You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Juniper said:

Rumoured he’s mostly playing Captain Rex, a clone and companion to Ahsoka from The Clone Wars/Rebels- who has also been cast in recent weeks.

Pretty sure we’ll see him make a cameo as Boba Fett also, since some recent books revealed that he didn’t die and left his damaged armour on Tatooine.

It’s been as good as confirmed. Disney not said anything yet but the big Hollywood press all going with it. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Yeah, seen that in a few places. Heard it might be held back for Season 3 though. 

Do spill...

Edit - Never watched the clone wars cartoon so means nothing to me.

I do hope they show how Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc Pit though.

9 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The Empire Strikes Back used to be my favourite. It’s Return of The Jedi nowadays, though. It has a bit of everything.

This was brilliant. Still freaks my nut out to this day that I never completed it.

s-l400.jpg

Oh Tony!  I managed to complete that back in the day, my last sticker I needed was Luke in the light sabre fight.  Had to swap 50 stickers for it! 

image.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2020 at 10:38, Section_31 said:

Always amazes me how some don't rate Jedi, it's probably my favourite. The emperor is fucking boss and one of my favourite film scenes of all time is when the super star destroyer crashes and Ackbar sits back as if to say "thank fuck".

Vader's helmet is also discernibly more shiny in this.

I read something recently comparing Luke's approach to the Emperor with Rey's, arguing (correctly) that Jedi's seeing Luke throw his lightsabre away to rely on love and compassion for his father to defeat the Emperor versus Rey's I'm Every Jedi moment followed by a Hadoken to the chops is far superior.

Jedi is brilliant. I've nothing against the Ewoks - they were ultimately child-friendly films so no problems with that. I hated the music change from the end of Special Edition though. 

I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but the new trilogy is - at best - really underwhelming and disappointing. Planned, written and executed by Disney committee.

Are the Ewoks that child-friendly? They're little savages. They eat people. I just can't get my head around criticism of that film which describes them as cuddly teddy bears.

My biggest issue with the sequel trilogy is the total lack of coherence across the three films. The first one was fan service, highly enjoyable in itself, but it was treading old ground. The second went in a bold new direction and divided the fan base, but it was all for nothing, because the third one took everything from the second film and threw it all away. It couldn't have been more of a backtrack if it transpired that Rey had dreamt it all.

The prequel trilogy was abysmal, but at least it had a plot arc which made sense.

• Upvote 3

There was no plan for the films. JJ Abrams threw out Lucas's plotline for three films and set up questions with no answers in TFA. Rian Johnson has said he was surprised to come to the second film and be told do what you want. Then after he made so many drastic changes to the direction of the trilogy and there was such a divide in opinion on it, they threw out Treverrow and the script he had developed in favour of what they saw a safe pair of hands, who then undid the best thing in Last Jedi (the idea that Rey was a nobody - that anyone could be a hero) by having Rey related to already established characters.

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Are the Ewoks that child-friendly? They're little savages. They eat people. I just can't get my head around criticism of that film which describes them as cuddly teddy bears.

My biggest issue with the sequel trilogy is the total lack of coherence across the three films. The first one was fan service, highly enjoyable in itself, but it was treading old ground. The second went in a bold new direction and divided the fan base, but it was all for nothing, because the third one took everything from the second film and threw it all away. It couldn't have been more of a backtrack if it transpired that Rey had dreamt it all.

The prequel trilogy was abysmal, but at least it had a plot arc which made sense.

Agree on Ewoks. They’re portrayed as mini-Wookiees really. Love them. 

Anakin Skywalker, before George Lucas ruined the end of ROTJ. That's one of the "Last 17" vintage action figures that Kenner made, they're less common than most, although that's probably the least desirable of them all.

After the utter abject dross that were the prequels I have thoroughly enjoyed the x3 sequels. Not perfect, but the original Star Wars films themselves were full of plot holes. 

The characters of Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren and Po were not only great but also correctly cast as relatively unknowns, unlike the prequels shoehorning in Ewan bloody Mcgregor, Liam Neeson, Samuel L Jackson etc      

14 minutes ago, Dave D said:

After the utter abject dross that were the prequels I have thoroughly enjoyed the x3 sequels. Not perfect, but the original Star Wars films themselves were full of plot holes. 

The characters of Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren and Po were not only great but also correctly cast as relatively unknowns, unlike the prequels shoehorning in Ewan bloody Mcgregor, Liam Neeson, Samuel L Jackson etc      

Plot holes in the original? I honestly can't think of any. Whatever people think of them their story beats are pretty much perfect, the very definition of the hero's journey. 

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Plot holes in the original? I honestly can't think of any. Whatever people think of them their story beats are pretty much perfect, the very definition of the hero's journey. 

Theres quite a few listed on nerdy websites.

Not that I have looked......much

I can't take Jedi seriously at all. Not because of the actual film but when I was 14 me and my mates dubbed over it and made the Emperor a massive paedo trying to nonce up Luke Skywalker with the help of Darth Vader who was a former paedo who got filled on so bad by parents he needed a robot suit to survive. 

Chewbacca was one of the teachers in our school who had a long beard and mad hair. Princess Leia was a scally bird from Bootle. 

19 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Anakin Skywalker, before George Lucas ruined the end of ROTJ. That's one of the "Last 17" vintage action figures that Kenner made, they're less common than most, although that's probably the least desirable of them all.

*ahem* Imperial Dignitary

Hmm, well I can't say the Dignitary is a particularly great figure, but it definitely sells for much more than Anakin.

Good memories of successfully persuading my dad to buy me Amanaman in the late 80s from a market stall in town for 35p, because 25p was the usual going rate for figures back then.

• 1 month later...