You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 months later...

Having a posh English bird as the central character is just fucking shit, I feel sorry for wee boys now, having all their films ruined by feminist drivel.

That'll go down like a knackered lift on here but there you go. Dinosaurs still walk the Earth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

Having a posh English bird as the central character is just fucking shit, I feel sorry for wee boys now, having all their films ruined by feminist drivel.

That'll go down like a knackered lift on here but there you go. Dinosaurs still walk the Earth.

It's cool for wee girls though, and good that they finally have more films to watch with characters they can be inspired by. I think it's long overdue to be honest (not trying to argue, just my opinion.)

• Upvote 2

I think the emperor coming back is the only way to save the trilogy.  The last jedi was that fucking tragic it’s difficult to see how it could recover.  They need a “that was all a load of irrelevant nonsense” retcon style moment and the only way to really do that is to go all in and say the emperor was behind it all anyway etc.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a force type ghost or something.

The thing that is surprising is that they’ve revealed it in a trailer.  I imagine Abrams would have been dead against it.  He lives for suspense and brilliant twists.  What it says to me is that Disney are shit scared it’s going to tank off the back of Johnson’s mess.  Solo was underwhelming at the box office for a Star Wars film.  They blamed franchise fatigue at the time but everyone knew the real reason.

18 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's cool for wee girls though, and good that they finally have more films to watch with characters they can be inspired by. I think it's long overdue to be honest (not trying to argue, just my opinion.)

You do make a good point but the last Star Wars film was completely overrun with 'strong female' characters & the box ticking stood out a mile to me at least. It doesn't help that the film was crap right enough.

It's pish that the sexism stuff comes long before wealth distribution too, how come these actresses always come from money? When are some women from poor backgrounds going to get a shot at a lead role, they won't will they.

Bollocks to the lot of it.

*goes off to watch Dirty Harry

• Upvote 2

Palpatine cloned himself in the old Extended Universe, it'll be interesting if they've brought that back into the canon.

I feel lucky that I'm not one of these people who has been turned off Star Wars in recent years, I feel sorry for anyone who can't get excited about a Jedi somersaulting over a speeding TIE fighter.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Palpatine cloned himself in the old Extended Universe, it'll be interesting if they've brought that back into the canon.

I feel lucky that I'm not one of these people who has been turned off Star Wars in recent years, I feel sorry for anyone who can't get excited about a Jedi somersaulting over a speeding TIE fighter.

I've only watched The Phantom Menace from the 'newer' ones. I don't think they will ever capture the magic or the first 3. Feels like they are bleeding the franchise too much. I'm sure the kids love it but I find it a bit boring now. Same as with any Terminator film after 2. 

Saying that I loved Jurassic World. What the fuck do I know. 

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

You do make a good point but the last Star Wars film was completely overrun with 'strong female' characters & the box ticking stood out a mile to me at least. It doesn't help that the film was crap right enough.

It's pish that the sexism stuff comes long before wealth distribution too, how come these actresses always come from money? When are some women from poor backgrounds going to get a shot at a lead role, they won't will they.

Bollocks to the lot of it.

*goes off to watch Dirty Harry

Yeah there's still a lot of flaws in the process, I'd prefer it if things weren't so focused on the few major film studios in the US too and if they'd take more risks instead of being generic so often to chase cash.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah there's still a lot of flaws in the process, I'd prefer it if things weren't so focused on the few major film studios in the US too and if they'd take more risks instead of being generic so often to chase cash.

You mean like dogfighting in space in actual real life space ships? Yeah I'm in. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I've seen The Matrix. Don't need to see it in a galaxy far, far away

Also interesting that they are mining the, now non canon, EU

Ressurrect the past, clone it if you have to.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Because the central character doesn’t have a cock?

Its only a film at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Just seems too forced, and like it or not males are the main demographic watching these films. 

Anyway Princess Leia was a badass, clearly in charge, bossing the lads about, beautiful, an actual princess, general of the rebellion. It's not like young girls were lacking a role model in the original films. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I'm glad I'm not one of those people who has been turned off Star Wars in recent years, too. I've always thought Star Wars is shit. So much so I trolled the shit out of people pretending I was the only one who liked The Last Jedi. Beautiful. 

Trek FTW.