Quantcast
Star Wars - Page 17 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

New trailer;

 

 

 

Looks great. 

I think Rey's a brilliant character and Daisy Ridley perfect in the role.  That's not to say there aren't storytelling and editing issues, but the characters still do it for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey, are they still  milking this?! Do they ever intend to put this thing to bed? Has there ever been another film which  has spawned so many  offshots  and  sequels?

 

The  very definition of a "franchise" .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way Rey turns to the dark side. That’ll be a vision from the Emperor or something.

 

Interesting the Vadar breath towards the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

There is no way Rey turns to the dark side. That’ll be a vision from the Emperor or something.

 

Interesting the Vadar breath towards the end. 

Yeah, I think there is a lot of misdirection in that trailer.

 

Nailed on the only reference to Vader is Kylo looking at his helmet again for a few seconds and Rey going to the dark side is only in a vision.

 

I don't even think we'll see the Emperor properly like its hinting and we'll probably get 2 minites of force ghost Luke where he says the lines you hear.

 

Otherwise it'll have to be a 3+ hour movie!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame they let that Johnson wanker have dibs on The Last Jedi as he's clearly fucked it all up. The force awakens was great, but Johnson basically ended the trilogy there and then, destroyed Snoke, Phasma, made Hux shit, destroyed the resistance, there was essentially nowhere left to go with the third film.

 

Abrams has come back the way a parent would come back to their house after their teenagers had had a house party and gone what the fuck!?!?

 

He had nowhere to go other than bring the flying Scotsman out of retirement and cast Richard E Grant as Hux's  dad.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't give a shit about this after the shitshow that was TLJ. I loved TFA and Rouge one but TLJ has killed it for me. I'm looking more forward to the Obi Wan show than this. For me the real sequel trilogy is the thrawn trilogy from legends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I couldn't give a shit about this after the shitshow that was TLJ. I loved TFA and Rouge one but TLJ has killed it for me. I'm looking more forward to the Obi Wan show than this. For me the real sequel trilogy is the thrawn trilogy from legends.

Read the latest thrawn books and have gone back to read the originals. They're incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the look of The Mandalorian. I too will be binning Netflix off for Disney +

 

However, nothing will get me into the cinema to watch Episode 9. I could not be less interested in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new film could be the best ever but it would still be too little, too late for me. One average film and one shit film already in this trilogy, in addition to 3 shit prequels in the series overall. They’ve somehow managed to completely fuck Star Wars up which is mad given how good the originals were. 

 

Hopefully the the new content will be everything the past 5 films in the ‘Skywalker saga’ should have been. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says everything about how shit the sequel trilogy is when the prequel trilogy is thought of better. 

 

Disney have shit all over the original trilogy and bringing the emperor back just shits all over Vader and him fulfilling the prophecy.

 

They are so quick to want to use the original characters to get money but expect us to care about their new shot characters.

 

They want to let the past die but are quick enough the bring it up when they need that nostalgia cash.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2019 at 14:32, Carvalho Diablo said:

Crikey, are they still  milking this?! Do they ever intend to put this thing to bed? Has there ever been another film which  has spawned so many  offshots  and  sequels?

 

The  very definition of a "franchise" .

The show runners of game of thrones have signed on to do 3 more star wars movies. Might explain why they did a rush job on the last 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, niallers said:

The show runners of game of thrones have signed on to do 3 more star wars movies. Might explain why they did a rush job on the last 2 seasons.

I'm interested to see if it'll work. There's not actually much you can do with Star Wars, it seems like there is but what most crave is familiarity. If there's no storm troopers, Empire, helmeted villain and ultimate weapon you're in trouble. A desert planet is also a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I re-watched The Last Jedi over the weekend. 

 

I remember leaving the cinema thinking it was good but feeling somewhat cold towards it. It certainly didn’t invoke any childhood memories like TFA did.

