You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watched the Star Wars collection in the correct time line for the first time. 
It’s really brought everything alive for me and I have to say it’s given me a whole new level of appreciation for it.

Brilliant.

Currently watching The Mandalorian for the 1st time. Very enjoyable

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's a weird choice.

She meets Vader (and finally find's out he's Anakin) pre episode IV in Rebels and you don't see here again until the epilogue to Rebels set some time after RotJ. At that point she's setting out to find Grand Admiral Thrawn and Ezra who go missing prior to a New Hope.

Given she mentions looking for Thrawn, in the Mandalorian, it's fair to assume the plot will be centred loosely around that story (especially with Dave Filoni involved).

He'll probably come back as a force ghost of Anakin but think it would be better if he was just in her head or the odd flashback.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

That was The Emperor who was assumed to have died on the Death Star.

Well he had died until JJ Abrams was a complete bellend. 

Cloning you know. It’s all the rage. Oh and fuck JJ Abrams & his lens flare nonsense. That’s two of my favourite sci-fi shows/films he’s fucked up.  

Not sure if crow barring him into the Obi Wan film or Ashoka really helps him though.

They could have done some live action stuff around the Clone Wars or some Order 66 stuff hunting down Jedi who managed to escape the first wave like in the Jedi Fallen Order/Force Unleased games.

We're creeping into Terminator/Aliens territory constantly having to ret-con cannon and screwing with timelines because despite a massive galaxy with the opportunity to tell an unlimited number of stories they're obsessed with trying to tie everything back to the originals.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair I'm glad to see him getting a second bite of the cherry having had his career derailed due to some of the most slspdash use of scripts and CGI in cinema history. Let's see what the wee man can do.

Can he do it on wet windy night on Kimino though?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Not sure if crow barring him into the Obi Wan film or Ashoka really helps him though.

They could have done some live action stuff around the Clone Wars or some Order 66 stuff hunting down Jedi who managed to escape the first wave like in the Jedi Fallen Order/Force Unleased games.

We're creeping into Terminator/Aliens territory constantly having to ret-con cannon and screwing with timelines because despite a massive galaxy with the opportunity to tell an unlimited number of stories they're obsessed with trying to tie everything back to the originals.

I’m not sure how that works live action or how it would work long term with Christensen being more involved. It would surely have to be voice overs for his internal thoughts as, there isn’t much live action left of him after he’s had his arms and legs chopped off, then left for dead by Obi-Wan.

The increase in ret-con of cannon is because of the three sequels. They’ve fucked it up big time story wise and are trying to change stuff and create/shove stuff on that was never part of Lucas’ original story. And doesn’t make sense. 

Apparently it’s part of the contract when sold to Disney+ that they couldn’t change anything about the prequels and original trilogy. But they seem to be trying to exactly that with the prequels.

They need to make a series about Luke, up until he tries to kill Ben Solo. And Kylo Ren needs a bigger story telling than what was put out. A waste of another potentially boss character. 

• Upvote 1

You either have Anakin in the Clone Wars or, as you say, voiceover/inner voice of him as Vader if you go between 3 and 4.

Neither are perfect although the Clone Wars gives Disney more scope to have him as a good guy.

They should just bin it all off and go early days of the Jedi/Sith, no mention of the original characters, stick a Revan or Bane in their if they have to and leave everything else behind.

30 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You either have Anakin in the Clone Wars or, as you say, voiceover/inner voice of him as Vader if you go between 3 and 4.

Neither are perfect although the Clone Wars gives Disney more scope to have him as a good guy.

They should just bin it all off and go early days of the Jedi/Sith, no mention of the original characters, stick a Revan or Bane in their if they have to and leave everything else behind.

I’ll see what they do with him in the KOTOR remake before I go all in that one. He’s another that would be ace to see. I think he’d work better as animation.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck, looks like I'll have to buy Disney Plus again.

This is what the modern Star Wars films don't get that the TV shows do. The best parts of Star Wars was never the swords and magic and riding wacky creatures, it was that it looked like a real, lived in place. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Red74 said:

Why does Disney get TV Star Wars spot on but seems to fail dramatically with cinematic Star Wars?
That looks fucking awesome & my love for Ming Na Wen grows even stronger.