You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who Are The Independent Talking About?

Anubis

You dont need pace, its a myth.

Would you mind telling that to my 5-a-side captain (goalie), who seems to be under the misapprehension that I should have caught the nippy centre forward who scored twice to beat us 3-1 tonight?

Perhaps we should employ Dwaine Chambers...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollox

Check the date

I suspect it's not going to be some 'exciting' forward player. It'll be Rafinho, or Lahm, someone along those lines. Not that we don't need strengthening in those areas, because we do, probably more than in the other areas, but for all those expecting the unveiling of Quaresma/Alves in the near future, I think you'll be sorely disappointed.

(Haven't seen anything of Rafinho, although am told he's good. Lahm I have seen, and I rate him pretty highly.)

Might be that Dos Santos kid from Barcelona, heard snippets about us being intrested in him a few weeks back. He's Mexican and plays on the wing i think, but thats all i know about him, anyone on here know whats he's like

Might be that Dos Santos kid from Barcelona, heard snippets about us being intrested in him a few weeks back. He's Mexican and plays on the wing i think, but thats all i know about him, anyone on here know whats he's like

I heard that to, suppose to be with Alonso going other way.Not seen him think he was out on loan.

Just found this on him,he seems a cocky little cunt and he aint got the build for over here.He would be getting kicked to death here imo.

YouTube - The New Ronaldinho: Giovanni dos Santos

I think Ballague often makes it up as he goes along, but you could see exactly where either Modric or Zarate would fit into the team/squad.

Tell me more please, Danny. I know nothing about either player (bar Zarate being a young Argie loanee at Birmingham).

Tell me more please, Danny. I know nothing about either player (bar Zarate being a young Argie loanee at Birmingham).

The best reference point for Modric is probably Rosicky - small, tricky little fucker, bags of skill, plenty of international experience with Croatia even though he's only young (22 or 23, I think). As far as I know, his club side Dinamo Zagreb play pretty much the same kind of 4-2-3-1 we've been doing recently, with Modric on the left of the 3 behind the striker - where he could, in theory, easily step in for us, with Babel switching to the right. That said, he's pretty versatile.

Without getting all rebel23 about it, he'd be an amazing signing, but we'd be talking very big money - Arsenal and Chelsea both sniffed around him a lot last summer and in January. You'd imagine as things stand that if he came he'd be the one big signing.

From what I've seen, Zarate's shown real signs of coming to terms with English football lately - again, young, quick, and I think given that one of the things we need is an understudy for Torres, he'd be perfect - good enough to play upfront on his own, but also young and inexperienced enough not to be demanding to play every game.

All just yapping for now, of course, but like I say, I could actually say where each of them would fit in for us (a point which is sometimes a bit fuzzy with Rafa's signings).

The best reference point for Modric is probably Rosicky - small, tricky little fucker, bags of skill, plenty of international experience with Croatia even though he's only young (22 or 23, I think). As far as I know, his club side Dinamo Zagreb play pretty much the same kind of 4-2-3-1 we've been doing recently, with Modric on the left of the 3 behind the striker - where he could, in theory, easily step in for us, with Babel switching to the right. That said, he's pretty versatile.

Without getting all rebel23 about it, he'd be an amazing signing, but we'd be talking very big money - Arsenal and Chelsea both sniffed around him a lot last summer and in January. You'd imagine as things stand that if he came he'd be the one big signing.

From what I've seen, Zarate's shown real signs of coming to terms with English football lately - again, young, quick, and I think given that one of the things we need is an understudy for Torres, he'd be perfect - good enough to play upfront on his own, but also young and inexperienced enough not to be demanding to play every game.

All just yapping for now, of course, but like I say, I could actually say where each of them would fit in for us (a point which is sometimes a bit fuzzy with Rafa's signings).

Ta. I must say that the more I see of Babel, the more I'd prefer to see him line up on the other side for a few matches. I know that would negate some of the cutting inside, but it would allow him to go outside his man more often. That said, if we get a better attacking left back who can go outside, it won't matter; in fact it'd even be preferable to have him there.

Im not convinced about Zurate, I will be looking harder from now to the end of the season though.

You are right about Modric and Zagreb, they play the same system as us and he is the number ten. He is probably stronger than Rosicky so dont let his small frame put you off.

I doubt you'd get much change out of 15m for him but they sold Eduardo to Arsenal on the cheap as it turned out and inflated the price for there supporters so if have gotten in early, especially before the Euro's start you just never know.

Lets hope Igor has a word.