You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yeah, they were a REAL epic Adventure... with a compelling storyline, genuinely likable characters, and an easily definable good vs. evil struggle.

It's the ultimate story of good and evil.

And my nearly 3 year old nephew is right onto it.

Glad Lucas is fucking off though. Very glad.

It's the ultimate story of good and evil.

And my nearly 3 year old nephew is right onto it.

Glad Lucas is fucking off though. Very glad.

It didnt really show though what the Empire was doing wrong? Yeah I know they blew up a planet and murdered Luke's parents but that was because of the rebellion

It didnt really show though what the Empire was doing wrong? Yeah I know they blew up a planet and murdered Luke's parents but that was because of the rebellion

To be honest I can't see the films being as good if they had showed Princess Leia campaigning against the poll tax.

I will be gutted if they don't base the new films on the books which looks like what is happening. Admiral Thrawn would make an excellent on screen bad guy.

New Star Wars wars film..

Yoda,Obi Wan and vadar are dead...

Han is about 80..

can't wait!

And what of Hammil, Fisher & Ford?

Hammil & Fisher probably need the money but both look totally unrecognisable to how they did in the originals so may not be considered and I doubt Ford would be that bothered.

Personally I'd sooner be shot of 3PO. R2 is okay since he can't talk so is unable to utter the absurd lines Lucas conjures up but the beeping bastard was pushing the envelope in terms of irritating viewers in the prequels, what with his newfound flying ability, squirting oil and doing some fucked up force lightening of his own.

I just think as a consistant theme throughout all the films they should both be kept on, and Chewbacca just because he is ace

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering

darkside.jpg

We're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into Death Star storage B. We have some new Storm Troopers coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?

It could be shit but as fans we've got nothing to lose here. Under Lucas we'd have just had more and more tampering with the originals - only a matter of time before Jah Jah Binks turned up in the Battle of Endor.

Plus if he ever made another film or a tv series it'd be guaranteed shit.

If Disney release the original theatrical versions on Blu Ray, all will be forgiven.

Now that would be successful, not the crappy, digitally remastered crap that I'm forced to watch now.

I had the original trilogy on VHS, it got lost over the years, but those cassettes would be worth their weight in gold now in my opinion.

Now that would be successful, not the crappy, digitally remastered crap that I'm forced to watch now.

I had the original trilogy on VHS, it got lost over the years, but those cassettes would be worth their weight in gold now in my opinion.

Fortunately I have the VHS and the DVDs of the originals safely stashed away, where George Lucas can never find them