. Still loads of hammy acting, McGregor especially and you’re gonna be asking why didn’t this happen but for what it was it ended up being alright.

Disney really need to start opening the vaults and giving these shows some decent budget tho. I’ve seen YouTube fan films that have looked more impressive than what these have to work with. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Good watch the last episode. Still loads of hammy acting, McGregor especially and you’re gonna be asking why didn’t this happen but for what it was it ended up being alright.

Disney really need to start opening the vaults and giving these shows some decent budget tho. I’ve seen YouTube fan films that have looked more impressive than what these have to work with. 

Yeah I liked it but it was a damp squib compared to the rest of the series. Agreed on budgets, the Star Destroyer bridge scenes looked like something from a late 90s interactive CD ROM.

I reckon there'll be a season 2 which is why Yoda hasn't been in it yet.

I always struggle to 'get' Anakin/Vader as a character too. He just seems to be permanently fuming but for no specific reason. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I liked it but it was a damp squib compared to the rest of the series. Agreed on budgets, the Star Destroyer bridge scenes looked like something from a late 90s interactive CD ROM.

I reckon there'll be a season 2 which is why Yoda hasn't been in it yet.

I always struggle to 'get' Anakin/Vader as a character too. He just seems to be permanently fuming but for no specific reason. 

Couldn’t see the reason for making an Obi Wan series anyway as he’s a bit of a boring character made worse by mcgregors accent. Rather see a series about the emperor than boring Jedi / rebel do gooders.