 

Having re-watched it again, the coldness has turned to apathy. I get the opinion that Rian Johnson just wanted to stick 2 fingers up at everybody and their expectations. 

 

You want Rey to be a Skywalker or whatever? Fuck you.

 

You want Luke to come back and kick ass? Fuck you. 

 

You want a backstory of Snoke? Fuck you.

 

TFA delivered, more or less, what fans wanted to see. TLJ seemed to go out it’s way to piss people off.

 

Although I agree there are a few poor moments (Poe / Hux at the start, Leia Poppins, the casino planet in general), I think there is a better cut of that film in there.

 

Despite the daft moments, ultimately, I don’t think it is a bad film, the last hour is especially good. It’s a decent film but it’s not a decent Star Wars film. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AE0DFA01-E065-47ED-AD2C-49F1B8AF8E62.png

 

I read a theory that Dark Side Rey is a clone. 

 

Isn't Luke cloned as Luuke in the books? 

 

I wonder if the Emperor is a clone, therefore achieving his ideas of cheating death & linking Episode 9 to the prequels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people think Johnson wrecked everything with TLJ? It’s not like he was operating without producer oversight.

 

I find it very hard to believe that there was no outline for this trilogy when Abrams took it on. I suspect that, like the MCU, the writer/director of each individual movie would have been given a bullet point list of things that needed to happen in respect of the overall story, but then had freedom as to how they got there in each film.

 

I suspect Snope was always going to be a plot device - after the first film everyone has their theories about who he is. Then suddenly he’s killed off in the second film, and everyone’s discussing who, if not Snope, is the big bad. Then what Disney had probably envisaged as their big reveal in the teaser trailer for RoS, the Emperor’s voice!! Except, instead of the excitement they were hoping for they got groans of they’re not really going to go there, are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the plot leaked last night as it’s been pulled off reddit by Lucasfilm this morning.

 

Good in places, dumb in others.

 

Think it’ll divide people just as much as The Last Jedi to be honest! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opened YouTube this morning to be confronted by a suggested video, the title of which basically revealed the huge plot secret. Great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a link on YouTube:

 

 

Personally, I think it sounds alright. I’m sure if you read the originals out loud with a sarcastic and condescending tone, you could easily poke fun at it and say that sounds shite as well.  

 

Like TFA, obviously sounds like it plays to the beats of ROTJ, hopefully without the flat middle fucking about on Endor. To me, it sounds like it plays to what fans want to see. Some of it sounds a bit daft but parts of the originals were daft as well. 

 

I had the video on while I was getting ready so some of it might not have been given 100% my attention. I’m not go watch it again and hope I forget most of it before December. However, I’m looking forward to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Found a link on YouTube:

 

 

Personally, I think it sounds alright. I’m sure if you read the originals out loud with a sarcastic and condescending tone, you could easily poke fun at it and say that sounds shite as well.  

 

Like TFA, obviously sounds like it plays to the beats of ROTJ, hopefully without the flat middle fucking about on Endor. To me, it sounds like it plays to what fans want to see. Some of it sounds a bit daft but parts of the originals were daft as well. 

 

I had the video on while I was getting ready so some of it might not have been given 100% my attention. I’m not go watch it again and hope I forget most of it before December. However, I’m looking forward to it. 

That guy's an absolute embarrassment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul said:

Opened YouTube this morning to be confronted by a suggested video, the title of which basically revealed the huge plot secret. Great. 

Unfortunately I can see that the expected reaction to some potential elements of the film will make people lose their respect for others not having major parts spoilt for them.

 

Expect that Game of Thrones social media reaction in the final series will have nothing on this film.

 

At the end of the day it's just a series of films about wizards and laserguns and I wish some fans would remember that at times.

 

Also I'd take any plot leaks you potentially have had spoiled for you already with a pinch of salt as things change in editing/final stages of post production. Fingers crossed for you that's the last time you come across any of that nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×