You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I thought it was pretty decent. I think to someone like me, who mainly just watched the films and tv, you don’t appreciate the character backstory from other mediums. 

Stevenson is a big loss (in general). I thought the rest were decent enough.  It was entertaining. 

18 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Strange post, you seem irate that some people disliked something you liked. I'm sure you've disliked other things other people like (bands, films, TV shows etc) and would consider it patronising if someone accused you of over analysing it or seeing it through a nostalgic lens.

I loved Andor and was 42 when I saw that. In fact, you expressed surprise I think on this very thread when I said I thought it was a 'masterpiece', so it seemed I liked that 'too much' and this 'not enough'. 

While Andor was great, I think you are overstating it by calling it a masterpiece. It’s got as many flaws as Ahsoka has, just different ones. 

You know the end story with Andor. Ahsoka is world and lore building from the legends stories and making them into cannon for a new saga. So it’s not going to be hitting everything from the get go. It’s also got to correlate with “Somehow Palpatine came back” bollocks that JJ Abrams lazily concocted. 

All those things you mention about characters relationships has already been established in the animated series of Rebels.

How could we expect those already existing relationships to be built in what is effectively the 5th season of that particular show? 

I think one issue with Ahsoka is with Filoni’s current skill level. Filoni has built his career in animation, and we are seeing a story teller from that genre grow and expand his skills into live action  in real time. which in itself brings its flaws into the open, and there are examples of that throughout this series. However he will improve them as he continues to build and grow the saga.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Is this fan made then?

Hmm, not sure. I don't even know if they've filmed it/plan to, the release info today though said two new live actions shows are planned but not Andor, which a few people were expecting.

Didn’t mind Ashoka but my god that last episode was shockingly bad.

The plot armour surrounding the heroes fighting the stormtroopers was incredible.

It’s a shame they all fall apart because as fans this is something we’ve all craved for since we were kids but they’re just making the same thing over and over again but with different characters. Does everyone need a sarky robot sidekick now.

Another thing that’s freaking my nut out is just how bad the music is in all of them. There’s no tune, just notes that go nowhere. Reminds me of my kids hammering musical instrument when they were babies. There’s no drama or relevance, just tuneless dirge that takes me out of the show. John Williams must be having a breakdown listening to this shite. 

Amd don’t get me started on Mary Winstead. That’s the worst acting I’ve ever seen filmed. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I think star wars just needs some kind of talented showrunner. There's different people running each project all with their own takes. That's why the quality varies so widely IMO. Put Favreau over the motherfucker.

They put Feige over it couple of weeks ago didnt they.

Dave Filoni was promoted to Chief Creative Officer last month so he has oversight of all projects from inception rather than being brought in half way through as he was in his previous role.

Him and Faverau were in control of most TV productions for a while as well.

• 1 month later...