You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Kenobi, set 10 years after prequel trilogy. 5 years before Andor, which is set 5 years before Rogue One. Mandalorian, 5 years (I think) post Jedi and 20 (could be less) years before The “sequels” which ties in with Baby Yoda being 60-70. 

Was this supposed to make things clearer?

BBY = Before battle of Yavin

ABY = After battle of Yavin

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace – 32 BBY

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones – 22 BBY

The Clone Wars – 22 BBY-19 BBY

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith – 19 BBY

The Bad Batch – 19 BBY

Solo: A Star Wars Story – 13 BBY – 10 BBY

Obi-Wan Kenobi – 10 BBY 

Star Wars Rebels – 5 BBY – 1 BBY

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – 1 BBY

A New Hope – 0 BBY

The Empire Strikes Back – 3 ABY

Return of the Jedi – 4 ABY

The Mandalorian seasons 1 and 2 – 9 ABY

The Book of Boba Fett – 9 ABY

Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 34 ABY

Star Wars: The Last Jedi – 34 ABY

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – 35 ABY

If you want a more comprehensive rundown read this:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/star-wars-timeline/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

If everyone from Obi Wan and a Tatooine inn keeper knows about the Empire and the inquisitors and they've been doing their thing for 10 years, how does Obi Wan not know about Darth Vader?

Was it that he didn’t know anakin was Darth Vader? 

It just feels like I’m watching the mando again but with obi wan & leia instead.

Now I’m in no condition to run anything more than a bath but I reckon if I was a baddie I’d have easily caught leia. Kids not gonna win any races in  the Aldarran sports day 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

It just feels like I’m watching the mando again but with obi wan & leia instead.

Now I’m in no condition to run anything more than a bath but I reckon if I was a baddie I’d have easily caught leia. Kids not gonna win any races in  the Aldarran sports day 

Yeah, but you haven't considered there were some twigs and branches in the way. So, ya know. 

I actually enjoyed it. There were some silly bits, but overall I like the vibe of Disney's Star Wars TV shows. 

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

If everyone from Obi Wan to a Tatooine inn keeper knows about the Empire and the inquisitors and they've been doing their thing for 10 years, how does Obi Wan not know about Darth Vader?

He thought he killed him he n Mustafar at the end RoTS. That’s why he doesn’t know he exists isn’t it?

18 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Kenobi, set 10 years after prequel trilogy. 5 years before Andor, which is set 5 years before Rogue One. Mandalorian, 5 years (I think) post Jedi and 20 (could be less) years before The “sequels” which ties in with Baby Yoda being 60-70. 

That's Numberwang!

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

He thought he killed him he n Mustafar at the end RoTS. That’s why he doesn’t know he exists isn’t it?

But like i said, he's hiding from the Empire, and the inquisitors, and the people of Tatooine already seem to know who the inquistors are, and Obi Wan definitely does.

In ten years nobody has mentioned the name of the man second in command to the Emperor despite the empire terrorising the galaxy?

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

But like i said, he's hiding from the Empire, and the inquisitors, and the people of Tatooine already seem to know who the inquistors are, and Obi Wan definitely does.

In ten years nobody has mentioned the name of the man second in command to the Emperor despite the empire terrorising the galaxy?

The Inquisitors had been going for a while prior to this part of the story. So it’s understandable the people of Tatooine would be aware of them, probably visited previously, and news travels around the galaxy. 

Reva is brand new though, and it’s her character that’s throwing the whole thing imo. While I have no issue with the character, it just seems a bit forced and wedged into the story. 

Kenobi has been a hermit, you get shown that with the repetitive showing of his daily routine. He’s shut himself off from everything. So even though he’s seen Anakin get given the Lord Vader title, he’s also left him to die because he couldn’t strike the final blow.

Kenobi thinks he’s left Mustafar with Anakin not surviving having just chopped his arm and both legs off and him surely burning to death by molten lava.

Then he’s boxed getting the kids sorted and disappeared into the background. While Vader was still being kept alive and not even in his suit. 

Him not knowing anything post dropping Luke off at Uncle Owen’s, makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense is that particular character being used as bait to lure him out. Or where Reva fits into all of this. 

20 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

The Inquisitors had been going for a while prior to this part of the story. So it’s understandable the people of Tatooine would be aware of them, probably visited previously, and news travels around the galaxy. 

Him not knowing anything post dropping Luke off at Uncle Owen’s, makes sense.

The first scene Obi Wan is in is showing his daily routine, working at the meat 'factory', traveling back to Mos Eisley, heading off to his cave, haggling with Jawa's returning to Mos Eisley, heading back to the meat plant

He's a hermit in as much as he lives alone on Tatooine but he's still going into town, he's still working with people and commuting with people, he's occasionally having conversations with Owen. At no point someone said  "that Darth Vaders a bit of a nob head, wish him and his inquisitors would fuck off" within earshot?

It's not a massive issue it's just an odd detail to throw in if the sole purpose was to have that scene with Reva, they could have flipped it and just said something like 'He's looking for you' and then flashed to him in the bacta tank.

Also Vaders been in the suit ten years at this point he get's it almost immediately after Revenge of the Sith.

15 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

What doesn’t make sense is that particular character being used as bait to lure him out. Or where Reva fits into all of this. 

Would Reva be one of the Jedi kids making their escape from the Jedi temple in the pre-credit sequence? Maybe she thinks Kenobi left them to die?

9 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s all bollocks when you try and rationalise it. So don’t. 

Was that Flea from RHCP?

Yep. They’ve obviously got a thing for funky bassists with Thundercat in The Book of Boba Fett and Flea in this. I’m fully expecting Mark King of Level 42 to turn up in Ahsoka.  

• Upvote 1