You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just been for a mooch around the market and spotted some Return of the Jedi stuff, made me propper nostalgic, I'm gonna watch them all tonight now!

One obscure scene from the films that always stands out for me is in The Empire Strikes Back, when the AT-ATs are advancing on the shield generator and the commander asks for 'maximum firepower', however. just before shooting the generator he shoots a rebel in the back who's in the process of running away.

Every time i see it it has me in stitches, what an absolute cunt!

I watched them all over the Easter weekend.

Did you watch them back-to-back TK? I've got a mate who is mad for watching trilogy's in one sitting. He watched all 6 star films in one day once, the fucking nutbag.

He also watched the LOTR trilogy (extended editions) the same way. Mentalist.

Did you watch them back-to-back TK? I've got a mate who is mad for watching trilogy's in one sitting. He watched all 6 star films in one day once, the fucking nutbag.

I bet he's single.

Yes

My lord

Prepare your troops for a surface attack. Dont forget to shoot that Rebel Coward before you destroy the shield generator.

GENERAL VEERS TO DO LIST:

Put petrol in AT AT

Buy sweets and crisps for the troopers

Shoot Cowardly Rebel in the back

Destroy shield generator

Call in at Tesco's for weekly big shop, on way home.

Prepare your troops for a surface attack. Dont forget to shoot that Rebel Coward before you destroy the shield generator.

GENERAL VEERS TO DO LIST:

Put petrol in AT AT

Buy sweets and crisps for the troopers

Shoot Cowardly Rebel in the back

Destroy shield generator

Call in at Tesco's for weekly big shop, on way home.

haha ace!

"Distance to shield generator?"

"one-six decimal two-eight"

Ace, the yanks should build some AT-ATs and send them to Iraq, that'd give the insurgents pause for thought.

Tis the only way to do it, if you have the time.

I watched the Godfather trilogy back to back a few years ago, took me from 5pm through to the wee hours; worth it though.

Also when pissed while in uni decided to watch the original SW trilogy in backwards order, you know just to try it.

Guest TK-421

Nah, one or two episodes per day. I saw IV - VI at the cinema once in Liveropool when I was 8, it was great. We had sleeping bags, flasks of hot soup, the works.

She is a genetic physicist so you might be bang on the money there Nick.

Geeky fit birds are the holy grail.

I watched LOTR extended editions back to back with a few mates, took us about twelve hours bit flew by to be honest!

I could do the first three (the old ones) if I had a hangover Sunday but they'd have to be the old version or at least the digitalised version pre Lucas ruining them with songs and extra scenes - can you get these on DVD?

The new ones I never want to see again - I'm not even sure I've seen the 2nd or 3rd, I've seen one of them - Lucas cums over the whole screen for 2 hours. I love you. The End.

Guest TK-421
I could do the first three (the old ones) if I had a hangover Sunday but they'd have to be the old version or at least the digitalised version pre Lucas ruining them with songs and extra scenes - can you get these on DVD?

The new ones I never want to see again - I'm not even sure I've seen the 2nd or 3rd, I've seen one of them - Lucas cums over the whole screen for 2 hours. I love you. The End.

Yeah you can get the originals of IV-VI they were released on limited edition DVD last year.

Big badda-boom, 21 quid the lot:

I read the reviews are seeing that it was 4x3 - strange I thought but it's true:

2.0 out of 5 stars No thanks, 6 Oct 2006

By S J Buck (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews

(TOP 100 REVIEWER) (REAL NAME)

If you want the original Cinema release, without subsequent digital 'enhancements' do not buy this DVD.

The original version is in 2.35:1 letter box (which is fine as that was the original cinema aspect ratio) within a 4:3 picture frame (why???). This means that you not only get letter boxing top and bottom but also right and left. So if you've still got an old 4:3 ratio TV this will be OK (and thats all), but for those of us with widescreen TV's this means you either have to watch a tiny 4:3 image or use your TV's zoom facility to get the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. However if you do this you are reducing quality, and as many other reviewers have pointed out this isn't the greatest transfer anyway.

If you're happy with the digitally enhanced anamorphic version then go ahead and buy. However, if like me you want the original untouched movie as released at the cinema forget it. Happily I haven't spent a penny to find this out!

The ones I have on VHS are widescreen digitally remastered without the new dirt. The explosions are bigger and thats about it. I think I'll just ask my sister to record the VHS onto DVD-R.