You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A couple of lads I used to work with bought themselves fucking light sabres ffs.

One of the lads is around 45, the other mid 30's. That fucking gimp moved to Cardiff and joined an international light sabre sporting club where they presumably dress up in dressing gowns and go round making funny noises whilst whacking each other with sticks.

Weirdos, though saying that I had Dalek slippers with a toy gun at the side, I must of been about 6 at the time. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Plus, the prequels (not seen the new trilogy) don’t look or feel like the original films.

I read an article the other day that showed the best order to watch the films in so as not to spoil the experience if you've never seen any of them. As an example, in The Empire Strikes back you learn about a certain important father/son relationship and this pretty much is rendered as useless by watching the second and third prequel. So it was recommended to watch A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back before the second and third prequel. They completely took the first prequel out of the list as there is nothing of importance to the rest of the films.

No first prequel, no Jar Jar Binks. Happy days.

Film sequences that span 43 years, and 11 films (inc solo and Rogue 1) that are released in incorrect order and wildly change in director style, budget and target audience do have a tendency differ a bit.......   

Boba Fett confirmed and cast for Season Two of The Mandalorian. Temuera Morrison playing Jango’s cloned son. Superb. Jon Favreau hitting all the right notes in his little corner of the Star Wars galaxy. 

47 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

In order of my preference.

1. Return of the Jedi

2. The Empire Strikes Back

3. Star Wars

The rest can do one.

Always amazes me how some don't rate Jedi, it's probably my favourite. The emperor is fucking boss and one of my favourite film scenes of all time is when the super star destroyer crashes and Ackbar sits back as if to say "thank fuck".

Vader's helmet is also discernibly more shiny in this.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Always amazes me how some don't rate Jedi, it's probably my favourite. The emperor is fucking boss and one of my favourite film scenes of all time is when the super star destroyer crashes and Ackbar sits back as if to say "thank fuck".

Vader's helmet is also discernibly more shiny in this.

The Empire Strikes Back used to be my favourite. It’s Return of The Jedi nowadays, though. It has a bit of everything.

This was brilliant. Still freaks my nut out to this day that I never completed it.

s-l400.jpg

• Upvote 1

But seriously, Ewoks? Any self respecting stormtrooper (or Jedi for that matter) would surely take great delight in just walking round and booting the furry fuckers.

Imagine the delicious squeak as a size 12 connected to send the furball flying to meet it's maker.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

But seriously, Ewoks? Any self respecting stormtrooper (or Jedi for that matter) would surely take great delight in just walking round and booting the furry fuckers.

Imagine the delicious squeak as a size 12 connected to send the furball flying to meet it's maker.

Harsh that, the Battle of Endor was apparently Lucas's take on Viet Nam.

They can take our lives, but they'll never take our yub nub.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Ewoks are sound. I occasionally watch the quiz show, Tenable. Warwick Davies gets on my tits, though. The programme would be improved immeasurably if he shut up and did it in full Ewok costume.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Boba Fett confirmed and cast for Season Two of The Mandalorian. Temuera Morrison playing Jango’s cloned son. Superb. Jon Favreau hitting all the right notes in his little corner of the Star Wars galaxy. 

Rumoured he’s mostly playing Captain Rex, a clone and companion to Ahsoka from The Clone Wars/Rebels- who has also been cast in recent weeks.

Pretty sure we’ll see him make a cameo as Boba Fett also, since some recent books revealed that he didn’t die and left his damaged armour on Tatooine.