Quantcast
Star Wars - Page 15 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

19 minutes ago, Mook said:

Ok, well in the last 10 or 20 years there's been a big increase of these shit, bland, posh twats in popular art whether it's Ellie Goulding, Benedict Cumberbatch or Ed Sheeran, most of them probably come from these god awful schools where rich parents send their kids to learn to sing, act & dance. I don't fucking like them, regardless of their gender.

I often think the media have us arguing about sex, race & religion to keep our minds off the biggest problem which is wealth distribution & the chance that these cunts get in life compared with everyone else.

This Star Wars bird is fucking crap in my opinion, I went to the pictures to see the first two films & she done my head in, I'm not going to bother a third time & I'll leave the thread be. I hope my kids can be a bit more open minded than I am at times & maybe they'll love these films, I certainly won't be stopping them or anyone else.

I agree that working class/middle class kids can't get anywhere in the arts any more due to lack of funding and some decent working class actors have spoken out about it. 

Whether Rey is a male or female is incidental though and if we stopped watching stuff because there's posh people in it the no one would watch anything. 

• Upvote 1

Thought the trailer was okay, I'll probably watch the film as it can't be any worse than that utter shit sandwich that was The Last Jedi.

I don't mind Rey as a character, that Poe Dameron is fucking gash though.

Plinkett and co nail it with their videos tbh.

Just took my nieces, 9 and 10, to a music from Star Wars concert at the Philharmonic.

Managed to convince them to pose with Vader and the Stormtroopers on their knees, like captives with hands behind their head, so that I could send the picture round the family with the caption ‘REBEL SCUM!’

Not sure my sister-in-law was too impressed...

• Upvote 6

D7LL0JgXkAAYktq?format=jpg&name=large

Have to say, he looks the part the wee man.

It's clear this film is one big salvage operation due to the fact Rian Johnson is such a fucking genius he effectively destroyed the main villain and most of his fleet in the second fucking film, as well as completely removed all mystery around Rey, the force, and pretty much everything else in general. 

You can tell Abrams came in and started thinking about what he was going to do with Snoke and then someone  told him he was dead, and he's been like 'holy fucking shit, please tell me Iain McDermid is still alive!'  

Richard E Grant, whoever he's playing, likewise seems to have been brought in to compensate for the fact Johnson turned Hux into Colonel Sanderz from Spaceballs. 

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

D7LL0JgXkAAYktq?format=jpg&name=large

You can tell Abrams came in and started thinking about what he was going to do with Snoke and then someone  told him he was dead, and he's been like 'holy fucking shit, please tell me Iain McDermid is still alive!'  

According to the filmmakers the plan was to always bring back the Emperor in this trilogy, so I wouldn’t have thought JJ Abrams would have been bothered Snoke was killed off.

With him and the Knights of Ren I don’t think there was much room for Snoke anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Richard E. Grant also in this.

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

According to the filmmakers the plan was to always bring back the Emperor in this trilogy, so I wouldn’t have thought JJ Abrams would have been bothered Snoke was killed off.

With him and the Knights of Ren I don’t think there was much room for Snoke anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Richard E. Grant also in this.

Do you reckon that's true about The Emperor? Sounds a bit blag that. 

"Fuck  you've killed the villain!"

"I know - woke motherfucker woke!"

"holy fucking shit!!!" 

Yeah we were always gonna do this. 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Do you reckon that's true about The Emperor? Sounds a bit blag that. 

"Fuck  you've killed the villain!"

"I know - woke motherfucker woke!"

"holy fucking shit!!!" 

Yeah we were always gonna do this. 

No idea, but there was apparently an outline of a story for all of the three films. Might explain why there were some questionable decisions made by Abrams and Johnson. 

See what the bigger picture is all about when the film is released I guess. Will be pretty easy to see if it’s blag. 

Interesting photo of Luke also released earlier. Doesn’t appear to be a scene of the Forceback of his temple burning down as seen in the other two films - given he had shorter hair and a different outfit.

70D42403-5405-4894-8F5B-44C56A4DCA04.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Interesting photo of Luke also released earlier. Doesn’t appear to be a scene of the Forceback of his temple burning down as seen in the other two films - given he had shorter hair and a different outfit.

70D42403-5405-4894-8F5B-44C56A4DCA04.jpeg

R2 is way too small there. Should be a good 20% bigger I reckon.

Mark Hamill is a brilliant man.

The Last Jedi was an abomination.

I quite liked Rogue One.

I still wish they'd do an all out Star Wars war film - 15 certificate/preferably 18. 

Not arsed about the next one. If it's another dud then the trilogy is no better than the prequel trilogy IMO. 

A shame it's come to this.

41 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Mark Hamill is a brilliant man.

The Last Jedi was an abomination.

I quite liked Rogue One.

I still wish they'd do an all out Star Wars war film - 15 certificate/preferably 18. 

Not arsed about the next one. If it's another dud then the trilogy is no better than the prequel trilogy IMO. 

A shame it's come to this.

Agree with all that except the last bit, the prequels are some of the shittest films ever made, not just Star Wars films, I mean absolute tripe. Really recommend the Red Letter Media deconstruction of them to just realise how bad they are. (The Phantom Menace for example, doesn't have a hero. The most basic building block of a story in the history of humanity.) 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Agree with all that except the last bit, the prequels are some of the shittest films ever made, not just Star Wars films, I mean absolute tripe. Really recommend the Red Letter Media deconstruction of them to just realise how bad they are. (The Phantom Menace for example, doesn't have a hero. The most basic building block of a story in the history of humanity.) 

Palpatine is the "hero".  The prequels are the story of Palpatine disguised as the story of Anakin/Vader. 

• Upvote 1