You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, Section_31 said:

This sounds good. The Mandalorian, played by that fella from Game of Thrones and Narcos. A gunslinger on the outer rim after the fall of the empire in return of the Jedi. Being written by John Favrau for Disney's own streaming service.

Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-First-Look.png

Probably going to be exclusive to Disney’s forthcoming streaming service though. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

By all accounts, that’s going to be an excellent service. I’m really looking forward to seeing what content they can come up with. 

I'm not so sure about it. The main push seems to be Marvel, Star Wars and remakes / reboots of existing Disney franchises. The production values should be good, but the fact they won't make R-rated content and want to maintain the image of a family service makes me worry it'll be very middle of the road.

20 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

By all accounts, that’s going to be an excellent service. I’m really looking forward to seeing what content they can come up with. 

I think you might be right, be interesting to see how Netflix reinvent themselves as their recent success has been mainly down to Marvel.

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'm not so sure about it. The main push seems to be Marvel, Star Wars and remakes / reboots of existing Disney franchises. The production values should be good, but the fact they won't make R-rated content and want to maintain the image of a family service makes me worry it'll be very middle of the road.

Could potentially hold licence for Miramax films made up until they sold it off.  Also Studio Ghibli.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Could potentially hold licence for Miramax films made up until they sold it off.  Also Studio Ghibli.

Yeah, their back catalogue could be decent, but I'm still not convinced. Maybe I'm not the target market, as I prefer the darker Netflix shows, but thus far the Disney service is sounding like it'll be original PG content for families for the most part. I mean, is there really a huge hunger for a Three Men and a Baby remake?

13 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

Is there going to be one?

Yeah we're still due punisher series 2, and Jessica Jones series 3.

Then I imagine they'll get cancelled shortly afterwards too. 

Like it's been mentioned Disney is unlikely to put these on to their streaming service, but once Disney takes over fox they'll own the fx network and majority of hulu, so there's potential for the series to be put on to one of them. 

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Yeah we're still due punisher series 2, and Jessica Jones series 3.

Then I imagine they'll get cancelled shortly afterwards too. 

Like it's been mentioned Disney is unlikely to put these on to their streaming service, but once Disney takes over fox they'll own the fx network and majority of hulu, so there's potential for the series to be put on to one of them. 

That's good to know, might have to look at changing to Disney once it's up and running.

I already subscribe to Disney’s streaming service, Disney Life. It’s like £5.99 per month. Readily available from all the App stores etc.

It’ll be a lot better when it has all the Marvel shows on it, it’s mostly kids stuff at the moment like Doc McStuffins and shite.

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I already subscribe to Disney’s streaming service, Disney Life. It’s like £5.99 per month. Readily available from all the App stores etc.

It’ll be a lot better when it has all the Marvel shows on it, it’s mostly kids stuff at the moment like Doc McStuffins and shite.

I wonder if that's why Netflix are cancelling all the marvel stuff because Disney are gonna make it instead? A lot of it is x rated though so not sure how that would work.

I subscribe to Disney life as well and I reckon Disney will keep that separate from the new app as it’s mainly kids stuff or maybe a tiered subscription and it’ll be extra to get that content. 

As for stuff like Daredevil, once Disney complete their purchase of 20th century fox they’ll own a majority stake in Hulu which I expect will be rolled out over here.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

What did people think of Solo? 

I’ve tried to sit through it three times, but each time had to turn it off because I found it a bit shit. 

I quite enjoyed it at times, didn’t really add anything to the ‘universe’ but was better than I thought it would be.

Had some issues in places with it but overall I think it would have done better if they released it later.

It was fun in places. Not sure I’d watch it again though any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

What did people think of Solo? 

I’ve tried to sit through it three times, but each time had to turn it off because I found it a bit shit. 

Thought is was okay, not terrible or great. Reminded me of an episode of Firefly