You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

dave u

I actually think the main reason we lost yesterday is due to Man Utd paying off refs. I might be turning into a conspiracy nut, but it's just happening too much now with the Mancs.

I'd normally dismiss this as fantasy, similarly what Neil G wrote yesterday. But on 5live this am they had a manc woman who went on about how fergie had 'done' Benitez and seen this coming as he'd briefed his players not to approach the ref. How much moaning did we see from the usual suspects? Rooney (legitimate pen shout) said fuck all when he normally can't shut up. Ditto Giggs & Rapisto. I accept that they had little to moan about in the latter stages, but it seemed very strange given the norm in these matches.

Look at the facts: Bennet 'blackballed' at OT for a while, first big game he has and utd are like a team of choirboys. He couldn't wait to get the yellow into Torres and the Chief never got any warning. Now if the ref had spoken to players / captains / managers before about dissent d'you think Alonso would have made a better job of restraining Mascher, or Gerrard had a word?

Maybe ferguson did second guess him but it's a bit fishy for my liking.

I've read that thread again, and looked at who posted what, and you weren't the reason for the 'shakes head and leaves thread' comment. The only problem I have with what you posted was the timing of it, and because I was already frustrated at seeing threads on so many other players. It was a couple of the replies to your thread that really did my head in, as opposed to the original post itself.

People are going way overboard on Skrtel I think. He's promising, but he's made mistakes and was awful yesterday. I like the lad, he's a good player and will hopefully become a great one. Some people seem to have convinced themselves he already is though. Would they be saying that had Ibrahimovic punished that sloppy pass in the San Siro? He did the same thing at Anfield recently too. Like I say, he's promising, but he isn't there yet.

Carra isn't in the best of form, but he hasn't been as bad as some are making out either. He's been inconsistent more than anything, he's had some brilliant games and some poor ones. The same can be said of most of the team, and that's one of our biggest problems.

As for his 'poor distribution', it's a myth. Does he overdo the long ball? Yes, I'd say he definitely does and it can be frustrating. But I've seen him pick out some fucking brilliant passes and crossfield balls, but that never seems to get noticed.

It seems daft to say, as he's as mentally strong as they come, but he looks like he's low on confidence to me, and at times he's looked physically shattered as well.

Fucking right.

I bet one hundred pounds that Rashid either implicitly or explicitly criticises Carra at least another hundred times before the end of the season. I say another as he's already racked up about 250 of them so far. Mind you, back in his days as a fullback, he was just "shit".

I'd normally dismiss this as fantasy, similarly what Neil G wrote yesterday. But on 5live this am they had a manc woman who went on about how fergie had 'done' Benitez and seen this coming as he'd briefed his players not to approach the ref. How much moaning did we see from the usual suspects? Rooney (legitimate pen shout) said fuck all when he normally can't shut up. Ditto Giggs & Rapisto. I accept that they had little to moan about in the latter stages, but it seemed very strange given the norm in these matches.

Look at the facts: Bennet 'blackballed' at OT for a while, first big game he has and utd are like a team of choirboys. He couldn't wait to get the yellow into Torres and the Chief never got any warning. Now if the ref had spoken to players / captains / managers before about dissent d'you think Alonso would have made a better job of restraining Mascher, or Gerrard had a word?

Maybe ferguson did second guess him but it's a bit fishy for my liking.

That's a good point Al, I'd forgotten about it in my rage over the sending off. If Rooney goes down that's a stonewall pen and red card, and he had a case for it even though he stayed on his feet as the contact threw him off his stride. And yet there wasn't a peep from him or any of his team mates, when you'd expect them to be up in arms over it.

the thing that annoys me about carra are the unpressured hoofs. carra is a no nonsense defender, I get that, I get its better to just put your foot through the ball rather than risk calamity in the box but I don't get if the need to launch it long when there are passing options and I don't get giving the ball straight back to the opposition when you've spent the better part of 10 minutes trying to get the ball back. if there are no passing option then move forwards with the ball until they (passing options) present themselves, you dont have to be beckenbauer to do this ffs.

I've seen jamie pick out accurate passes so there is no excuse for it (aimless hoofs) it only loses us possession and if we are under the cosh the ball will come straight back, sami is just as gulity in the regard.

That would be one of the rougher days that Torres had at the office in his time at Anfield, you could see that by the way he trudged off when subbed, but he'll learn plenty from it and bounce back very soon, I'd imagine.

Hattrick against the bitters.

People expect them to lead the team by example in these big games and be hyped and show some "excess" passion to get the rest of the team going. Not to faff around in the tunnel with your mates or stroll around the pitch with your hands in your pockets. We want to see, that you mean business. Lets have an early 50MPH tackle to set the mood, Clap your hands, G-up your team mates, I don't know.

Maybe Rafa expects them to be calm, and maybe those are their orders but It doesn't benefit a game like this.

Didn't that earn Mascher his first yellow? I get what you mean, but that and even trying to ask about a mate's treatment to the ref was getting carded yesterday.

He looked frustrated from the lack of support he was getting from the ref.

In Europe he would have had numerous fouls given for the kicks and knocks he recieved but he got offered zero protection.

Even Andy Gray commented on the Torres booking saying he was purely asking the ref about the challenges coming in.

We all know the players are on a huge salary but some of them do still like to win and that is why you get players like Torres and Mascherano getting frustrated when a knobhead like Steve Bennett is in charge.

I would like to think so.

Did we even get a free-kick for that?

That one was incredible where Vidic hammered him and the twat just ignored it. Was shocking reffing but then Vidic hauled him down when he got skinned at Anfield earlier in the season and got away with it then aswell though we were generously awarded a free kick that time but no card that it deserved, he'll just keep doing it and doing it, same with that ugly cunt next to him. And the whole team to be honest.

I want Ferguson dead so bad.

Didn't that earn Mascher his first yellow? I get what you mean, but that and even trying to ask about a mate's treatment to the ref was getting carded yesterday.

I said tackle, not foul.

Not even a ref as bent as bennet can give you a yellow for a tackle where you get the ball first and just happen to knock the other player off his feet afterwards.